PDA

View Full Version : Bills Bust a Gem for Jets

ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.afceastdaily.com/2011/10/bills-first-round-bust-maybin-gem-for.html?utm_source=BP_recent

You gotta be kidding me.
:ill:

sqad5
10-26-2011, 10:15 PM
hahaha

ServoBillieves
10-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Sooooo,laughable

G Wolly
10-27-2011, 12:17 AM
I read the title and thought it was similar to "Bust a Nut" and I was confused.

PromoTheRobot
10-27-2011, 12:41 AM
This guy makes handful of plays and now he's so awesome? There are still UDFA's that play rings around this guy.

PTR

X-Era
10-27-2011, 05:29 AM
Who cares. He had a zillion chances with us and never did anything. If he goes somewhere else and has success so be it.

casdhf
10-27-2011, 06:04 AM
I hope he holds out.

RedEyE
10-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Give this some time before lowering your heads.

Some young guys get it right away while others tend to take years to really develop-then some don't trigger at all. Its the way of the NFL.

Besides, he was given ample opportunity. He didn't even practice well in Buffalo. Maybin was all around Crap with a capital C and I'm not too sure he hasn't just had some weak string of luck recently.

Let's not forget that the last team to cut this jack hole wasn't the Buffalo Bills, it was the New York Jets. The Jets had an injury, were backed into a corner and rolled the dice a second time. They've been lucky with the results thus far but there is a long season ahead of us. I think the old Maybin will materialize once more - but if not, who really gives a "F"? I'm glad he's gone he was an absolute waste of space and capital.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Give this some time before lowering your heads.

Some young guys get it right away while others tend to take years to really develop-then some don't trigger at all. Its the way of the NFL.

Besides, he was given ample opportunity. He didn't even practice well in Buffalo. Maybin was all around Crap with a capital C and I'm not too sure he hasn't just had some weak string of luck recently.

Let's not forget that the last team to cut this jack hole wasn't the Buffalo Bills, it was the New York Jets. The Jets had an injury, were backed into a corner and rolled the dice a second time. They've been lucky with the results thus far but there is a long season ahead of us. I think the old Maybin will materialize once more - but if not, who really gives a "F"?

I do.

Why?

Because if he continues to be successful, it means one of two things: either that lazy bum didn't work hard enough when he was here, or our coaches failed to utilize/recognize his talent. Both of those are inexcusable.

RedEyE
10-27-2011, 06:25 AM
I do.

Why?

Because if he continues to be successful, it means one of two things: either that lazy bum didn't work hard enough when he was here, or our coaches failed to utilize/recognize his talent. Both of those are inexcusable.

Is it on the coaches to hit the field and execute too? It's an obvious lack of work ethic. He had even lost the respect of his teamates around him. How much time do you give a guy to pull his head out of his ass and live up to the standard he projected and the pay he demanded?

Would you rather the guy be sucking up a roster spot and milking a pay check with the hopes that one day, somewhere down the road, he will finally get it?

He had his chances and blew it. The Bills coaching staf gave him ample opportunity and he blew it. He was getting outplayed by the practice squad.

And, again, let's not forget the Jets caned this guy too. And let's not forget that Ryan, the same guy that's praising him today, also openly criticized Maybin's abilites some 2 short months ago before cutting him.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Is it on the coaches to hit the field and execute too? It's an obvious lack of work ethic. He had even lost the respect of his teamates around him. How much time do you give a guy to pull his head out of his ass and live up to the standard he projected and the pay he demanded?

Would you rather the guy be sucking up a roster spot and milking a pay check with the hopes that one day, somewhere down the road, he will finally get it?

He had his chances and blew it. The Bills coaching staf gave him ample opportunity and he blew it. He was getting outplayed by the practice squad.

And, again, let's not forget the Jets caned this guy too. And let's not forget that Ryan, the same guy that's praising him today, also openly criticized Maybin's abilites some 2 short months ago before cutting him.

No, I'd rather the guy either had the work ethic here that he has with the Jets, or that our coaches found a way to motivate him.

If it's on Maybin, and not on the coaches, so be it, but if that's the case, then **** him. He screwed us over.

RedEyE
10-27-2011, 06:29 AM
No, I'd rather the guy either had the work ethic here that he has with the Jets, or that our coaches found a way to motivate him.

If it's on Maybin, and not on the coaches, so be it, but if that's the case, then **** him. He screwed us over.

Agreed.

chernobylwraiths
10-27-2011, 06:33 AM
From what I read and heard living around here, he did not lack work ethic, he worked hard while here.

Remember, this is not all on the coaches, it's not all on Maybin. Certain players just don't work well in certain situations or defensive styles. Should the Bills coaches have changed their whole defensive philosophy to tailor it to a guy who only plays a few plays a game?

I remember an old Bill who was decent before he came, was great when he came and slipped into obscurity when he left. Bryce Paup. Won a defensive player of the year award. Now some of why he declined was injury, but his style was tailor made for that defense.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 06:44 AM
From what I read and heard living around here, he did not lack work ethic, he worked hard while here.

Remember, this is not all on the coaches, it's not all on Maybin. Certain players just don't work well in certain situations or defensive styles. Should the Bills coaches have changed their whole defensive philosophy to tailor it to a guy who only plays a few plays a game?

well, in an ideal world, our coaches shouldn't have drafted a 225 lb defensive end, and many people- including myself- said that on or before draft day in 2009. Lucky for us the people responsible for that decision are no longer with the team, but if we're going to play the "what if" hindsight game, this is where the problem started.

Skooby
10-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Maybe we'll get 240 pound lineman soon that can "really" play, LOL. This guy is one dogpile away from being crippled, you wait.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2011, 07:49 AM
The Jets system is better suited for him, which may account for his performance...Rex knows how to utilize guys with his skill set. I doubt Maybin will ever be an every down guy, but he can be a blitzing LB coming off the edge.

Mahdi
10-27-2011, 07:55 AM
IMO Maybin was never used properly and we cut him prematurely.

I have a hard time believing that all the pass rushers we`ve had since George Edwards has been here are useless.

We don`t know how to use rushers in this defense for some reason.

PromoTheRobot
10-27-2011, 09:01 AM

I have a hard time believing that all the pass rushers we`ve had since George Edwards has been here are useless.

3 seasons of zip...yeah we gave up too soon. :doh:

PTR

PromoTheRobot
10-27-2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=204632&highlight=Maybin

Hindsight is 20/20.

PTR

TigerJ
10-27-2011, 09:24 AM
If he continues to be successful, my guess is that Rex Ryan deserves credit primarily for recognizing that Maybin is a situational player, who should be asked to do one thing, and only placed in the game when that one thing is what's needed. The problem for Buffalo was they drafted him high enough that he had to be an every down player in order to justify his draft position and salary. Then his defensive coaches tried to force himm in a mold that he couldn't fulfill. He was probably doomed to fail as a high first round pick. He should have been no more than a second or third round selection where it is acceptable to be a role player.

Don't Panic
10-27-2011, 09:52 AM
OBD drafted the wrong guy. Anything that happens from there is just fluff to the story.

Bill Cody
10-27-2011, 10:06 AM

The thing that really bothers me about Maybin was his inability to play special teams. Special teams is all about desire and guts. He couldn't do it. And with the truckload of cash he got from us he should have been looking for any and all ways to contribute so that still bugs me.

But I will say this. Maybin's always had speed. You're going to be limited on how many snaps you can use him because he's a big liability against the run but as a blitzer on obvious passing downs I could see him being useful especially if he can match up against a RB. I dunno why he did such a poor job here, he just looked overmatched, my take like everyone else's was he just sucked but I was always waiting for him to use his quick 1st step to advantage and he never did. He's on the Jets, makes it easier to hope he doesn't do much.

BertSquirtgum
10-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Maybins sucks. Jets fans are ******ed.

Oaf
10-27-2011, 06:08 PM
This is worth a look. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/10/25/2514316/the-art-of-war-how-to-sack-the-qb-if-youre-aaron-maybin

mikemac2001
10-27-2011, 06:10 PM
i could sack a QB with corners like the jets

he had the speed it just takes him 10 secs to get to the QB

who cares he isn't a bill and i don't expect this to last

Extremebillsfan247
10-28-2011, 01:31 AM
http://www.afceastdaily.com/2011/10/bills-first-round-bust-maybin-gem-for.html?utm_source=BP_recent

You gotta be kidding me.
:ill: Actually, that doesn't surprise me at all. If there is 1 coach in the NFL that could make something out of Maybin, it's Rex Ryan. Ryan is a better coach than Jauron, Fewell, and G. Edwards. Maybin's early success there just confirms what everyone who watches this game already knows. JMO