PDA

View Full Version : If this team is for real, a loss to the Redskins is inexcusable

BillsWin
10-26-2011, 10:01 PM
The Redskins are injured, they are playing a QB that started the season as second string and even worse, wasn't recognized at his own team's training camp and was asked to leave at the gate.

A guy we sacked, what nine times as a Dolphin one year?

Come now.

Not only that, but the boys in blue have had two weeks to prepare. Chan A.K.A. "MegaMind" better have come up with a good gameplan.

If this team is the real deal they need to win, and I think, need to win decisively.

If not, we could see a late season collapse similar to the 5-1 to 7-9 debacle of a few years past.

Our back half of the schedule is just too tough for us to lose to Washington coming off a bye. Especially when we gave away tight games to the Giants and Bengals.

Show you can win when you need to!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
I sure would like to watch a game and not feel like im having a heart attack every min.
a good solid blow out would be a comfort at this point

Oaf
10-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I sure would like to watch a game and not feel like im having a heart attack every min.
a good solid blow out would be a comfort at this point
Week 1?

Slim
10-26-2011, 11:14 PM
I think it will be a close game. Like always I feel like our defense will give up a good amount of yards. It's just a matter of if when can limit turnovers.

Crisis
10-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I think it will be a close game. Like always I feel like our defense will give up a good amount of yards. It's just a matter of if when can limit turnovers.

I know our defense is ****, but lets see if they're on the "get torn up by John beck" level of ****.

Slim
10-27-2011, 12:00 AM
I know our defense is ****, but lets see if they're on the "get torn up by John beck" level of ****.

I'm not saying they will be but, I won't be shocked if they do.

YardRat
10-27-2011, 05:45 AM
This is true.

Seems like it's been every week for the last four or five where we're looking forward to Sunday's game as a barometer for what this team is really made up of.

BillyT92679
10-27-2011, 10:26 AM
The Bills are STILL quite beat up themselves.

I for one am nervous about Levitre vs someone like Orakpo on the edge.

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 10:30 AM
The Bills are STILL quite beat up themselves.

I for one am nervous about Levitre vs someone like Orakpo on the edge.

We're most likely going to send our TE's to help Levitre.

BillyT92679
10-27-2011, 10:31 AM
We're most likely going to send our TE's to help Levitre.
Which takes away yet another option... Chandler has been limited a lot lately ever since Bell went down.

ddaryl
10-27-2011, 10:38 AM
a loss to Washington on the road in Toronto is very possible.. Our D is banged up badly, as is our OL.

my gut says the last 10 games are not going to be as much fun as the 1st 6

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Which takes away yet another option... Chandler has been limited a lot lately ever since Bell went down.
I agree but if it helps give Fitz more time, someone is bound to get open.

psubills62
10-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm not terribly concerned about Chandler being used to protect. As I said before, there are other ways of neutralizing pass rush, especially in play-calling.

One of the most effective plays for the Eagles last year was to max protect Mike Vick and send both Maclin and D. Jackson out on routes. Vick simply waited for one of them to get open and hit the pass. Granted, our receivers aren't as good as Jackson and Maclin, but they still have the ability to get open, and I don't think we need to max protect.

DraftBoy
10-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Im far more concerned about their D getting pressure than I am about Beck tearing up our D.

Kerrigan and Orakpo v. Pears and Levitre scares me.

DrGraves
10-27-2011, 10:51 AM
agreed. i hate to say it but this game is a must win.

Mahdi
10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Their defense will get a fare share of stops. Our D will have to step up against their run game.

Their zone scheme is hard to defend and we still can't stop the run. Skins will be looking to make this a short, low scoring game.

better days
10-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, I agree with OP about TO. I think the Bills can win but would like their chances much better if the game were in Buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
If the Bills lose to the Redskins I believe that will assure a 7-9 or 8-8 record because the Redskins are terrible.

The King
10-27-2011, 11:14 AM
RUN, RUN, RUN, throw the ball 15x

BillyT92679
10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Well, I agree with OP about TO. I think the Bills can win but would like their chances much better if the game were in Buffalo.
yeppers
I think the Bills win by a touchdown or more in OP but win something like 21-17 in Toronto

BillyT92679
10-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Im far more concerned about their D getting pressure than I am about Beck tearing up our D.

Kerrigan and Orakpo v. Pears and Levitre scares me.
I honestly don't think the Bills score too much in this game
Conversely I don't think Washington scores much either.

I've seen some predict scores like 31-13 Bills... the 13 I agree with for Washington a lot more than the 31 for Buffalo.

TheBrownBear
10-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I honestly think this team, at this moment, is about as good as last year's team was during the second half. Point being, I think they're overdue to lay a total turd like they did at times last year (NE, Minny and NYJ's game). Rust, injuries, and neutral crowd catch up to us in this one - I think the Redskins win this one by two scores. Something like 23-10.

trapezeus
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
i concur with the subject of this thread.

it all comes down to this game on whether we are real or just an improving team.

6-10 is an improvement.

but this team had the swagger of a playoff team for the first 6 weeks. let's see how they overcome the biggest challenge yet. Not so much the redskins, but the lack of 1A options. they don't have the 1A players in key positions, but they need to make plays.

i'm watching to base what i think our ability over all will be. Win here and we stay ahead of the jets with a chance to sepearte from them the following week by 2 games and ahead to head match up. Lose, and we are tied going into the next week and possibly behind the jets.

This week is important.

Ed
10-27-2011, 04:16 PM
i concur with the subject of this thread.

it all comes down to this game on whether we are real or just an improving team.

6-10 is an improvement.

but this team had the swagger of a playoff team for the first 6 weeks. let's see how they overcome the biggest challenge yet. Not so much the redskins, but the lack of 1A options. they don't have the 1A players in key positions, but they need to make plays.

i'm watching to base what i think our ability over all will be. Win here and we stay ahead of the jets with a chance to sepearte from them the following week by 2 games and ahead to head match up. Lose, and we are tied going into the next week and possibly behind the jets.

This week is important.
Plus, the Pats have one of their toughest, if not the toughest game left on their schedule playing in Pitt. I expect the Pats to win, but a loss for them and a win for us against the skins puts the Bills back in first place.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Week 1? dude week one was like a million years ago LOL

Oaf
10-27-2011, 08:45 PM
dude week one was like a million years ago LOL
:rofl: doesn't it feel like that!?

Extremebillsfan247
10-28-2011, 12:52 AM
The Redskins are injured, they are playing a QB that started the season as second string and even worse, wasn't recognized at his own team's training camp and was asked to leave at the gate.

A guy we sacked, what nine times as a Dolphin one year?

Come now.

Not only that, but the boys in blue have had two weeks to prepare. Chan A.K.A. "MegaMind" better have come up with a good gameplan.

If this team is the real deal they need to win, and I think, need to win decisively.

If not, we could see a late season collapse similar to the 5-1 to 7-9 debacle of a few years past.

Our back half of the schedule is just too tough for us to lose to Washington coming off a bye. Especially when we gave away tight games to the Giants and Bengals.

Show you can win when you need to!
Beating the Redskins will not be easy regardless of their starting QB, or their injuries. The Bills are not exactly going into this game completely healthy either, and have problems of their own.