PDA

View Full Version : Some names to think about with our 1st rounder

X-Era
10-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Sorry guys, I have personal crap going on that's eating up my time. That's why I haven't been around as much.

But, as always I'm thinking about what positions and players may fit for our next draft.

I think OLB, CB, and OT are our top needs at this point. Then I would say that WR, backup QB, and ILB are also needs.

Based on that and where I think we may pick in the 1st round, probably mid to late 1st, here's some names to watch:

OLB- Courtney Upshaw- Alabama
OLB- Ronnell Lewis- Okl.
OLB- Zach Brown- UNC
CB- Dre' Kirkpatrick- Alabama
CB- Stephen Gilmore- So Car.
CB- Alfonzo Denard- Neb.
OT- Riley Reiff
OT- Levi Adcock- Ok St.

WR- Michael Floyd- ND
WR- Jeff Fuller- Texas A&M
WR- Alshon Jeffery- So Car.
ILB- Luke Keuchly- BC
ILB- Vontaze Burflict- Ari St.

A few guys with character issues may just be kept off our radar. Janoris Jenkins, and Kevin Reddick may fit that.

DraftBoy
10-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Id dump Adcock, Lewis, and Brown off your list.

Id add Minnifield to the CB's.

DesertFox24
10-27-2011, 08:08 AM

Id add Minnifield to the CB's.

I agree with dumping Brown he does not fit our profile unless we make him an ILB and Barnett's heir apparent.

I am not Burflict fan

Also why take Adock off the list

And Add kelechi Osemele to the list

Personally I have a feeling we are going to go after OLB and CB early and then you will see us draft ILB, WR, and OL after.

Marvin McNutt has Buddy Nix type of player written all over him.

X-Era
10-27-2011, 09:58 AM

Id add Minnifield to the CB's.I think it's too early to dump anyone. But yeah, I see that they may be borderline.

psubills62
10-27-2011, 10:33 AM
How bad was Reiff's injury? I can't imagine he'll be there when we pick unless his injury is pretty bad.

Is Datko still a first rounder with his injury?

Despite those questions, and despite our needs along the OL, I don't see us picking an OT in the first. Mainly based on Buddy Nix's draft history, the one I did before this past year's draft. He just doesn't pick OL high...I can see him grabbing a later one, but not in the first two rounds or so.

Nix does place a premium on CB's, though. Since we have a need there, I'm fully expecting our first or second round pick to be a CB. I'm 99% sure we'll draft one in the top 2 rounds come April 2012.

DraftBoy
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree with dumping Brown he does not fit our profile unless we make him an ILB and Barnett's heir apparent.

I am not Burflict fan

Also why take Adock off the list

And Add kelechi Osemele to the list

Personally I have a feeling we are going to go after OLB and CB early and then you will see us draft ILB, WR, and OL after.

Marvin McNutt has Buddy Nix type of player written all over him.

Brown fits and he's a strick OLB not ILB.

Adcock is a mid-round RT, no need to take him in the 1st. Osemele is guy Id look at in Round 1 but is he a OT or OG?

DraftBoy
10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I think it's too early to dump anyone. But yeah, I see that they may be borderline.

Im dropping Brown way down now that Ive seen him four times, no point to his game.

Neither Adcock or Lewis are 1st Round values for me.

DraftBoy
10-27-2011, 11:30 AM
How bad was Reiff's injury? I can't imagine he'll be there when we pick unless his injury is pretty bad.

Is Datko still a first rounder with his injury?

Despite those questions, and despite our needs along the OL, I don't see us picking an OT in the first. Mainly based on Buddy Nix's draft history, the one I did before this past year's draft. He just doesn't pick OL high...I can see him grabbing a later one, but not in the first two rounds or so.

Nix does place a premium on CB's, though. Since we have a need there, I'm fully expecting our first or second round pick to be a CB. I'm 99% sure we'll draft one in the top 2 rounds come April 2012.

Dont think it was too bad re: Reiff

Not sure on Datko, it depends on if he can do anything before the draft.

k-oneputt
10-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Im dropping Brown way down now that Ive seen him four times, no point to his game.

Neither Adcock or Lewis are 1st Round values for me.

I see you have fiqured out Brown. You were high on him a month ago.

DraftBoy
10-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I see you have fiqured out Brown. You were high on him a month ago.

No I hadnt had a chance to fully analyze his tape yet. He's still an athletic freak on par with Burfict but like Burfict he is nowhere near where he needs to be on the mental aspect.

k-oneputt
10-27-2011, 04:23 PM
You had him ranked #2 on your top-100 Senior player list.

DesertFox24
10-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Dude,

Rating can change during the course of the season. At least he has changed his rankings on him, unlike your boy Kiper who still think Clausen can be a player.

k-oneputt
10-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Hey Dude, {Back at ya}
The reason I question him is I know he knows the players and I like bantering with him. I actually enjoy his views and think he's one of the few and best on this site with the college football and the players.

DesertFox24
10-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey Dude, {Back at ya}
The reason I question him is I know he knows the players and I like bantering with him. I actually enjoy his views and think he's one of the few and best on this site with the college football and the players.

Roger that. One thing I hate the most is when guys do not update their rankings because of their ego.

methos4ever
10-30-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm a fan of Dwight Jones, UNC if we're picking in the 20s. Looks like a year's more refined than Easley, who may not be back.

I second Minnifield, CB UVA as well.

Any takers for the RS Soph Jones from Georgia? Seems like a quality player for OLB

DraftBoy
10-30-2011, 04:41 PM

Yea I know, looks horrible. That's on me.

clumping platelets
10-31-2011, 11:27 PM
If the right 3-4 DE is available, we should consider that as well

X-Era
11-02-2011, 05:46 AM
If the right 3-4 DE is available, we should consider that as well
I really like Jared Crick although many will have thoughts of another white DE from Nebraska who's already on the squad. Coples is another early option.

DraftBoy
11-02-2011, 07:18 AM
I really like Jared Crick although many will have thoughts of another white DE from Nebraska who's already on the squad. Coples is another early option.

Crick's injury status is going to hurt his stock, not sure how much yet.

Another guy to think about is Cam Johnson from UVA, Kheeston Randall from Texas, or Trevor Guyton from Cal.

k-oneputt
11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
I was watching the MichSt./Nebr. game this past saturday;

What's the deal with the Neb. lb, Will Compton ? Never heard of him until this weekend. That kid was making plays all day.

And A. Dennard is a stud. We all know who he is but he is much better then I thought.
The rb Burkhead is a tough kid and will play in the league also.

DraftBoy
11-02-2011, 10:34 AM

What's the deal with the Neb. lb, Will Compton ? Never heard of him until this weekend. That kid was making plays all day.

And A. Dennard is a stud. We all know who he is but he is much better then I thought.

Teams are running at Compton to avoid David.

k-oneputt
11-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Teams are running at Compton to avoid David.

Must be because he was getting it done all day.

David is to small to play lb in the NFL. Someone should make him a SS.

DraftBoy
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Must be because he was getting it done all day.

David is to small to play lb in the NFL. Someone should make him a SS.

I dont think he has the range to play SS in the NFL, he's a Cover 2 only OLB. Which sucks for him because the Cover 2 is dying out but he's a big time play maker.

ParanoidAndroid
11-04-2011, 11:23 AM

My new wife is a Big Red fan and I have been following them for a couple of seasons now.
Compton is someone who has recently come on as you said. That whole defense played extremely well last week. Crick, I think, is a bit overrated and might be overmatched in the NFL. The thing is, he's a smart player with a work ethic... a Buffalo kind of guy. He should not be in the 1st round conversation, though. Dennard is good and has taken over for Amukamara quite well. He's not quite as good as a lockdown, but has good instincts and makes few mistakes. My favorite defensive player is Lavonte David. That guy is an athlete with a nose for the football. He has the speed to cover and the ability to move through traffic in run support. Absolutely love that guy....the most consistent player the Huskers have.
Burkhead is a great contact runner and gets the extra yards. He's an okay reciever, but not what Chan is looking for, I think.

k-oneputt
11-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Good update on those players. Tnk.

Bmax
11-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Donte Hightower ALABAMA is a beast at ILB only a Jr but may leave..

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Donte Hightower ALABAMA is a beast at ILB only a Jr but may leave..

Id wager that he is likely to leave

tampabay25690
11-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Id wager that he is likely to leave

yea I think he is as good as gone....

psubills62
11-20-2011, 02:17 PM
You finally buying into Devon Still, DB? I see he's topping your senior DT rankings. Where do you think he goes now?