PDA

View Full Version : Players to resign

DesertFox24
10-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Ok so it appears OBD is going to at a minimum resign extend Fitz, Stevie, and jackson so we will move onto to others.

WR
Roscoe Parrish - we all love the guy but he is injury prone and over 30. I have a feeling he will not be resigned

TE
Scott Chandler - This needs to be done in my opinion teams have started to defend him after our first 4 games

OL
Bell - I think this guy is a must resign and should be added to the core player group. We can not keep training OTs getting them to be solid and then letting them walk

Rinehart - The guy is an above average player and is great depth which we have all be pleading for. I would almost rather resign him then draft a rookie and ask the rook to be the backup. However buffalo does have that 6th round Guard from Wisconsin on the practice squad that is a rookie and may opt to keep him both are similar build. I would prefer keep Rinehart and let the practice squad guy battle Brown for the inactive spot

Pears - I like Pears, but he is nothing special. Clearly Hairston has proven he can play, so the question is do we put Hairston on the Right Side where he might even be better for us. The question is the backup clearly bills have no faith in Sam Young or at least on the LT side so this will be interesting to watch

Urbik - will be restricted so I expect a high tender on him, if someone signs him fine we get a second round pick.

Lindell - sign him, he is a solid kicker and knows the ralph I do not want to suffer through another kicker learning the ralph when hopefully next year we will be division title contenders

Bryon Scott - I say resign the dude, he plays a lot of positions for us and I think we are his best bet as well. He can not play DB for a 43 team and is not a LB for 34 teams, GB might be an option but he has a solid role with us and I think it is in his best interest to sign with us. A decent deal close to what he signed for this time.

Andra Davis - sorry you were a great player coach, and would love to have you as a defensive consultant and then eventual Linebacker coach like Greene for GB

Kirk Morrison - I am going to say offer a 2 year deal, he is young and fits the height weight model for our ILBs. We would have Barnett, Shepp, White, Morrison, and Moats I guess. I would rather leave Moats at OLB and let him learn one position. Which if they finally leave Moats inside they could let Morrison walk and draft another guy so either way does not matter.

I would really hate to see our OL depleted I really hope we keep the guys and build even better depth through the draft, or make our draft picks starters and some current starters depth (Pears).

Clearly the Bills need more OLBs maybe two, and at least another Corner. I would also like to see another WR on this team. We all hope for the best from Easley but not sure of his future and I have not seen anything from him yet.

Mahdi
10-27-2011, 09:10 AM
George Wilson is going to demand a new contract and we should give him one.

k-oneputt
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
I think you are spot on.

I do question giving Bell big money with that shoulder issue. If healthy they should keep him. Have to check out his injury though, can't have this being a chronic problem.

Not sure about keeping Morrison yet either.

clumping platelets
10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Wilson signed a long term deal before the lockout. I believe Morrison is already signed for next season

Ed
10-27-2011, 10:17 AM
With our OL injuries and lack of depth, I'd like to see us keep all our current players and continue to add talent and depth through the draft. I think Hairston moves to RT next year, but Pears would be great depth. Same with Rinehart. He's filled in well at both G spots.

Skooby
10-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Wonderful write up here, thanks for the updates.

Mahdi
10-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Wilson signed a long term deal before the lockout. I believe Morrison is already signed for next season
Thanks I thought we tendered him only.

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
I like your list.

We just need another solid draft next year.