• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Bills bond through 0-8, build foundation for current playoff run

The Bills went from bottom feeders in the AFC East last year to a legit playoff contender in 2011, with largely the same roster. How'd they do it? Jeff Darlington writes it began in a house in Gilbert, Ariz.

The young wide receivers got the bunk beds. Third-year pro Steve Johnson headed for the basement, and the other six players divided up the couches, pullout beds and any other surface soft enough for a short night of sleep.

Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who asked his wife and kids to head to the grandparents' place nearby, handled the cooking, which generally consisted of taking the guys to his favorite Arizona eateries.

"But he did make a few meals," said running back Fred Jackson, defending his quarterback's attempts at cuisine.

This, without many of the frills you've come to expect from professional athletes, is where a group of no-name Bills began this year's journey: In April, at a house in Gilbert, Ariz., during a week of workouts and bonding that continues to resonate..............

URL fixed...
    Last edited by northernbillfan; 10-27-2011, 09:57 AM.

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Bills bond through 0-8, build foundation for current playoff run

I think you copied and pasted the wrong link
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

The Bills went from bottom feeders in the AFC East last year to a legit playoff contender in 2011, with largely the same roster. How'd they do it? Jeff Darlington writes it began in a house in Gilbert, Ariz.

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
        I think you copied and pasted the wrong link
        Fixed
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
          Retired (mostly)
          • Mar 2003

Ta

But to play
          that’s the thing
          shut up and deal
          ~ Jesse May

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Now back to commenting onthe thread and article:

Great read. It's something that has been said a few times before, however it's always nice to see a new spin on this side of the story.

What really caught my eye was the Chan quote at the end of the article: "We've got a ton of guys on the same page," Gailey said. "It's a unique group. It's a bunch of guys that just fought their way through their whole life to get where they are, and that makes it fun. It makes it fun to be around them."

If you are not having fun, you won't go far in this league.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by northernbillfan
              Now back to commenting onthe thread and article:

Great read. It's something that has been said a few times before, however it's always nice to see a new spin on this side of the story.

What really caught my eye was the Chan quote at the end of the article: "We've got a ton of guys on the same page," Gailey said. "It's a unique group. It's a bunch of guys that just fought their way through their whole life to get where they are, and that makes it fun. It makes it fun to be around them."

If you are not having fun, you won't go far in this league.
              Winning makes it fun.

Comment

Working...
              X