PDA

View Full Version : **** the NFL and their worthless ****ing TV coverage

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 10:59 AM
We always get the Ravens and Redskins games, so I thought for sure I'd be able to watch this game at home.

But, as it turns out, the Ravens just so happen to have one of their 2 NFC games on the same day we have one of our 2 NFC games, so both games are on Fox, and of course Baltimore is going to show the Ravens game.

And because our greedy POS owner sold our home game to Toronto, it's a 4 PM start instead of a 1 PM start.

And all of this coincides to **** me out of being able to watch the one game I should be able to watch at home.

**** the NFL and **** Ralph.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 11:01 AM
actually check that- it looks like Baltimore has the early game so the start time doesn't matter, but they're still not showing the Skins game late.

WTF?

better days
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
We always get the Ravens and Redskins games, so I thought for sure I'd be able to watch this game at home.

But, as it turns out, the Ravens just so happen to have one of their 2 NFC games on the same day we have one of our 2 NFC games, so both games are on Fox, and of course Baltimore is going to show the Ravens game.

And because our greedy POS owner sold our home game to Toronto, it's a 4 PM start instead of a 1 PM start.

And all of this coincides to **** me out of being able to watch the one game I should be able to watch at home.

In preseason, the game had been scheduled for 1 PM, the league must have been responsible for changing the game time.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Obviously the NFL and Ralph (as well as the rest of the world) need to schedule and plan everything around what you want

Skooby
10-27-2011, 11:07 AM
In preseason, the game had been scheduled for 1 PM, the league must have been responsible for changing the game time.

All our games were 1PM starts with an asterisk (*) & subject to change being mentioned, here is that rare occasion where the * means something.

Best advice for OP, go to bar & get drunk.

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Obviously the NFL and Ralph (as well as the rest of the world) need to schedule and plan everything around what you want

:lolpoint: OP

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Well at least they should stop intentionally scheduling everything just to **** with Op. What a bunch of mean aholes.

Philagape
10-27-2011, 11:16 AM
actually check that- it looks like Baltimore has the early game so the start time doesn't matter, but they're still not showing the Skins game late.

WTF?

Because CBS has the doubleheader this week.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Because CBS has the doubleheader this week.

why should only one channel get a doubleheader. If there are no local games on, both channels should get a doubleheader.

k-oneputt
10-27-2011, 11:20 AM
What happened to NFL Ticket ?

OpIv37
Well at least they should stop intentionally scheduling everything just to **** with Op. What a bunch of mean aholes.

you guys can try to personalize it if you want but it's about a lot more than just me.

Remember, Baltimore was without a team for almost 20 years so there are a lot of Redskins fans in this area. There are people who live 20 miles from the Redskins stadium that can't watch the game on local TV. That's ****ing stupid.

Pinkerton Security
im pumped i can watch the bills game here in albany, PLUS its a 4PM game so after a night of celebrating halloween in boston i wont need to rush back early! sorry Op

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2011, 11:22 AM
you guys can try to personalize it if you want but it's about a lot more than just me.

We did not personalize it.

You did.

mayotm
10-27-2011, 11:25 AM

**** the NFL and **** Ralph.Darn. Now you will miss the Redskins defensive dominance that you are predicting.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Darn. Now you will miss the Redskins defensive dominance that you are predicting.

yeah well that's the difference between me and a lot of you- I don't have to convince myself that the team is better than it is to keep watching. I'll watch no matter how bad I think they are or how little chance I think they have.

stuckincincy
10-27-2011, 11:37 AM

Don't feel bad. There's not been a BUF game shown in the CIN area for the last 4 years IIRC - the 2 possibilities here weren't local sell-outs.

The broadcasters and affiliates grind ratings and potential ad revenue down to the last penny. We did experience a schedule change last week - the local affiliate petitioned the CBS Lord to switch to OAK-KC because of local interest in Palmer's debut. It worked - I'm sure it greatly increased viewership.

Even with heavy bias for NFC East games we suffer with here, the BUF -NYG, PHI, games were not shown, and add the WAS tilt to that list. We will get BAL-AZ.

I was hopeful last season, what with BUF squaring off against the AFC North. But shut out again.

We are getting MIA-NYJ here, though. Well, I guess that's a break from the 16 or so GB and DAL games we usually get, season after season... :air:

Thurmal
10-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I hate that only the local game can be shown at one time.

I live in DC, and last week, I only had the option of watching Skins/Panthers on Fox, with no game on CBS. That sucked; I would've enjoyed the Jets/Chargers game.

stuckincincy
10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
yeah well that's the difference between me and a lot of you- I don't have to convince myself that the team is better than it is to keep watching. I'll watch no matter how bad I think they are or how little chance I think they have.

Aren't you worried that you are P.T. Barnum's (and Roger Goodell's) dream-come-true? :handball:

northernbillfan
10-27-2011, 12:07 PM
This is not just for Op:

All this *****ing about not being able to watch certain games at certain times in different areas of the country. I was screwed out of watching Bills games for most of life as I live in Canada. I grew up in the part of Canada that showed only Patriots, so I only got to see the Bills twice a year save for the odd prime time game.

Then they introduced this magical beast called Sunday Ticket. I haven't missed a Bills game since it's introduction to Canada. Best $150 I spend every year.

If you whine about the cost or other reasons to not get Sunday Ticket, unless it's not available at all, then don't whine about what games you can or can not get in your viewing area.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
This is not just for Op:

All this *****ing about not being able to watch certain games at certain times in different areas of the country. I was screwed out of watching Bills games for most of life as I live in Canada. I grew up in the part of Canada that showed only Patriots, so I only got to see the Bills twice a year save for the odd prime time game.

Then they introduced this magical beast called Sunday Ticket. I haven't missed a Bills game since it's introduction to Canada. Best $150 I spend every year.

If you whine about the cost or other reasons to not get Sunday Ticket, unless it's not available at all, then don't whine about what games you can or can not get in your viewing area.

Sunday Ticket costs $300 in the US. If you're a longtime customer you can usually complain and get it cheaper, but the advertised price is up to $300 a year.

Still, I'd gladly still be paying it if I could. I had it for about 8 years when I lived in VA, in two different locations.

I tried to get it when we moved here but there was no line of sight.

Skooby
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM

They have it over the phone lines where I live, so you do not need a dish or line of sight.

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Sunday Ticket costs $300 in the US. If you're a longtime customer you can usually complain and get it cheaper, but the advertised price is up to $300 a year.

Still, I'd gladly still be paying it if I could. I had it for about 8 years when I lived in VA, in two different locations.

you chose to move so deal with your situation.

stuckincincy
10-27-2011, 12:15 PM
This is not just for Op:

The NFL still hawks their "Rewind" thing on their site. IIRC, it's something like 30 bucks for the season - all games, all clubs.

Aside: I miss CFL football. ESPN broadcast a Grey Cup a few years ago, but that's it.

Go Cats!

stuckincincy
10-27-2011, 12:18 PM

FWIW, I have to admire you getting up off the mat to take more smacks...:drive:

mayotm
10-27-2011, 12:23 PM
yeah well that's the difference between me and a lot of you- I don't have to convince myself that the team is better than it is to keep watching. I'll watch no matter how bad I think they are or how little chance I think they have.Right. You are so much more enlightened than the rest of us.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
you chose to move so deal with your situation.

My wife couldn't get a better job in VA.

She got one in Baltimore. And dealt with an hour commute each way for a year before we moved.

The options were
1. Stay in VA and have her stuck in a dead-end job
2. Allow her to commute 60 miles each way every day, wasting her time and racking up gas purchases and miles on her car
3. Move

So, if you call that a "choice...."

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 12:33 PM
My wife couldn't get a better job in VA.

She got one in Baltimore. And dealt with an hour commute each way for a year before we moved.

The options were
1. Stay in VA and have her stuck in a dead-end job
2. Allow her to commute 60 miles each way every day, wasting her time and racking up gas purchases and miles on her car
3. Move

So, if you call that a "choice...."

it's still a choice.

you chose to live in a place with no line of sight. Deal with it.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 12:34 PM
They have it over the phone lines where I live, so you do not need a dish or line of sight.

I have never heard of this. Got a link or any information?

They offer it streaming over the PSN now and I have it, but the quality is so-so. It works smoothly with a low picture quality, or choppy with a good picture quality, so it's lose-lose.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Right. You are so much more enlightened than the rest of us.

Damn straight. About time you people started seeing it.

northernbillfan
10-27-2011, 12:41 PM

I tried to get it when we moved here but there was no line of sight.Ouch. That's one hell of a price. Time to Occupy the NFL. What is your one demand? That Sunday Ticket be available on all carriers.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 12:42 PM
it's still a choice.

you chose to live in a place with no line of sight. Deal with it.

because, obviously, I knew that the place had no line of sight when we rented it :rolleyes:

northernbillfan
10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Damn straight. About time you people started seeing it.I've never known you to stay down. And those weren't serious smacks. More like little jabs.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Ouch. That's one hell of a price. Time to Occupy the NFL. What is your one demand? That Sunday Ticket be available on all carriers.

Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd have DirecTV even if Sunday Ticket wasn't exclusive. They're cheaper, they offer a better channel selection, their remotes are simpler and more responsive, their on-screen menus and guides are more intuitive, etc.

The only thing better about cable is the OnDemand service. DirecTV offers one, but you have to have a cable box hooked up to the Internet (and they're not wireless) and you have to wait for your selection to download.

Skooby
10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I have never heard of this. Got a link or any information?

They offer it streaming over the PSN now and I have it, but the quality is so-so. It works smoothly with a low picture quality, or choppy with a good picture quality, so it's lose-lose.

I swear I had the same problem with the PS3, then I got advice from a friend's son who is a technology expert. I purchased a netgear N600 wireless router, it literally allowed my to watch to games perfectly. Even VUDU (which is a complete clip) affords me the highest video quality, based on the tests they forced me to take for speed quality. It's even on sale, so you can't miss:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+-+N600+Dual+Band+Wireless-N+Router+with+USB/1208844.p?id=1218234872989&skuId=1208844&st=netgear n&cp=1&lp=9

P.S. Everything is quicker on the router, even my new 4s knows no boundaries.

FlyingDutchman
10-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Um 90% of us predicted 6-7 wins TOPS...we have 4 wins already...sooooo...what exactly that we are "convincing ourselves" of? Will you get off your horse already? You're nowhere near as smart as you think you are, nor are you right a lot like you like to "convince yourself"

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Um 90% of us predicted 6-7 wins TOPS...we have 4 wins already...sooooo...what exactly that we are "convincing ourselves" of? Will you get off your horse already? You're nowhere near as smart as you think you are and its quite annoying coming from someone whos never played organized sports in his life

well that right there shows you don't know me nearly as well as you think you do.

FlyingDutchman
10-27-2011, 01:26 PM
well that right there shows you don't know me nearly as well as you think you do.

well I took that sentence out bc it was kinda a cheap shot... but apparently you dont remember telling me a while back you basically have played nothing...so if you want to count rec soccer as a little boy go ahead

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 01:30 PM
well I took that sentence out bc it was kinda a cheap shot... but apparently you dont remember telling me a while back you basically have played nothing...so if you want to count rec soccer as a little boy go ahead

so the first one was a cheap shot but that one wasn't?

I said I never played organized football, but I played organized baseball, roller hockey, and to a lesser extent, soccer and basketball.

BillyT92679
10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
No, the game was always scheduled for 4:05.

wmoz11
10-27-2011, 01:32 PM
For every OP that this schedule pisses off there is a wmoz11 that the new time accomodates.

And if you haven't figured out the double-header rule re: CBS and FOX after all these years, I don't know what to tell you.

madness
10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Both my neighbor and I can stream the Ticket on our PS3's with hardly any issues. He's on DSL and I'm on cable. Are hardwired or running wireless?

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
For every OP that this schedule pisses off there is a wmoz11 that the new time accomodates.

And if you haven't figured out the double-header rule re: CBS and FOX after all these years, I don't know what to tell you.

I had Sunday Ticket for 8 ****ing years so the double-header rule was irrelevant to me.

And I don't care about the time- in fact, I like 4 pm games better because 1 pm games break up the day too much. I just care that it's not on TV because of this ridiculous ****ing double-header rule.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Both my neighbor and I can stream the Ticket on our PS3's with hardly any issues. He's on DSL and I'm on cable. Are hardwired or running wireless?

wireless.

Router is on the 2nd fl, PS3 is in the basement.

There's no way to get a hard-wire all the way down there.

FlyingDutchman
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM
so the first one was a cheap shot but that one wasn't?

I said I never played organized football, but I played organized baseball, roller hockey, and to a lesser extent, soccer and basketball.

No, that was a little humor

True or false, none of those were at the high school level or beyond...and please dont lie so I dont have to go find the damn thread...way too busy today

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Op, just fork up $25 to XS sports and you can watch it on you laptop.

it's not HD but better than none. Being in Wisconsin I have to rely on XS for Bills games.

psubills62
10-27-2011, 01:47 PM

it's not HD but better than none. Being in Wisconsin I have to rely on XS for Bills games.
I was just going to ask why Op doesn't just use XS. It's not the best quality picture, but it's still the game and easily worth the couple bucks a month to be able to watch the Bills.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 01:47 PM

I'm hesitant.

I've used bootleg streams to watch things before and it's really dependent on network traffic. Regular season hockey games- where not that many people care- it tends to work well- until the game goes into OT and all the people watching the games that already ended decide to tune in. UFC- where there is a ton of interest- also hasn't worked particularly well for me.

With NFL games, there is always interest from Bills fans, fans of the opponent, people who want to watch their fantasy players, etc.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
His streaming quality got a lot better now, better hardware I think. I've been streaming from him without issues all season long. Worst case you're out 25 bucks. Not much to lose.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
And then we can all be spared from your *****ing.

psubills62
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm hesitant.

I've used bootleg streams to watch things before and it's really dependent on network traffic. Regular season hockey games- where not that many people care- it tends to work well- until the game goes into OT and all the people watching the games that already ended decide to tune in. UFC- where there is a ton of interest- also hasn't worked particularly well for me.

With NFL games, there is always interest from Bills fans, fans of the opponent, people who want to watch their fantasy players, etc.
I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't had a problem with his streams and our internet isn't the best quality. I also don't see that many people using his streams before, to be honest. You're much less likely to get crowds of people who watch their fantasy players or who watch because their game ended because he's a separate site and requires a small donation.

It's been more than worth it for me.

Skooby
10-27-2011, 02:00 PM
wireless.

Router is on the 2nd fl, PS3 is in the basement.

There's no way to get a hard-wire all the way down there. That N600 will get you a great signal anywhere in the house.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 02:14 PM
And then we can all be spared from your *****ing.

yeah, but let me guess: you need Paypay to donate.

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 02:16 PM
because, obviously, I knew that the place had no line of sight when we rented it :rolleyes:

thats your fault for not asking or finding out in the first place. Deal with it.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 02:20 PM
thats your fault for not asking or finding out in the first place. Deal with it.

dude, we spent every weekend for 2 months in Baltimore looking for a place to rent, and my wife went on her own to look at places before and after work as well. Checking into whether or not the place had DirecTV was not exactly a priority.

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 02:27 PM
dude, we spent every weekend for 2 months in Baltimore looking for a place to rent, and my wife went on her own to look at places before and after work as well. Checking into whether or not the place had DirecTV was not exactly a priority.
well there you go. It's not the NFl fault then that you didn't make them your priority. :D

FlyingDutchman
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Is this piss n moan thread Bills related?

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Is this piss n moan thread Bills related?

it was originally- it was about not being able to watch the game locally even though the stadium of the team we're playing is only about 40 miles from where I live.

Justa got me going- I shouldn't have fell for it.

Night Train
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Plenty of NFL ticket bars in every town.

Ickybaluky
10-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Get Game Rewind.

Best thing I ever did. Can't watch the games live, but can watch any games you want from any team when games aren't going on. Have to watch via the web, though.

Right now, it is $20 for the season. $35 for the season and playoffs.

LINK (www.nfl.com/gamerewind)

justasportsfan
10-27-2011, 03:04 PM

:bravo:

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Get Game Rewind.

Best thing I ever did. Can't watch the games live, but can watch any games you want from any team when games aren't going on. Have to watch via the web, though.

Right now, it is $20 for the season. $35 for the season and playoffs.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/gamerewind)
im assuming you cant watch the games until all games on cable are played on sunday? ie. like 730 at night or later?

mikemac2001
10-27-2011, 03:15 PM
When the schedule was released all games were at 1

Sucks they switched it but I'd rather have more time to recover in the am. Halloween. Weekend party. Central....

As for op is ur psn a direct connection or wireless....also if u had a router. Check the settings or contact ur internet provider for higher bandwith might cost 15-20 more for a few months but works

O BTW **** Toronto games

Ickybaluky
10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
im assuming you cant watch the games until all games on cable are played on sunday? ie. like 730 at night or later?

Yes, but you can watch all the games, including old ones going back to 2009. So if there is an old game you want to watch, you can watch it whenever you want, as long as there isn't a Live NFL game going on at that time. For any team.

When games are being broadcast it is blacked out. I think that is governed by the TV contract rules.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Fallen

You know you're a redneck when a foreign born Chinese guy corrects your Engrish.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Fallen

You know you're a redneck when a foreign born Chinese guy corrects your Engrish.

oh please- you're not really Asian- you had to ask white American guys what iOS5 is.

Skooby
10-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Bonsai Danielson.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2011, 10:00 PM
oh please- you're not really Asian- you had to ask white American guys what iOS5 is.
Of course I'm Asian. I bet my **** is smaller than y........wait a minute.....

Dozerdog
10-27-2011, 11:22 PM
You and Dora want to trek to Frederick and watch the game here?

Crisis
10-27-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm in Texas and I get the game again this week.

:lolpoint: op

On a sidenote I do pay XS, but the game being on locally means I can watch in HD. I love XS because I usually don't get Bills games and it's definitely worth it. Not to mention he does show Sabres games sometimes too, so that's a bonus

OpIv37
10-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Of course I'm Asian. I bet my **** is smaller than y........wait a minute.....

thanks for the offer but she's traveling this weekend and won't get home til early Sunday so she probably won't be up to it. I'll either go to a bar or go to R.Rich's because he has the Ticket.

Mr. Miyagi
10-28-2011, 09:38 AM
thanks for the offer but she's traveling this weekend and won't get home til early Sunday so she probably won't be up to it. I'll either go to a bar or go to R.Rich's because he has the Ticket.
So 4 pages of *****ing and moaning later you finally came to a solution all by yourself.

What happens when you have a real problem?

Skooby
10-28-2011, 09:43 AM
So 4 pages of *****ing and moaning later you finally came to a solution all by yourself.

What happens when you have a real problem?