PDA

View Full Version : Would you be ok with losing to Miami...

imbondz
10-27-2011, 05:35 PM
if them winning meant they would not get LUCK, BUT...we would miss the playoffs because of the loss?

If we beat them, they get Luck, but we get to the playoffs.

What if it came down to that what would you choose?

Cntrygal
10-27-2011, 05:40 PM
No.

Mudflap1
10-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since John Elway. How many Super Bowls did John Elway prevent the Bills from going to, specifically between 1990-1993? You can't base your fandom scared of one player. Luck is great, but it's a team sport.

mikemac2001
10-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Problem is the bills will lose not go to the playoffs and dolphins will still get luck

ServoBillieves
10-27-2011, 06:14 PM
I just have to ask.. are you SERIOUS? If the Bills make the playoffs, they've done what they needed to do to become true gamers. If they don't, then Nix and Co. have failed and aren't living up to their job. Let every other team beat the Fish, but if the Bills want to be a successful team NOW rather than this waiting bull****, then when we beat the crap out of the Dolphins that's 2 more wins towards a better record, meaning we need a minimum 3 more wins to make the promised land and barring the terrible injuries we've had recently can for once get us there.

BUFF Bills
10-27-2011, 06:32 PM
i'd take the win. another season without a playoff appearance will only put this coaching staff on the hot seat, and the pressure on next season... besides, luck cant stop our offense.

YardRat
10-27-2011, 06:36 PM
There is no acceptable excuse or rationale for losing to Miami. None. Ever.

BertSquirtgum
10-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Absolutely not. You must be :crazy: for you to even consider it OK to lose to the Dolphins and miss the playoffs. **** the Dolphins.

Go Bills. :fishfry:

Mr Bills
10-27-2011, 06:50 PM
What a ******ed question there is no one logical Bills, Jets, or Pats fan that would be ok to losing to Miami and costing them a playoff spot.

cgbm
10-27-2011, 06:56 PM
absolutely cannot lose to our rival on purpose, or want to....

how many of us counted this season a success as soon as we beat the pats...

here in the afc east, we are a rival stricken bunch and we determine our success not just by our record but how we beat eachother.

lets poach the fins and make the playoffs. and next year drain the luck and make the playoffs. and in the process get a sb sometime soon.

paranoid
10-27-2011, 08:38 PM
What? Luck is now a boogey man that crappy teams get to scare other teams with?

Hell no.

imbondz
10-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I think it's a hilarious question

Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since John Elway. How many Super Bowls did John Elway prevent the Bills from going to, specifically between 1990-1993? You can't base your fandom scared of one player. Luck is great, but it's a team sport.

excellent point

better days
10-27-2011, 10:03 PM
I love me some FISH FRY. Beat Miami without Luck this year & if the Fins do get Luck, beat them with Luck for the next decade.

Dozerdog
10-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Get to the playoffs this year, break Luck's legs next year

Extremebillsfan247
10-28-2011, 12:14 AM
if them winning meant they would not get LUCK, BUT...we would miss the playoffs because of the loss?

What if it came down to that what would you choose? Let them have Luck. If it means the Bills getting to the postseason, its a fair trade in my opinion. There are no guarantees that the Bills would get very far in a post season with this current team. However, Miami getting Luck doesn't guarantee instant success for them either.

clumping platelets
10-28-2011, 01:06 AM
:no:

If Luck ends up in Miami, it's just more reason to continue investing in the defense

TMu11
10-28-2011, 05:55 AM
I really hope Luck is a monumental bust so I can come on here and laugh at some of your retarted posts

thenry20
10-28-2011, 05:56 AM

What if it came down to that what would you choose?

Wow not even close bud!

I want my team to win I don't give a crud what other teams do or say. Do you really think 1 player is going to turn them around? Have you been paying attention to our shortcomings?

Figster
10-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Once Andrew Luck hits the NFL he will become a force to be reckoned with regardless of where he goes in my opinion. So it stands to reason If you want to win a Championship you will have to go through Luck. Playing Luck and Brady twice a season while in one respect might be very tough and hard to overcome, they also have to play each other twice a season which could help play to our advantage. In another respect it may help shape the Buffalo Bills into a Championship caliber football team.

Squish the Fish!!!

RedEyE
10-28-2011, 07:06 AM
You can't worry about what other teams long term plans are.

Win each and every game, especially against division foes.

Part of the game is the game planning. If the Dolphins get Luck and he becomes effective than the Bills coaching staff will work out a game plan to defend him NEXT YEAR. If if if if if if if

BTW, this year the Bills beat: TOM BRADY (check) - MIKE VICK (CHECK)

What does Luck have on either these two guys at this stage of his career?

Skooby
10-28-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm not buying this Luck hype, many things between here & now can happen. I'd enjoy the Bills winning season thus far & where we might go instead of thinking about much more.

Ginger Vitis
10-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Could never bring myself to consciously wish the Bills lose to the Dolphins..

ddaryl
10-28-2011, 07:27 AM
the saying used to be "Suck for Luck"

now it's "Suck so Miami doesn't get Luck"

too funny

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2011, 07:33 AM
I vote for beat Phins, bet on the Colts to lose every game, and still make the playoffs.

justasportsfan
10-28-2011, 08:36 AM
NO! Some people here were hoping we would lose out last year so we'd have the no.1 pick. We didn't and yet we ended up with Dareus who I am happy with. Never hope to lose to anyone and let everything else fall in place.

trapezeus
10-28-2011, 09:02 AM
i hope that we beat the fins twice, they draft luck, and luck refuses and plays his last year at stanford. Then the bills magically (or fitzmagically) end up with luck as their back up.

tampabay25690
10-28-2011, 03:18 PM
NO

TigerJ
10-28-2011, 05:33 PM
No. I'd be OK knowing God is still God and Jesus rose from the dead, but I would not be happy with the Bills losing to Miami under any circumstances.

Mike13
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd just like to let you all know that your fear sustains me.

better days
10-29-2011, 09:12 AM
I'd just like to let you all know that your fear sustains me.

Understandable. A person NEEDS to have hope. As has been said, the Bills owned Miami with Marino at QB & Shula as HC. I'm not worried about Luck & Cowher or Gruden.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2011, 11:46 AM
losing to Miami would make yordad's... er... i mean better days day. especially if it were Lossman who was the winning QB.

Novacane
10-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Did you watch last weeks game? Miami will do whatever is needed to assure they lose out for Luck.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Hell no. Indianapolis getting Luck, after they already got Manning, would be far worse for the league than Miami getting Luck. As for Miami, let 'em suck this year, we'll deal with Stanford Boy Andy later. (Oh, yeah, Stanford, the same school that gave us Captain Checkdown...)

Figster
10-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Hell no. Indianapolis getting Luck, after they already got Manning, would be far worse for the league than Miami getting Luck. As for Miami, let 'em suck this year, we'll deal with Stanford Boy Andy later. (Oh, yeah, Stanford, the same school that gave us Captain Checkdown...)

Andrew Luck is no Captain Checkdown,

After watching Luck play clutch football into triple over time last night, talk about elite QB's, Mercy!!!

better days
10-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Andrew Luck is no Captain Checkdown,

After watching Luck play clutch football into triple over time last night, talk about elite QB's, Mercy!!!

Well, if he did not throw that pick 6, he would not have had to do that.

I said before the Bills owned Marino & Shula, I'm not worried about facing Luck when Brady is still a Pat*, that is the QB & team I worry about facing.

Cowher said today he will not coach next year. I guess that leaves Gruden.