X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Buddy Nix on Toronto Radio

The one thing all my friends in Toronto agree are that the Bills seemed to make a conscious effort in raising the team visibility. Every week so far there are players in public events in Toronto. Buddy/Gailey does not give interviews that often in Buffalo, but you can hear one of them regularly in Toronto.
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

Re: Buddy Nix on Toronto Radio

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...27_170300_7400

The one thing all my friends in Toronto agree are that the Bills seemed to make a conscious effort in raising the team visibility. Every week so far there are players in public events in Toronto. Buddy/Gailey does not give interviews that often in Buffalo, but you can hear one of them regularly in Toronto.
    How often is Buddy on WEDG? I've heard him a couple of times.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Loving the accent.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

someone mind summarizing that listed to the interview?
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          someone mind summarizing that listed to the interview?
          Would have liked to take care of some of the contract extensions before the season started, but because of the lockout there just wasn't much time.
          If they didn't feel like Fitzpatrick was a long term qb they would have drafted a qb. He grew on them. He was a leader last year, the tough times brought them together. He's got all the tangibles you want in a qb. He's got a good enough arm and a quick release. He works well with Chan Gailey.

Fitz took advantage of the opportunity he was given after Edwards was released. His performance surprised them, but he ran with it. They always liked his abilities though.

You have to have a philosophy you believe in and not waver from it. Guys have to produce or you need to move on. He felt like they gave Maybin a lot of opportunities, but he didn't work out and they moved on. They didn't want to get rid of other guys to hang onto Maybin. He just didn't think Maybin would ever get any better with the Bills.

Thinks Lee Evans is a great guy, he pulls for him, but they had a lot of young receivers and they felt like Evans was taking reps from the guys they were trying to build with.

They read the quote from George Wilson about Toronto. He thinks we need Toronto and need their support and fan base. He thinks we just have to play better and make more big plays to build support in Toronto.

Comment

• thenry20
            • Jan 2004

I think it's totally stupid to play a home game away from the Ralph and heck yes in another country altogether!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Maybe the Toronto series helps us avoid a London game, I hope.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                Loving the accent.
                What accent are you talking about?
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

They don't have to work on building support from Toronto. Toronto fans, for the most part, take everything they have in that city for granted. from the Jays to the Leafs to the Argos.

Even though 1/3 of the season ticket holders are Canadian, many of them are not from Toronto. The real Canadian Bills fans are from the Niagara peninsula.

Why should they be catering to a city that is three hours away? As a Canadian I feel that the Bills should not play outside of the Ralph nor try to sway fans in a city that is hot and cold when it comes to supporting teams no matter the league.
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
                    • May 2005

Bottom Line...they need to to keep the Bills in Buffalo. They make a crap-ton of $ off of that series. It sucks and the games suck, but for a small market team to last, it has to work. It's working....5 years ago, the Buffalo was named in a list of teams viable to move. Now, you never see their name on the list. The NFL and other possible owners notice that the Bills are making money and adding to the revenue in this league.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

But it failed in Toronto. Rogers is losing molney on this deal. Ticket sales were stagnant in the last two games. Like I said earlier about Torontonians, they don't know a good thing when they see it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                        But it failed in Toronto. Rogers is losing molney on this deal. Ticket sales were stagnant in the last two games. Like I said earlier about Torontonians, they don't know a good thing when they see it.
                        it was failing because we sucked.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
                          • May 2005

Rogers is losing money...we're not. If we win a few games and showcase a winning team, it will. This year's game is a perfect example

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills&sabresmvf
                            Rogers is losing money...we're not.
                            exactly. The team makes 9.75 million per game and it supposedly increased ticket sales from canadians.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                              They don't have to work on building support from Toronto. Toronto fans, for the most part, take everything they have in that city for granted. from the Jays to the Leafs to the Argos.

Even though 1/3 of the season ticket holders are Canadian, many of them are not from Toronto. The real Canadian Bills fans are from the Niagara peninsula.

Why should they be catering to a city that is three hours away? As a Canadian I feel that the Bills should not play outside of the Ralph nor try to sway fans in a city that is hot and cold when it comes to supporting teams no matter the league.
                              I would bet very few fans come to Buffalo for games from Toronto. Like you said, I would bet most are from the Niagara penisula.

Comment

Working...
                              X