PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix on Toronto Radio

ghz in pittsburgh
10-27-2011, 06:49 PM
http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?content=20111027_170300_7400

The one thing all my friends in Toronto agree are that the Bills seemed to make a conscious effort in raising the team visibility. Every week so far there are players in public events in Toronto. Buddy/Gailey does not give interviews that often in Buffalo, but you can hear one of them regularly in Toronto.

PromoTheRobot
10-27-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?content=20111027_170300_7400

The one thing all my friends in Toronto agree are that the Bills seemed to make a conscious effort in raising the team visibility. Every week so far there are players in public events in Toronto. Buddy/Gailey does not give interviews that often in Buffalo, but you can hear one of them regularly in Toronto.

How often is Buddy on WEDG? I've heard him a couple of times.

PTR

Oaf
10-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Loving the accent.

Tatonka
10-27-2011, 11:35 PM
someone mind summarizing that listed to the interview?

Ed
10-27-2011, 11:56 PM
someone mind summarizing that listed to the interview?
Would have liked to take care of some of the contract extensions before the season started, but because of the lockout there just wasn't much time.
If they didn't feel like Fitzpatrick was a long term qb they would have drafted a qb. He grew on them. He was a leader last year, the tough times brought them together. He's got all the tangibles you want in a qb. He's got a good enough arm and a quick release. He works well with Chan Gailey.

Fitz took advantage of the opportunity he was given after Edwards was released. His performance surprised them, but he ran with it. They always liked his abilities though.

You have to have a philosophy you believe in and not waver from it. Guys have to produce or you need to move on. He felt like they gave Maybin a lot of opportunities, but he didn't work out and they moved on. They didn't want to get rid of other guys to hang onto Maybin. He just didn't think Maybin would ever get any better with the Bills.

Thinks Lee Evans is a great guy, he pulls for him, but they had a lot of young receivers and they felt like Evans was taking reps from the guys they were trying to build with.

They read the quote from George Wilson about Toronto. He thinks we need Toronto and need their support and fan base. He thinks we just have to play better and make more big plays to build support in Toronto.

thenry20
10-28-2011, 05:58 AM
I think it's totally stupid to play a home game away from the Ralph and heck yes in another country altogether!!!

Skooby
10-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Maybe the Toronto series helps us avoid a London game, I hope.

northernbillfan
10-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Loving the accent.What accent are you talking about?

northernbillfan
10-28-2011, 08:18 AM
They don't have to work on building support from Toronto. Toronto fans, for the most part, take everything they have in that city for granted. from the Jays to the Leafs to the Argos.

Even though 1/3 of the season ticket holders are Canadian, many of them are not from Toronto. The real Canadian Bills fans are from the Niagara peninsula.

Why should they be catering to a city that is three hours away? As a Canadian I feel that the Bills should not play outside of the Ralph nor try to sway fans in a city that is hot and cold when it comes to supporting teams no matter the league.

bills&sabresmvf
10-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Bottom Line...they need to to keep the Bills in Buffalo. They make a crap-ton of $ off of that series. It sucks and the games suck, but for a small market team to last, it has to work. It's working....5 years ago, the Buffalo was named in a list of teams viable to move. Now, you never see their name on the list. The NFL and other possible owners notice that the Bills are making money and adding to the revenue in this league.

northernbillfan
10-28-2011, 08:37 AM
But it failed in Toronto. Rogers is losing molney on this deal. Ticket sales were stagnant in the last two games. Like I said earlier about Torontonians, they don't know a good thing when they see it.

justasportsfan
10-28-2011, 08:46 AM
But it failed in Toronto. Rogers is losing molney on this deal. Ticket sales were stagnant in the last two games. Like I said earlier about Torontonians, they don't know a good thing when they see it.
it was failing because we sucked.

bills&sabresmvf
10-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Rogers is losing money...we're not. If we win a few games and showcase a winning team, it will. This year's game is a perfect example

justasportsfan
10-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Rogers is losing money...we're not.
exactly. The team makes 9.75 million per game and it supposedly increased ticket sales from canadians.

better days
10-28-2011, 08:50 AM
They don't have to work on building support from Toronto. Toronto fans, for the most part, take everything they have in that city for granted. from the Jays to the Leafs to the Argos.

Even though 1/3 of the season ticket holders are Canadian, many of them are not from Toronto. The real Canadian Bills fans are from the Niagara peninsula.

Why should they be catering to a city that is three hours away? As a Canadian I feel that the Bills should not play outside of the Ralph nor try to sway fans in a city that is hot and cold when it comes to supporting teams no matter the league.

I would bet very few fans come to Buffalo for games from Toronto. Like you said, I would bet most are from the Niagara penisula.

TigerJ
10-28-2011, 08:57 AM
What accent are you talking about?

He's talking aboot your canadian accent.

OpIv37
10-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Bottom Line...they need to to keep the Bills in Buffalo. They make a crap-ton of $ off of that series. It sucks and the games suck, but for a small market team to last, it has to work. It's working....5 years ago, the Buffalo was named in a list of teams viable to move. Now, you never see their name on the list. The NFL and other possible owners notice that the Bills are making money and adding to the revenue in this league.

The Bills didn't fall off the list of potential moving teams because of Toronto.

They fell off the list when they started winning this year.

Winning is what keeps teams where they are- not selling home games to other cities.

trapezeus
10-28-2011, 08:59 AM
the structure is odd. regardless of the bills talent, a die hard toronto fan likes the atmosphere at the ralph and the huge discount on the ticket. even with travel included, they come out ahead in an enjoyable environment.

in tornoto they pay out their nose for no tailgate, and a domed stadium.

the only way it works in toronto is to have all the games there. and no one wants that. you can't sell the same product for $250 per ticket average and $45 per ticket average and expect people to jump on the $250. the only way is if the rlaph is sold out becaues the team is so good. and even then, it's a steep price to pay. you could have crappy seats in the endzone for season ticket money.

PromoTheRobot
10-28-2011, 09:07 AM
it was failing because we sucked.

Toronto fans are expected to pay ripoff prices for *****ty football, on a team they are borrowing. That's a recipe for failure.

PTR

Oaf
10-28-2011, 09:13 AM
He's talking aboot your canadian accent.
Nix's Alabamian. Like something I'd hear out of a Fritz Freling cartoon. :chuckle:

Ed
10-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't like losing a game at the Ralph either, but I think playing games outside of the U.S. is only going to increase for all teams in the future. At this point it's the only way the league can really increase their popularity and continue to grow. I think one of the main reasons the league wants to expand to an 18 game season is so that each team can host an international game and not give up games at home. I don't think it will be long before we start seeing annual games in Mexico, Asia, or wherever.

Saratoga Slim
10-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Maybe the Toronto series helps us avoid a London game, I hope.

And Los Angeles games.....

ddaryl
10-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I am against the Toronto series under any scenario.... If they were die hard Bills fans in Toronto I would feel different, but they are not and they never will be