• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Don't be hard on Fitz

If he has an off week, I don't want to see many of us givinghim the gears and second guessing the contract.

The Bills are playing one of the toughest passing defenses in the league who allow 218 passing yards per game. Washington's run D is pretty tight as well averaging 117 YPG.

Please remain calm if Fitzpatrick doesn't "shine" in tomorrow's game.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Don't be hard on Fitz

nice try, but you can bet the farm if the Bills play horrible and Fitz has an off game there will be dozens of threads proclaiming the Bills FO as incompetent and Fitz as being another Bills blunder

Comment

• dog14787
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      If he has an off week, I don't want to see many of us givinghim the gears and second guessing the contract.

The Bills are playing one of the toughest passing defenses in the league who allow 218 passing yards per game. Washington's run D is pretty tight as well averaging 117 YPG.

Fitz may have been trying to do to much in my opinion. Now that his future is set long term, maybe Fitzpatrick will settle down and play smarter football.

You hear QB described as gunslingers from time to time, Brett Favre always comes to mind for me, well Chan Gailey is a gunslinging HC/ QB guru.

Fitzpatrick needs to temper the gunslinger in both of them (just a little)

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

The 3 minute attention span of todays society equates to extreme opinions without any semblence of rational thought.

Win = "we're great and should win 14 games, minimum ! " ( even though I said we sucked all spring & summer, predicting 2 wins )

Loss = " We suck. Told you, but no one worshiped my posting ! "

Middle ground, be damned.

I think we all know the exact post game threads, regardless of the outcome. You can set a clock to it.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• dog14787
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Night Train
          The 3 minute attention span of todays society equates to extreme opinions without any semblence of rational thought.

Win = "we're great and should win 14 games, minimum ! " ( even though I said we sucked all spring & summer, predicting 2 wins )

I think we all know the exact post game threads, regardless of the outcome. You can set a clock to it.
          I only speak for myself, but I for one believe each and every Sunday the Buffalo Bills are going to win the game, regardless of the opponent. Its been a long long time since I've felt this way. Thanks Coach

The only team the Bills have faced so far with a losing record is Mike Vick and the Dream team Eagles. The Bills have also played three 4-2 teams, one 5-1 team, and one 3-3 team in the Chiefs.

Bills can beat anyone! Middle ground be damned!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

We need the win, no excuses.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
              We need the win, no excuses.
              Um, I didn't say anything about the outcome. The Bills should win the game.

I was talking about Fitzpatrick's preformance in said game.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

We Bills fans are a fickle bunch.

When they brought over Fitz, everyone was doubting the move saying it was a waste. I remember going to the Cincy stats right after they signed him and found some positives in his stats that were ripped to shreds by many on the boards here. Now he's our franchise QB.

Chan was panned big time. Again I grabbed the two years with Dallas as a positive and that he may bring us some luck, despite his record in KC. Now he's saviour Chan.

Originally posted by dog14787
                I only speak for myself, but I for one believe each and every Sunday the Buffalo Bills are going to win the game, regardless of the opponent. Its been a long long time since I've felt this way. Thanks Coach

The only team the Bills have faced so far with a losing record is Mike Vick and the Dream team Eagles. The Bills have also played three 4-2 teams, one 5-1 team, and one 3-3 team in the Chiefs.

Bills can beat anyone! Middle ground be damned!!!
                I too think the Bills can and should win every game. I am a forever optimist.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I know the Skins D is tough but this Bills O should put some points up on them anyway.

Edwards had two weeks to prepare for this game against a struggling Skins offense. I expect a better defensive outing from this team today. I hope some serious adjustments have been made to the pass rush. It will be very embarrassing if the Bills let Beck move the ball effortlessly.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Um, I didn't say anything about the outcome. The Bills should win the game.

I was talking about Fitzpatrick's preformance in said game.
                    I think we'll be fine all around, the players see the money that the Bills are willing to pay is there, I think it'll motivate FJ / Stevie.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      nice try, but you can bet the farm if the Bills play horrible and Fitz has another off game there will be dozens of threads proclaiming the Bills FO as incompetent and Fitz as being another Bills blunder
                      I've already claimed that. On the bold....

I fixed it for you. another bad game would mean he's played below average for the past four weeks.
                      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-29-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                        • Apr 2005

I thought he was getting paid to shine every game...... I EXPEcT him to be up for every game , no excuses . He's earning millions to beat the good defenses as well as the the crap defenses. If he's going to be the answer as a starting Qb . then he's got to prove it Every week.
                        Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 10-29-2011, 12:08 PM.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                          • Apr 2005

IF he has an off game....would that make 2 in a row? He himself admitted he was "off" against the giants. I like Fitz.... but I won't let off the hook for crap play..same as any other guy in the Bills org.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

we'll just blame Canada if he has a bad game.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              we'll just blame Canada if he has a bad game.
                              Like you always want you... Should I bring my crayons to draw him a map?

And hey, how's it going Sab? Long time no see.

Comment

Working...
                              X