PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys cut Choice

jimbohastle51
10-29-2011, 01:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/29/cowboys-cut-tashard-choice/

i think you can almost guarantee that he gets a long hard look from the Bills as Gailey was his coach through college and Modkins was his position coach and recruiter through college. he would be a very solid back up to jackson and could run at gunner on special teams which would make it easy to let go of the never used ruvell martin.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11359/tashard-choice

Skooby
10-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Hmmm, this might work assuming CJ stays a WR.

YardRat
10-29-2011, 02:00 PM
He's not getting much love from Cowboy fans who apparently from the comments look at this as a 'good riddance' move.

jimbohastle51
10-29-2011, 02:07 PM
He's not getting much love from Cowboy fans who apparently from the comments look at this as a 'good riddance' move.

they are enamored with Demarco Murray right now their rookie RB. Choice is not a starting back but he is a between tackles runner who is more familiar with our coach and offensive coordinator than anyone on our team currently besides nesbitt. i am willing to say he would excel more in this system more than spiller has so far. if jackson god forbid went down spiller could not fill in for him any most levels, choice has a similar running style (by no means am i saying he is on jacksons level). he could be a solid RB on our team where we really do not have a lot of depth behind jackson.

better days
10-29-2011, 02:27 PM
they are enamored with Demarco Murray right now their rookie RB. Choice is not a starting back but he is a between tackles runner who is more familiar with our coach and offensive coordinator than anyone on our team currently besides nesbitt. i am willing to say he would excel more in this system more than spiller has so far. if jackson god forbid went down spiller could not fill in for him any most levels, choice has a similar running style (by no means am i saying he is on jacksons level). he could be a solid RB on our team where we really do not have a lot of depth behind jackson.

I think special teams would be the key factor. Martin plays well on speciall teams.

RoscoeMagic
10-29-2011, 02:31 PM
That's gotta be because of a) Murray's emergence b) Felix Jones c) he asked for Mike Vick's autograph after the Cowboys lost to the Eagles last year.

I do think we stick with Johnny White as our 3rd RB/ST player. We did draft him after all. Spiller at WR is not a permanent move with Jones coming back in a couple weeks.

Having said that, I would neither be surprised nor disappointed if the team signed Choice. But I don't think they will, we'll stick with White. :hi5:

YardRat
10-29-2011, 04:20 PM

Looks like it's more of a fumbling issue...

He’ll be fumbling for someone else in no time.

Choice has been a bum over the last two seasons, with huge fumbles against Washington last year and New England this year. Great move.

Another guy, like Buehler-the highly unaccurate kicker, who thinks they contribute, but actually set the team back. Choice – 2 fumbles, 2 weeks in a row, including vs the Pats that led to a score and, of course, the terrible play before half vs the Skins last year (horrible play call too) that dictated their bad season. He is a big mouth liability, glad he is gone.

John Beck handing off to Tashard Choice could produce 8 fumbles a game. Go get him, Skins.

Can’t stay healthy. Can’t run. Can’t hold onto the football. Easy decision.

Why didn’t this article mention his fumble average per game with less than ten touches per game?

You’re not going to get many chances when you consistently fumble every time you get a chance.

fumblelitis is a hard thing to cure

Good riddens to that fumbling, autograph seeking idiot.

The last thing we need is a guy that puts the ball on the ground.

YardRat
10-29-2011, 04:23 PM
I think special teams would be the key factor. Martin plays well on speciall teams.

Still haven't seen it...and I've been paying attention.

jimbohastle51
10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Looks like it's more of a fumbling issue...

He’ll be fumbling for someone else in no time.

Choice has been a bum over the last two seasons, with huge fumbles against Washington last year and New England this year. Great move.

Another guy, like Buehler-the highly unaccurate kicker, who thinks they contribute, but actually set the team back. Choice – 2 fumbles, 2 weeks in a row, including vs the Pats that led to a score and, of course, the terrible play before half vs the Skins last year (horrible play call too) that dictated their bad season. He is a big mouth liability, glad he is gone.

John Beck handing off to Tashard Choice could produce 8 fumbles a game. Go get him, Skins.

Can’t stay healthy. Can’t run. Can’t hold onto the football. Easy decision.

Why didn’t this article mention his fumble average per game with less than ten touches per game?

You’re not going to get many chances when you consistently fumble every time you get a chance.

fumblelitis is a hard thing to cure

Good riddens to that fumbling, autograph seeking idiot.

The last thing we need is a guy that puts the ball on the ground.

he has only lost 3 fumbles in 4 seasons. 2 this year and 1 receiving fumble last season. that doesn't constitute a fumbling problem. as for 2 fumbles this season and a little decline in his yards per carry average that could be fixed by a change of scenery. he has been getting more limited attempts this season compared to years past. the emergence of Murray could easily of been forcing him to try to do too much when he got his carries and thus putting the ball on the ground. still at 26 based on his first 3 years and 6 games i would definitely say the kid is more than worth a pro rated deal for the rest of this season to see what he has under the coach that had him playing as one of the top running backs in the nation for a few seasons. if we didnt sign him i wouldn't really care but if we did, to look at it any way other than adding a young good player to a already good offense would be unwise.

better days
10-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Still haven't seen it...and I've been paying attention.

Maybe you took a bathroom break. LOL. I have seen him make some nice plays on special teams, NOTHING at WR however.