X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

old style "Buffalo Bill "

I thought the older guys would get a blast from the past and you younger guys would get a laugh at these old Bills program covers and art.
    These pics (and more ) were found on a f/b group called "War Memorial Stadium .
    enjoy! no it's not my group ( just a member. )
    click to enlarge

old bills1.jpg

old bills 2.jpg

old bills 3.jpg
    Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 10-29-2011, 04:52 PM.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: old style "Buffalo Bill "

I can remember going to the OLD War Memorial Stadium as a young boy & seeing some men carry in Kegs of beer while others carried in a case of bottled beer on each shoulder. Peanut venders outside the stadium would sell a large bag of HOT peanuts for .25c, Times have changed.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by better days
      I can remember going to the OLD War Memorial Stadium as a young boy & seeing some men carry in Kegs of beer while others carried in a case of bottled beer on each shoulder. Peanut venders outside the stadium would sell a large bag of HOT peanuts for .25c, Times have changed.
      I grew up on the west side and can remember walking to the stadium and back home. Best st. wasn't the safest of neighborhoods but when your 13 your either to brave or to stupid to care .. I remember more then one game getting stuck behind one of those steel support beams.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• warsawbassman
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
        I grew up on the west side and can remember walking to the stadium and back home. Best st. wasn't the safest of neighborhoods but when your 13 your either to brave or to stupid to care .. I remember more then one game getting stuck behind one of those steel support beams.
        Ughhhh..............those steel posts!! I am too young to have seen any games at the Rockpile, but I sat behind one of those damn things at Cleveland Municiple Stadium a couple times, the 89' Ronnie Harmon drop playoff game, the 90' regular season 42-0 game, and the 95' monday nighter.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by warsawbassman
          Ughhhh..............those steel posts!! I am too young to have seen any games at the Rockpile, but I sat behind one of those damn things at Cleveland Municiple Stadium a couple times, the 89' Ronnie Harmon drop playoff game, the 90' regular season 42-0 game, and the 95' monday nighter.
          I never sat behind a post at the War Memorial we were always down near the field. I did sit behind one in the old Cleveland Stadium & the old stadium in Detroit. That Stadium was the WORST & the worst seat I ever had. I had to straddle that post, it was about 4" from my seat.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
            • Sep 2003

Only went to one game at the Rockpile: 1969 season opener vs the Jets, right after they won SB-III. Jets won that game 32-19 I think. Jack Kemp was Bills QB. I was 11 then and I remember the mad rush to the end zone for every FG and XP. They didn't use nets back then so everyone wanted a free football.

PTR
            10 Commandments of the D
            1. Never stop Rocking.
            2. Legalize all drugs.
            3. Quit your day job.
            4. All Religion should be taxed.
            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
            6. F**k her gently.
            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

WOW I'm young... I have only ever been to the Ralph, and my first game I remember was 1998. Love the nostalgia, though, and thanks for showin it. I may be young but I have a lot of knowledge and a lot of love/pride for this team and it's fans.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I was obstructed from view at War Memorial on more than one occasion too, sitting on the 3B side watching the Bisons.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

A couple of memories stand out. My Holland Central High School Marching Band performed there at halftime in '61 or '62 for a Bills-Boston Patriots game. It was great. And in the late '60s, just after college, a buddy and I took our dads to a game there.

I really enjoyed the Rockpile.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X