PDA

View Full Version : Bills next star to get paid

BillsOwnAll
10-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Jason lacaforna tweeted "updates comingn soon on bills next star getting paid"

Take it how you want

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2011, 09:26 AM
It damn well better be Garrison Sanborn or else I will riot.

Joe Fo Sho
10-30-2011, 09:29 AM
That sounds a hell of a lot better than those past tidbits of info...'Updates coming soon about the next Bills star to hit free agency.'

better days
10-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Stevie, get er done Buddy.

DBrown77
10-30-2011, 10:03 AM
I bet they give a nice extension to Freddy and wait on Stevie since they can use the Franchise tag if they have to.

clumping platelets
10-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Lindell and Pears per PFT

YardRat
10-30-2011, 10:08 AM
What a dumbass.

Lacanfora throwing out the line, with no specifics, to perpetuate the perception that he he has inside info.

No ****. Fitz is signed, Freddie or Stevie is going to be next in line. Tell us something we don't know, douchebag.

casdhf
10-30-2011, 10:09 AM
is Bell a RFA?

YardRat
10-30-2011, 10:11 AM
If the next signing is an extension for Bell, Pears or Lindell it just reinforces how clueless Lacanfora is, because none of them certainly qualify as 'stars'.

ddaryl
10-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Steve is probably next..... Jackson will probably be done this offseason since he has multiple years left on his contract

X-Era
10-30-2011, 10:46 AM
If the next signing is an extension for Bell, Pears or Lindell it just reinforces how clueless Lacanfora is, because none of them certainly qualify as 'stars'.
It will not shock me if the Bills let Bell leave in favor of Hairston at LT. I know not everyone is a fan but I could easily see it.

Skooby
10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
The upped the salary of the peanut vendor that dances to that "tequila" song, stop the presses.

hemi13
10-30-2011, 11:12 AM

Got my riot gear ready if this doesn't happen man!

PromoTheRobot
10-30-2011, 12:03 PM
It was a plug for his show Gameday Morning. So did anyone watch to find out which Bills star is getting paid next?

PTR

Buddo
10-30-2011, 12:23 PM

Yup, just gotta make sure Fitz's stunt double is taken care of, now the man himself is paid. ;)

better days
10-30-2011, 02:08 PM
It will not shock me if the Bills let Bell leave in favor of Hairston at LT. I know not everyone is a fan but I could easily see it.

I think the Bills make Bell a fair offer. He may not accept it & I do not want to see the Bills over pay for him.

jimbohastle51
10-30-2011, 06:30 PM

i dont think johnson is next only because of the amount of money this deal will be for and the escalators it will entail. i am sure there will be discussions but his deal will be tricky (probably something like what sidney rice got in seattle).

Pears IS A PRIORITY!!! he is playing at a pro bowl level and is going to be way to expensive if he hit free agency. stevie we will franchise if we absolutely had to but Pears is do able and he is a must!

Bell is probably gone after this year. Hairston is the future at LT and Chan and Buddy will probably give him the inside track on the job after the season. and he is locked up for 4 seasons at a reasonable price which is HUGE for the LT position. Bell is a luxury with Pears, and Johnson still out there to be done first when we have a young capable LT in the stable.

Lexwhat
10-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Pears IS A PRIORITY!!! he is playing at a pro bowl level and is going to be way to expensive if he hit free agency.

??

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Jackson 100% needs to be paid before Stevie. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind who deserves the pay raise first. They wanted to lock Fitz up before in case he has a pro-bowl year and they got him at a reasonable price. Now, they need to rework freddie's contract.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Jackson 100% needs to be paid before Stevie. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind who deserves the pay raise first. They wanted to lock Fitz up before in case he has a pro-bowl year and they got him at a reasonable price. Now, they need to rework freddie's contract.
Johnson is a UFA after the season.

Jackson is not.

Johnson and then Jackson.

that being said, just do both at the same damn time.

YardRat
10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Johnson may be looking for numbers bigger than, or at least similar to, what Fitzy just got. I would bet his agent isn't unaware of the contracts the team did for Moulds and Evans when they were re-upped.

jimbohastle51
10-30-2011, 07:16 PM
??

IMO Pears is playing at a pro bowl level. if you watch some of his snaps against pass rushers he is playing lights out. at 29 if he makes it through this season healthy he is going to be inline for a tyson clabo payday (another 30 year old RT that was a FA this past off season). when Pears was done in JAX and needed a fresh start to prove he was over some nagging injuries the Bills gave him that chance and he has excelled. if we lock him up during the season it will be a much more team friendly deal than if he posts 16 healthy starts and possibly a pro bowl appearance.

jimbohastle51
10-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Johnson may be looking for numbers bigger than, or at least similar to, what Fitzy just got. I would bet his agent isn't unaware of the contracts the team did for Moulds and Evans when they were re-upped.

i am sure your right. Stevie is going to get a boatload of guaranteed money and it is smarter to get it done now than to wait till he has posted another 1000 yard 8-10 TD season. the reason i am in agreement with the rumor of Pears and Lindell getting extended first is because their deals will be more team friendly if completed during the season and no where near the amount of money that Stevie is going to receive.

thenry20
10-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Jason lacaforna tweeted "updates comingn soon on bills next star getting paid"

Take it how you want

It should be Stevie J but I saw a quick post on the NBC pregame show stating that he wasn't next in line. Take that with a grain of salt.

He is in his final year of this rookie contract and common sense dictates that this should be h s turn.

Fred shouldn't be extended yet but I do believe his contract needs to be redone and escalator clauses added in for performance.

I hope we keep Nelson too but I have no idea when his contract expires.

thenry20
10-30-2011, 07:48 PM

You miss the point of this discussion. Of course Fred deserves a raise! But we need to re-sign Steve now before he puts up numbers where his contract expectations blow up.

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2011, 08:45 PM
You miss the point of this discussion. Of course Fred deserves a raise! But we need to re-sign Steve now before he puts up numbers where his contract expectations blow up.

Why? The Bills can use the franchise tag on him. They have no one else to use it on.

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Why? The Bills can use the franchise tag on him. They have no one else to use it on.
And pay him over 11 million next year? No thanks.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2011, 10:47 PM
just do both at the same damn time.

Thats what she said

kingJofNYC
10-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Sign Levitre to extension now before the price sky rockets, same with Wood, these two are stalwarts up front.

mrbojanglezs
10-30-2011, 11:01 PM

why do you care? if they have the room they can pay him whatever

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2011, 11:04 PM

franchise tag is the average of the top 5 wr. you sure that turns out to be 11 million?

thenry20
10-31-2011, 04:35 AM

1. Because of his youth and the perception that he's only going to get better. He's cheaper now and another 1000 yard season means a much larger contract.

2. The FT is usually reserved for veterans who you think are on the downside of their careers and you don't want to make the long term investment on an unsure commodity.

3. Fred is still under contract. His age is also prohibitive because of the position he plays. I am aware he hasn't taken his fair share of hits in this league but he's been playing pro ball for awhile now even tho it hasn't been in the NFL. I'd rather the team just redo his deal with bonuses put in for past performance and escalators for future success. Besides if he continues to tear it up, someone somewhere will offer him another contract.

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Lindell and Pears per PFT

Chris Brown on the pregame show yesterday predicted it would be Pears...gee, he only works for the team.

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 09:42 AM
franchise tag is the average of the top 5 wr. you sure that turns out to be 11 million?

Franchise tag for WR:
As per wiki - $9.5 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag

As per article on Vincent Jackson signing: "Agent Neil Schwartz said Tuesday that Jackson will earn nearly $11 million this year."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/07/26/chargers-wr-vincent-jackson-to-sign-franchise-tag-friday/

Take your pick - do you really want to pay SJ $10 mil a year? The bar is set by Fitz. SJ is not getting more than Fitz.

clumping platelets
10-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Chris Brown on the pregame show yesterday predicted it would be Pears...gee, he only works for the team.

I did not listen to the pre-game show :blahblah:

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
I did not listen to the pre-game show :blahblah:

where did I say you did...I was saying that he said the same thing and since he directly works for the Bills that he might have some inside info...in others I was supporting what you were saying...:rolleyes: