PDA

View Full Version : I just gotta rant...

elltrain22
10-30-2011, 12:16 PM
First off, I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a totally legit NFL starting QB. He's not perfect, but he can spin the ball, and gets it out quick. He's a dynamic leader, never, ever gives up, and has the ability to perform well under pressure (most of the time). He's given, us as fans, hope for the next 3-4 years. Yeah, it was 6 years, and alot of money, but the guy is good, and thats the market.

Point here is, Joe Buscaglia, ESPN (some), and anyone else who downs us for this signing, need to wake the **** up!!

Thats all...

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2011, 12:40 PM
The Bills had no other option. They can't draft someone and have them come in and play better than Fitz. It was a necessary signing on the Bills' part. I still think Bills fans overrate him.

YardRat
10-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I think he came in a little cheaper than he could have. 10 mil per is about right, but it wouldn't have surprised me if it ended up being closer to 12.

sdbillsfan2
10-30-2011, 01:29 PM
First off, I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a totally legit NFL starting QB. He's not perfect, but he can spin the ball, and gets it out quick. He's a dynamic leader, never, ever gives up, and has the ability to perform well under pressure (most of the time). He's given, us as fans, hope for the next 3-4 years. Yeah, it was 6 years, and alot of money, but the guy is good, and thats the market.

Point here is, Joe Buscaglia, ESPN (some), and anyone else who downs us for this signing, need to wake the **** up!!

Thats all...

Maybe you should change that to :

Point here is, Joe Buscaglia, ESPN (some), and anyone else who downs us for this signing, need to SHUT the **** up!!

Skooby
10-30-2011, 01:31 PM
If we win, it was brilliant.

northernbillfan
10-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Thats all...:bf1: Well said!

northernbillfan
10-30-2011, 01:35 PM
If we win, it was brilliant.What? It's only brilliant if the Bills win this game? That's wrong.

Skooby
10-30-2011, 01:37 PM
What? It's only brilliant if the Bills win this game? That's wrong.

Winning makes teams look brilliant, where did I say a specific event had to occur besides winning?

better days
10-30-2011, 01:44 PM
The Bills had no other option. They can't draft someone and have them come in and play better than Fitz. It was a necessary signing on the Bills' part. I still think Bills fans overrate him.

I think the vast majority of Bills fans have Fitz rated just right. He is not great, but he is good enough to win with.

northernbillfan
10-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Winning makes teams look brilliant, where did I say a specific event had to occur besides winning?Sorry, you made it seem like you were talking about today's game.

Skooby
10-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Sorry, you made it seem like you were talking about today's game.

No problems, I can see how it could be taken that way. I usually write more clearly but there was this party last night....

elltrain22
10-30-2011, 04:11 PM
I think the vast majority of Bills fans have Fitz rated just right. He is not great, but he is good enough to win with.

so when he passes for 4000 yards, and 30 tds this season, what will people say about that??

mush69
10-30-2011, 04:18 PM
so when he passes for 4000 yards, and 30 tds this season, what will people say about that??

If the rest of the team buys into that we have a case. If not they will hang him!

elltrain22
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM
If the rest of the team buys into that we have a case. If not they will hang him!

buys into?? We run 4-5 wr sets 75% of the time, he's gonna get his numbers.

mayotm
10-30-2011, 05:54 PM
The Bills had no other option. They can't draft someone and have them come in and play better than Fitz. It was a necessary signing on the Bills' part. I still think Bills fans overrate him.You do? This is the first thread you've mentioned it.

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2011, 05:56 PM
You do? This is the first thread you've mentioned it.

i will keep mentioning it until Fitz wears a super bowl ring while he's on the Bills. Do you want me to send you a box of kleenex?

mayotm
10-30-2011, 06:03 PM
i will keep mentioning it until Fitz wears a super bowl ring while he's on the Bills. Do you want me to send you a box of kleenex?Box of kleenex? Is that the best you can do? Pathetic!

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2011, 06:04 PM
I have three idiots that always cry about my posts. if you don't ****ing like it. put me on ignore.

mayotm
10-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I have three idiots that always cry about my posts. if you don't ****ing like it. put me on ignore.Pathetic!

thenry20
10-30-2011, 08:53 PM

That none of those passes were 30+ yards in the air. And thus should NOT count! :;:

ublinkwescore
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM

if fitz can win with this inconsistent D, imagine what he can do with a middle of the pack D to bottom 1st quarter d?

better days
10-30-2011, 10:14 PM
I have three idiots that always cry about my posts. if you don't ****ing like it. put me on ignore.

I can't see any straight male putting you on ignore with that avatar myself.

TigerJ
10-30-2011, 10:29 PM
I've said elsewhere, that I don't mind the money. After all It's not mine. I'm a little concerned about the length of the contract. I understand that the Bills needed to make a decision on Fitz. They either needed to be ready to cut bait after the season, or sign him to a long term deal. There probably wasn't an option between those two, and Fitz's play overall this year suggested the long term deal was probably the right way to go. That said, this is the kind of deal that would normally make or break a GM's tenure with the team. If all of a sudden teams were able to adjust to what Fitz does and Fitz was not able to counter the adjustment, the Bills would be financially locked into a struggling QB for a long time. The Bills's situation is somewhat unique because Nix is in his 70s. Let's face it, he's not going to have that long a career as Buffalo's GM. I give him five or six years at most, and Doug Whaley, the heir apparent will probably be dealing with Fitz, good or bad, in the back end years of his contract. Let me make it clear, there is every chance Fitzpatrick is going to be fine, and the Bills have made the right choice, but if not. . .