PDA

View Full Version : Dareus

BILLSROCK1212
10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Is he better off at NT or was the Redskins' O-line really really bad? Or both? If Dareus belongs at NT then does Kyle move outside? Lot of questions, but I am wondering what everyone else thinks.

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2011, 05:54 PM
better off at nose tackle. kyle williams should be a defensive end when healthy.

YardRat
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
The Redskins o-line is terrible right now, and showed it.

better days
10-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Good question, I guess we will get some answers next week.

Buddo
10-30-2011, 07:11 PM
ATM, Dareus at NT seems like a good move. If Troup can become healthy, then he can possibly be moved back outside.
Williams is not going to be able to see too much action, even when he does come back this season, assuming he does.
TBH, I'd like to see what Dareus can do against Mangold, as if he can give him a hard time, we will have much better chances against the Jest - not that I don't believe we can win anyway, but I'd like to see how much he has progressed, and Mangold is a serious test of that.

Buddo
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
FWIW, I thought Dareus was an absolute monster today.

Raptor
10-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Inside, outside, who cares... he's a beast wherever he plays. Best first rounder in YEARS

thenry20
10-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Is he better off at NT or was the Redskins' O-line really really bad? Or both? If Dareus belongs at NT then does Kyle move outside? Lot of questions, but I am wondering what everyone else thinks.

I can't say for sure but he played the nose some in college. He was primarily a 4-3 DT tho.

IMO both he and Williams should be playing solely as DT's and we shouldn't even employ the 3-4 untill we acquire a bonifide NT.

I'm sorry but Dareus is not a DE in this league if you've got any brains. He'll be the first to tell you that off the record.

thenry20
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Inside, outside, who cares... he's a beast wherever he plays. Best first rounder in YEARS

Not true. If he played DT primarily I think he'd put up some very eye popping numbers.

thenry20
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Not true. If he played DT primarily I think he'd put up some very eye popping numbers.

I've seen all the games and I can't remember one where he just abused the guy across from him when he played end. And I don't mean sacks at all just pressure. Continuous pressure.

Mr Bills
10-30-2011, 07:37 PM
We will find out next week, with the best C Nick Mangold going up against him.

Mike
10-30-2011, 08:26 PM

Its Pretty Obvious. Once again the Bills are trying to fit a square peg into a round whole. In our front 7 we are weak at LB & DE however our strength is DT, so what are we playing a 3-4 we don't have the personnel for.

Instead, we should play a 4-3, have one less LB, and instantly our LBers improve, have Williams and Darius in the middle and our 2 best rushers at DE. Its very simple, we will dominate vs the run, have decent pressure from single covered DEs and good pressure from DTs up the middle where its most lethal.

Mike
10-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Of course this is all a moot point as Williams is injured....

OpIv37
10-30-2011, 08:38 PM
The Redskins' OL had two injuries so it's difficult to draw any conclusions from this game. But with the success that Dareus had today, it's worth trying him at NT against other teams, especially if Williams can't recover from his injury this season.

Dareus is more the prototypical 3-4 NT than Williams anyway.

Skooby
10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
The Redskins' OL had two injuries so it's difficult to draw any conclusions from this game. But with the success that Dareus had today, it's worth trying him at NT against other teams, especially if Williams can't recover from his injury this season.

Dareus is more the prototypical 3-4 NT than Williams anyway.

Just get Kyle well & stick him next to Dareus, don't change anything after a 9 sack performance.

Night Train
10-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Dareus was a destroyer at NT with 2.5 sacks and dominating most every play. The entire Front 7 seemed to excel off his efforts. Spencer Johnson, Dwan Edwards, Moats etc. all looked good.

Kyle Williams can take as long as he wants to mend.

jamze132
10-31-2011, 06:55 AM
Dareus should never be moved from DT, I think he is most successful there.

Mahdi
10-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Not sure why everyone is saying that Dareus was at NT. From what I understand and saw, Heard was at NT and Dareus was still at DE.

Even before the game Heard was said to be the guy to take over at NT for Kyle.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Heard was at NT a lot of downs. I couldnt tell where Dareus was lined up, because he was in the backfield almost every play. I thought he was playing FB for Washington.