PDA

View Full Version : Crow eating thread

OpIv37
10-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I thought Kerrigan and Orakpo were going to eat our makeshift OL alive, and I was right... for exactly one play. After that, our OL held their own.

And I thought we had no pass rush, even with Washington's banged-up OL. But we got 9 sacks. And we only had 4 on the entire season going into the game.

So, rather than dig up the threads where I was wrong, I'll just take my punishment here.

Oh well, it happens once or twice a decade.

The last buffalo fan
10-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Man up!!! :up:

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2011, 07:59 PM
FWIW, it has happened twice this season.

Just sayin'

Captain Obvious
10-30-2011, 08:00 PM

Oh please..you've been wrong many times the last 4 months..

paranoid
10-30-2011, 08:02 PM
You weren't the only one with concerns about our injured O-line and our pass rush. Well done.

OpIv37
10-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh please..you've been wrong many times the last 4 months..
just twice by Lecter's count.

but anyway, I was wrong on two major points about this game so go ahead and say what you will. No excuses from me- I misjudged it.

Philagape
10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
What was that word again? Oh yeah, presumptuous. :D

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM

but anyway, I was wrong on two major points about this game so go ahead and say what you will. No excuses from me- I misjudged it.
Three major points.

You said the whole team would play terrible because it was in Toronto and that a game in TO was a death sentence.

OpIv37
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Three major points.

You said the whole team would play terrible because it was in Toronto and that a game in TO was a death sentence.

Yes, I said that.

Hence, the point of this thread.

Cntrygal
10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
PROPS TO OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Skooby
10-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Man up!!! :up:

Si Mi Amigo.

Skooby
10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I thought Kerrigan and Orakpo were going to eat our makeshift OL alive, and I was right... for exactly one play. After that, our OL held their own.

And I thought we had no pass rush, even with Washington's banged-up OL. But we got 9 sacks. And we only had 4 on the entire season going into the game.

So, rather than dig up the threads where I was wrong, I'll just take my punishment here.

Optimism is a difficult trait in these tough times. A very classy move by you here to make this thread, bravo.

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2011, 08:43 PM

Wow. That's really big of you to do this. Just for that, I only have one thing to say:

SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:up:

Johnny Bugmenot
10-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Kerrigan and Orapko were generating some pressure, they were pushing the O-line back quite a bit. However, Fitz was, for the most part, able to get the ball out of his hands just in time.

madness
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
If it looks like **** and smells like ****, then it's easy to say you've been right for calling it **** for the past decade. Why would anybody be proud about that?

Meathead
10-31-2011, 01:26 AM
is it wrong that id like to shove that crow so far up your ass that you will taste russell and sheryl?

YardRat
10-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Levitre played much better than I expected. He is our most valuable offensive lineman, by far.

I'm still not impressed with our pass rush or the coaches on the defensive side of the ball, for the following reasons...

-It was one game
-It was John Beck
-We only had 4 sacks in the first six games, this one is an anomaly
-There aren't many teams, as a matter of fact this might be the only one, where we can man-up and just outplay and out physical the opponents o-line.

Every sack was the result of just flat-out straight upfield rushing and kicking the ass of the guy(s) in front of you, except for the last two where it appeared the team actually had some games going on in the trenches to get guys free to rush the QB. Admittedly iy was encouraging to see some stunts and tricks at the end, but they need to be implemented more frequently throughout the games if we're expecting to get any kind of consistent pressure.

methos4ever
10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Levitre played much better than I expected. He is our most valuable offensive lineman, by far.

I'm still not impressed with our pass rush or the coaches on the defensive side of the ball, for the following reasons...

-It was one game
-It was John Beck
-We only had 4 sacks in the first six games, this one is an anomaly
-There aren't many teams, as a matter of fact this might be the only one, where we can man-up and just outplay and out physical the opponents o-line.

Every sack was the result of just flat-out straight upfield rushing and kicking the ass of the guy(s) in front of you, except for the last two where it appeared the team actually had some games going on in the trenches to get guys free to rush the QB. Admittedly iy was encouraging to see some stunts and tricks at the end, but they need to be implemented more frequently throughout the games if we're expecting to get any kind of consistent pressure.
That's the whole point tho Yard - if those guys cannot win against the guy in front of them, those stunts or blitzes outside of dogs (5 man rushes) wouldn't work anyway. Heck, towards the end they sent 3 or 4 and still got in. I know you're not the biggest fan of Edwards and I'm fine agreeing to disagree, but read this article and everything he's done is what he learned under Saban, especially a few of those picks out there the last few weeks:

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2008/08/coaching-preview-alabamas-nick-saban-vs.html

“[Our] philosophy on first and second down is to stop the run and play good zone pass defense. We will occasionally play man-to-man and blitz in this situation. On third down, we will primarily play man-to-man and mix-in some zone and blitzes. We will rush four or more players versus the pass about ninety-percent of the time.

“In all situations, we will defend the inside or middle of the field first – defend inside to outside. Against the run, we will not allow the ball to be run inside. We want to force the ball outside. Against the pass, we will not allow the ball to be thrown deep down the middle or inside. We want to force the ball to be thrown short and/or outside.

“… Finally, our job is to take the ball away from the opponents’ offense and score or set up good field position for our offense. We must knock the ball loose, force mistakes, and cause turnovers. Turnovers and making big plays win games. We will be alert and aggressive and take advantage of every opportunity to come up with the ball . . . . The trademark of our defense will be effort, toughness, and no mental mistakes regarding score or situation in any game.”

In fact, that site has a few of the coverages and blitzes we used yesterday:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1PiTuBhELbU/SLH6nCwCAMI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/xECVPqpNZ3I/s320/sabanzone.gif

That's a variant of the safety blitz that Byrd got the sack on

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1PiTuBhELbU/SLH63aveslI/AAAAAAAAAKY/e4kiqDHkpcw/s320/patternread.gif
Here's the play that got Leo the Pick vs the Pats, and we went with more of a robber look with this base coverage when George undercut for the pick yesterday.

Hopefully, you and some of the others that malign coach Edwards will give him a chance going forward, but if not, we can agree that we want the Bills to win!

DraftBoy
10-31-2011, 07:11 AM
I was concerned about the pressure as well.

justasportsfan
10-31-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm not buying this thread at all. Wait til' we lose another game before OP starts ranting again.

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm not buying this thread at all. Wait til' we lose another game before OP starts ranting again.

I never said I was done ranting or that everything was perfect with the team.

But, I was wrong about a couple of specific things, so, for now, I have to take what's coming to me.

Mahdi
10-31-2011, 09:27 AM
I'll eat a little crow because Moats looked real good yesterday.

If he can follow that up with some consistency we might have something at ROLB.

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 09:33 AM
I never said I was done ranting or that everything was perfect with the team.

But, I was wrong about a couple of specific things, so, for now, I have to take what's coming to me.

I can respect you for eating crow. I cannot respect that you think you are so right about things.

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
I can respect you for eating crow. I cannot respect that you think you are so right about things.

I don't think I'm right.

I know I'm right.

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't think I'm right.

I know I'm right.

wrong....again.

justasportsfan
10-31-2011, 10:01 AM

I don't think I'm right.

I know I'm right.

Thats why this thread sucks. You're not eating crow, you're gloating for something you were wrong about.

23-0
5-2
OL is playing better than you whined about.

Even when you're wrong you think you're right. Not buying into your FALSE humility in this thread.
Everyone that thanked you for your initial post should remove it.

HAMMER
10-31-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't get why so many of you care what Op thinks, it's a little weird.

Spiderweb
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM

Nice job of manning up. Yet I can't help but feel your selling yourself a bit short. You've been wrong and a negative Nancy far more often than you give yourself credit for.

Figster
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
is it wrong that id like to shove that crow so far up your ass that you will taste russell and sheryl?

hehe, I thank you, because thats just to funny:laughing:(nothing personal OP)

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice job of manning up. Yet I can't help but feel your selling yourself a bit short. You've been wrong and a negative Nancy far more often than you give yourself credit for.

Negative, no. Realistic. It's not my fault that reality has sucked for this team for the last decade.

Wrong, no.

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Op's track record is well above .500, regardless of the abuse the sunshiners give him

Beebe's Kid
10-31-2011, 03:59 PM
I still have my receipt for reading this thread, can I get the 2.5 minutes of my life back.

I think the Hammer nailed it...pause...The fact that so many people care what Op thinks is a little weird. Just think of the most negative thing you can about the Bills, then take that scenario, call it realism, lather, rinse repeat.

There are plenty of people like that here, there, and everywhere. There have been a ton of things that we've all been wrong about, I can't believe that we aren't all excited that it is Halloween, and we are in first ****ing place. Yowza!

mush69
10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
I with ya BB Kid!

Op I have long considered myself the most realistic fan of this team for years, I just don't post it for all to read and gripe about. Catch me in the Bar and you'll find out. that being said your post most often give me a warm feeling that I'm not the only one.

Yes I too am shocked about the game yesterday, and the fact that we got 9 sacks is just confusing as all hell for me. Our o-line though I have not ripped this year, because I do billieve that we have a great core in Wood and Levitre.

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 05:46 PM
d. Just think of the most negative thing you can about the Bills, then take that scenario, call it realism, lather, rinse repeat.

If I say that the team sucks, and the team proceeds to suck on the field, as has happened for the last 9 years up until the last 2 months, then it's not negativity. It's realism.

mysticsoto
10-31-2011, 06:18 PM
If I say that the team sucks, and the team proceeds to suck on the field, as has happened for the last 9 years up until the last 2 months, then it's not negativity. It's realism.

Yeah, it's okay for you to speculate negatively, but when a poster posts a thread on a speculation about beating the Patriots and going to the playoffs...you go nuts...

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, it's okay for you to speculate negatively, but when a poster posts a thread on a speculation about beating the Patriots and going to the playoffs...you go nuts...

yup, because their logic is flawed and they're wrong.... or at least they have been up until this year. The results speak for themselves, with this season still up in the air.

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2011, 07:14 PM
You're not a real fan...only lemmings are real fans

FlyingDutchman
10-31-2011, 08:13 PM
yup, because their logic is flawed and they're wrong.... or at least they have been up until this year. The results speak for themselves, with this season still up in the air.

every piece of your logic was wrong about the Patriots and Redskins game, what does that say about you...anyone can make general talking points about why a team whos sucked for ten years should continue to do it...bc the odds are they will continue to suck and everytime you come waiving the the flag like you brought us some ground breaking prediction...Youre not bringing us anything we dont know and dont grumble about already most of time, we just dont choose to obsess about it. You have deep issues of hate for the FO and owner and that comes out in everything you predict. Its kinda weird. Your problem isnt your predictions, hell I agree with you more than you know, its your arrogance towards other people as some highly enlightened football guru as we sit here in fantasy land playing with ourselves

YardRat
10-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I with ya BB Kid!

Op I have long considered myself the most realistic fan of this team for years, I just don't post it for all to read and gripe about. Catch me in the Bar and you'll find out. that being said your post most often give me a warm feeling that I'm not the only one.

Yes I too am shocked about the game yesterday, and the fact that we got 9 sacks is just confusing as all hell for me. Our o-line though I have not ripped this year, because I do billieve that we have a great core in Wood and Levitre.

Whoa...TMI dude, waaay TMI.

mysticsoto
10-31-2011, 09:15 PM

We have a different FO and different coach. We've been trying to tell you that for some time now but you refuse to listen. Now that we are playing relatively well and show we have a decent team, you post these phony crow eating threads. You're not eating any crow. You're still high and mighty about yourself...even when you're wrong and it's been shown...

And as to flawed logic? It doesn't get any more warped than the flawed logic you used to both applaud and condemn/criticize the front office for letting Poz go. Even though Barnett has been shown to be an order of magnitude better for our type of defense...

OpIv37
11-01-2011, 12:12 AM
every piece of your logic was wrong about the Patriots and Redskins game, what does that say about you...anyone can make general talking points about why a team whos sucked for ten years should continue to do it...bc the odds are they will continue to suck and everytime you come waiving the the flag like you brought us some ground breaking prediction...Youre not bringing us anything we dont know and dont grumble about already most of time, we just dont choose to obsess about it. You have deep issues of hate for the FO and owner and that comes out in everything you predict. Its kinda weird. Your problem isnt your predictions, hell I agree with you more than you know, its your arrogance towards other people as some highly enlightened football guru as we sit here in fantasy land playing with ourselves

Two games I was wrong about vs dozens- maybe hundreds- that I was right about.

I never claimed that my predictions were ground-breaking. In fact- I thought just the opposite. I was surprised that I was taking so much heat because I thought that anyone with a lick of common sense would agree with me. And I turned out to be right far more often than not. The only reason I took heat was because people didn't want to hear what I was saying.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I was wrong about two very specific points about this game and I'm willing to eat crow for that. So go ahead and bring it. Everything else is off topic for this thread.

OpIv37
11-01-2011, 12:15 AM
We have a different FO and different coach. We've been trying to tell you that for some time now but you refuse to listen. Now that we are playing relatively well and show we have a decent team, you post these phony crow eating threads. You're not eating any crow. You're still high and mighty about yourself...even when you're wrong and it's been shown...

And as to flawed logic? It doesn't get any more warped than the flawed logic you used to both applaud and condemn/criticize the front office for letting Poz go. Even though Barnett has been shown to be an order of magnitude better for our type of defense...

Ugh, see my previous post.

I'm trying to man up and eat crow for the specific things that I was wrong about in regards to this game. It's already gone off topic far more than it should have.

FlyingDutchman
11-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Two games I was wrong about vs dozens- maybe hundreds- that I was right about.

wow man...you just dont get it...you have some bizarre obsession and complex with the need to feel like youre right...I guess you skipped over the part of me saying we've sucked for ten years so hard is it to predict this crap. You act like youre important enough to pay attention to what you actually predict. Like im sitting here running down my OP prediction list. Nobody cares if youre right. Can you comprehend that? Let that sink in. Nobody cares when you think youre right. Nobody cares what you predict. Comprende? Youre not important. Your arrogance towards people as treating them as clueless idiots is just beyond annoying, and thats the only reason people pay attention you. Trust me, its not for your vast football knowledge

OpIv37
11-01-2011, 08:01 AM
wow man...you just dont get it...you have some bizarre obsession and complex with the need to feel like youre right...I guess you skipped over the part of me saying we've sucked for ten years so hard is it to predict this crap. You act like youre important enough to pay attention to what you actually predict. Like im sitting here running down my OP prediction list. Nobody cares if youre right. Can you comprehend that? Let that sink in. Nobody cares when you think youre right. Nobody cares what you predict. Comprende? Youre not important. Your arrogance towards people as treating them as clueless idiots is just beyond annoying, and thats the only reason people pay attention you. Trust me, its not for your vast football knowledge

lmao- you say you don't care but you hunt down my posts and respond relentlessly. That doesn't sound like the action of someone who doesn't care.

and saying that people pay attention to me because I'm annoying is both illogical and incorrect. People avoid things that annoy them, they don't seek them out.

Luisito23
11-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I know I don't care.

FlyingDutchman
11-01-2011, 08:11 AM
lmao- you say you don't care but you hunt down my posts and respond relentlessly. That doesn't sound like the action of someone who doesn't care.

and saying that people pay attention to me because I'm annoying is both illogical and incorrect. People avoid things that annoy them, they don't seek them out.

Hear what you want again you egocentric freak, your annoying/arrogant ways are the only reason I, or other people battle with you. Believe that. Nobody give a crap about you and what you say. You constantly challenge their OPINION, thats why people seek you out and battle you. You have zero respect for peoples opinions and go off in weird rants about why your prediction carries more value bc logic this..facts that....blah blah blah. Thats why we laugh our butts off when you fall on your face. Open your freaking eyes

OpIv37
11-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Hear what you want again you egocentric freak, your annoying/arrogant ways are the only reason I, or other people battle with you. Thats why we laugh our butts off when you fall on your face. Open your freaking eyes

Whatever the reason, you and a handful of others battle with me relentlessly. Those are not the actions of people who don't care, as you claimed before. It's irrelevant if you like me or hate me or laugh at me or whatever- you're wrong when you say you don't care because you obviously care enough to keep responding.

FlyingDutchman
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Whatever the reason, you and a handful of others battle with me relentlessly. Those are not the actions of people who don't care, as you claimed before. It's irrelevant if you like me or hate me or laugh at me or whatever- you're wrong when you say you don't care because you obviously care enough to keep responding.

Its a message board OP, someone says something to me, im going to respond. Im calling you a moron and saying nobody cares and youre still trying to be right, trying to tell me I value your predictions. I dont know if thats egocentric or just desperation on your part. Just give up before you embarrass youreself even more

OpIv37
11-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Its a message board OP, someone says something to me, im going to respond. Im calling you a moron and saying nobody cares and youre still trying to be right, trying to tell me I value your predictions. I dont know if thats egocentric or just desperation on your part. Just give up before you embarrass youreself even more

I never said you valued them.

I said you cared about them.

You call me a moron but you are the one struggling with this very simple distinction.

And saying you're responding because it's a message board is a cop-out, because you don't respond to anyone else on this board as much as you respond to me.

If you think I'm a moron and I'm egocentric and I'm desperate and I embarrass myself, fine. But stop and think about why you're so obsessed with pointing those things out to me.

Figster
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Debating something even If it turns into more of an argument can be very appealing to some people. Myself personally, I love a good debate/argument If you can keep it fairly civilized. Its a way to let off a little steam and get rid of some of that pent of frustration that goes with every day life. Proving a point feels good, sometimes proving someone wrong feels even better. Folks may not want to admit it ,but some do seek out good arguing companions, people that seem to always be on the opposite side of the argument and that just urks them, so they can argue some more.(and they like it) Myself personally, I flip flop a lot and I know it drives some people crazy. To me, its a what have you done for me lately world so my opinion is constantly evolving, changing. I'm also very stubborn and like to argue. If everyone always agreed the world would be a boring place.

So argue on my fellow posters :duel:

justasportsfan
11-01-2011, 09:21 AM
yup, because their logic is flawed and they're wrong....

The bills cant win in Toronto therefore they wont win vs. redskins. Talk about flawed logic and being WRONG! Look who got PWNED!

Bill Cody
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
And saying you're responding because it's a message board is a cop-out, because you don't respond to anyone else on this board as much as you respond to me.

:laughing:

You do have 60k posts and 59k of them are annoying so odds are good you'll get what you want which is attention.

FlyingDutchman
11-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I never said you valued them.

I said you cared about them.

You call me a moron but you are the one struggling with this very simple distinction.

If you think I'm a moron and I'm egocentric and I'm desperate and I embarrass myself, fine. But stop and think about why you're so obsessed with pointing those things out to me.

no, once again youre struggling with understanding the only reason people respond to you is bc your arrogant ways, and the way you always challenge peoples opinions and tell them theyre wrong for thinking the way they do. Continue to hear what you want to hear though. Your egocentric inflated view of yourself is still trying to convince me I care...wow comprehension is definitely not a strong quality for you

justasportsfan
11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
OP is a legend in his own mind

Spiderweb
11-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Negative, no. Realistic. It's not my fault that reality has sucked for this team for the last decade.

Wrong, no.

"Matter of opinion there", is all I'm saying. Yet again, great op. Even when your wrong (in this fan's eyes at least), you do elicit debate. Manning up shows character as well. Now onto the Jets and lets beat them bastages....