PDA

View Full Version : My quick take

T-Long
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I honestly don't remember the last time we shut a team out. Yes, the Redskins had plenty of injuries, but no one is going to feel sorry for them. All 32 teams are dealing with injuries. Quick thoughts:

Fitzpatrick is the perfect QB for this team.

Fred Jackson needs an extension immediately.

Pears and Lindell need locked up for 4 years at the minimum.

Arthur Moats needs to stay in the lineup at OLB for good.

Marcell Dareus is a stud.

George Wilson is the NFL defensive player of the year so far this season.

That's all I got. Pretty happy with the win and can't wait for next week!

Skooby
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
I honestly don't remember the last time we shut a team out. Yes, the Redskins had plenty of injuries, but no one is going to feel sorry for them. All 32 teams are dealing with injuries. Quick thoughts:

Right on all fronts.

jlgarsh
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Amen on all points.

imbondz
10-30-2011, 09:37 PM
except we shut out the Chiefs in week 1

T-Long
10-30-2011, 09:37 PM
except we shut out the Chiefs in week 1
No, they scored a TD

BILLSROCK1212
10-30-2011, 09:40 PM
If only Fitzpatrick and our D were both consistent.

unpaid_bills
10-30-2011, 10:00 PM
agree with all -- except Willson player of the year, Pro-Bowl for sure not Def player of the year.

Gailey deserves to mentioned as coach of the year. Turned a small-market franchise around the right way, took a bunch of misfits no-names who nobody wanted to a co-lead in the AFC East with the Pats

Billsfan3
10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
last shutout was 06 vs the dolphins

TigerJ
10-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Good observations all.

B-DON
10-31-2011, 12:54 AM

I think Jared Allen is the clear defensive MVP so far with Ware in 2nd. I love Wilson but Allen is on pace for the sack record and Ware is very close behind him. I Like Lindell but not sure I'd give him four years otherwise you're right on with everything else

THRILLHO
10-31-2011, 01:12 AM
agree with all -- except Willson player of the year, Pro-Bowl for sure not Def player of the year.

Gailey deserves to mentioned as coach of the year. Turned a small-market franchise around the right way, took a bunch of misfits no-names who nobody wanted to a co-lead in the AFC East with the Pats

Coach of the year is Harbaugh in San Fran. No one saw that coming at all.

Crisis
10-31-2011, 01:26 AM
I think Jared Allen is the clear defensive MVP so far with ware in 2nd. I love Wilson but Allen is on pace for the sack record and ware is very close behind him. I
Like Lindell but not sure I'd give him four years otherwise you're right on with everything else

Revis has been better than Wilson as well.

B-DON
10-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Revis has been better than Wilson as well.
I was gonna say revis too. Lol. Thanks

thenry20
10-31-2011, 03:38 AM
I don't think we give up over 400 yards/game defensively if we just move to the 4-3 permanently. I love KW but he's not a NT in the true sense of the position. Now that he's got competent help beside him he'd put up better numbers with Marcel at his hip.

Heck, they'd both make the PB if we did this. I have nothing against the 3-4 but unless and until you get a true NT in there it's not going to work.

T-Long
10-31-2011, 08:47 PM
I would also like to add that Andy Levitre is the man. The guy can move from LG to LT and not miss a beat. Great to have a guy like that on your team in case an injury to your LT happens and you got a guy that can slide right over there.

better days
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM

I would add that Chan Gailey is the perfect HC for this team & Buddy Nix is the perfect GM for this team.

Neither of them would have a job on any team other than the Bills. They are unwanted cast offs like many of the players on this team.

I heard on a Skins podcast that Shanahan makes $7 Mill/year. Thank God Ralph is cheap. LOL.

psubills62
11-02-2011, 01:25 PM
I think Jared Allen is the clear defensive MVP so far with Ware in 2nd. I love Wilson but Allen is on pace for the sack record and Ware is very close behind him. I Like Lindell but not sure I'd give him four years otherwise you're right on with everything else
Ware is actually on a better pace. He's 0.5 sacks behind Allen, but in fewer games (Ware had his bye week, Allen has his now).

At this point I'd say Revis is the top candidate for DMVP.

B-DON
11-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Ware is actually on a better pace. He's 0.5 sacks behind Allen, but in fewer games (Ware had his bye week, Allen has his now).

At this point I'd say Revis is the top candidate for DMVP.
Revis is gonna be up there but if either Ware or Allen break the sack record, there is no way either of them won't win IMO

psubills62
11-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Revis is gonna be up there but if either Ware or Allen break the sack record, there is no way either of them won't win IMO
Oh definitely. The media loves that sort of thing, record-breaking seasons.

In the end I don't think either of them will break the record though. They'll tail off at some point, IMO. I read that the quarterback rating on passes thrown at Revis was 2.9. Just unreal. That's another pace that won't keep up, but I could see him keeping it dreadfully low still.

B-DON
11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Oh definitely. The media loves that sort of thing, record-breaking seasons.

In the end I don't think either of them will break the record though. They'll tail off at some point, IMO. I read that the quarterback rating on passes thrown at Revis was 2.9. Just unreal. That's another pace that won't keep up, but I could see him keeping it dreadfully low still.
Wow that is just plain ridiculous. Revis sure is a beast

stuckincincy
11-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow that is just plain ridiculous. Revis sure is a beast

Who routinely gets away with holding and interference. He's a NFL publicity pimp and a media darling. :birds:

jimbohastle51
11-02-2011, 09:48 PM

agreed! Arthur Moats needs to stay in the lineup as the rush backer and we need to see if he can get it done or if that is our 1st round pick in the next draft. that kid has something to him and if the coaching staff just lets him loose and play through the whole season as the starter i have a feeling he will be a beast! and couldn't
also i couldn't Agree more about Pears and Lindell. it takes a certain kicker to hack it for us with the winds they deal with for over half the season and he gets it done a heck of a lot more than he doesn't. As for Pears i think this guy is the best RT in the AFC east and playing at a pro bowl level consistently! the guy is a MUST keeper for this team!