X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thenry20
    • Jan 2004

A little love for Byrd.

Before Wilson started gettjng some national attention recently (and rightfully so) about his defensive prowess, people tend to forget what our other safety has done for this team.

I have the NFL Game Rewind and have seen every game twice with the exception of the Redskins game.

After week 4 or 5 I had to go BB.com to check the depth chart and make sure it was JB playing free safety. I know each telecast lists the starters and such at the beginnings of game but I don't trust these networks to get everything right with regard to personnel. Sometimes the announcers get the players names or numbers wrong during games so I had to be sure.

Anyway, Byrd was all over the field making 3rd down stops or preventing big plays from getting any bigger. At first I thouht he was down on the line as the SS but I was wrong. He was hitting hard and wasn't afraid of making contact. The only difference between he and GW is the INT's. Nobody and i mean nobody, especially on these boards, even gave him his due. Go back and watch if you can. The proof is in the pudding. He has sacrificed personal glory for team success and this is not something you see from a young pro who wants to make his mark quickly and gain notoriety in this league.

Jarius if you're reading this, know that someone here hasn't forgotten what you've done and continue to do for the Bills. The picks will come once we can mount pressure on the QB just don't lose focus.

I'm getting his jersey next after I buy Fred's.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: A little love for Byrd.

This post is similar to FTPs Dante posts.

All kidding aside, JB has been a solid player for us.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Jairus has really improved his tackling.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Byrd was a monster in the eagles game...I've noticed he's been a solid safety all yearly

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Byrd's tackled like Antoine Winfield out there. Open field tackling has saved our total D from allowing even MORE yards allowed. He should be in the FS Pro Bowl conversation among the players at least.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Byrd has played the run well all year. He just isn't getting the huge interception numbers he got as a rookie.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

This is a funny thread. Are you trying to score a date? "Jarius (sic) if you are reading this..."

There have been a number of us who have appreciated Byrd for a while. Once he came back from the hernia surgery last year, and actually started to play healthy, he was great. He had two forced fumbles against the Steelers.

The people who appreciated Byrd were usually the people watching the game....the crowd that complained were just looking at the back of a football card, or a box score.

I hope you get that date.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

He's havig his best season IMO. Mybe not statistically but he's playing very well, his awareness has done a 180 this year
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Deflecting passes, playing center field, making tackles, playing the run, blitzing and pressuring the QB, interceptions, sacks, forced fumbles...

Yeah the guy is everywhere and if anyone has a bad thing to say about the guy I'll have to get their address so I can laugh in their face.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

He has been solid all along, but lately, he has stepped up even more.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

People expected way too much from him after his ridiculous 8 or 9 INT season (I forget which it was). He flat out stunk last year. This year he stunk early on too. He seems to finally be making progress and understanding how to play the position.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Why would Byrd lose focus if he's not getting INTs?
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• thenry20
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                          This is a funny thread. Are you trying to score a date? "Jarius (sic) if you are reading this..."

There have been a number of us who have appreciated Byrd for a while. Once he came back from the hernia surgery last year, and actually started to play healthy, he was great. He had two forced fumbles against the Steelers.

The people who appreciated Byrd were usually the people watching the game....the crowd that complained were just looking at the back of a football card, or a box score.

I hope you get that date.
                          I don't have man crushes of any sort TYVM.

This isn't the only BIlls forum I follow and trust me I haven't seen anyone start a Byrd thread yet.

The only ones I know who have commented on it are the coaching staff in interviews and such.

Comment

Working...
                          X