PDA

View Full Version : Must destroy the Jets

JoeMama
10-31-2011, 05:04 AM
I'll always want revenge for this one play in 2002.

Chad Pennington vs Eddie Robinson.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/chadbill.gif

Yeah, it's 9 years later. Yeah, it's a different team, different QB, different coach.

Still...

That one play was so infuriating I'll forever want to DESTROY THE JETS.

RedEyE
10-31-2011, 07:43 AM
I know Freddie has been on fire but the O needs to play better next week against the Jets. Another INT and a fumble loss this week.

Red Zone effeciency versus Skins 25%. Add in the missed FG - missed opportunities.

Love the dominate showing from the D this week.

All of this just tells me that the Bills haven't fired on a cylinders since week 1 agianst the Cheifs.

If they can get the D, O and ST all synched agains the Jets, well....lets just say this team has a lot of potential and should capitalize on it.

Night Train
10-31-2011, 07:58 AM
I just so sick of Fat Rex and his worthless SB guarantees, while the photographers try in vain to fit him into a picture frame.

He should be giving more attention to his wifes feet.

ddaryl
10-31-2011, 08:03 AM
this is going to be a tough game..... But this game will determine if we really have a shot at the playoffs IMO

Jan Reimers
10-31-2011, 08:07 AM
I have long thought that the Jets were one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL. I remember a game years ago when they put a cheap shot on Andre Reed when he was out of bounds, and put him out for several weeks.

I thoroughly hate the Jets.

BillsOwnAll
10-31-2011, 08:08 AM
this is going to be a tough game..... But this game will determine if we really have a shot at the playoffs IMO
I feel like i hear this every week

Mike13
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
**** the Jets. Kick the crap out of them.

trapezeus
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM

you've heard it because its true, and the season is still so young. so many teams are bunched around each other record wise. That redskins game was huge. we kept our distance from the jets. Had we lost, this jets game would have implications of who would be squarely in second in the east. And if we lost that, we'd be on the outside looking in.

but since we won and the pats lost, we are in the drivers seat. We could lose this game this week and still be in the hunt.

We are now at the point of playing our AFC east brethren. We've kind of taken a beating over the years from most of these teams. we beat the teams that know us the best, it says something.

I think the bills can beat the jets, the cowboys, miami 2x, tennesse and Denver. That's 11 wins. and i think the other jets game could be winnable basedon how we play this week and how the jets look in the middle. i think sandiego is possibly a winnable game as well.

Its a good time to be a bills fan.

Miami_Vice
10-31-2011, 10:32 AM
This Dolphin fan is definitely cheering for the Bills. I hate the Jets more than any other team.

Hope you guys **** em up.

SABuffalo786
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
+1 for Nuke the Whales

The King
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Each week is the biggest game of the year... but this is division this is a team that had higher expectations than us. This is another step in proving we are a good football team.

Crisis
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Is that Eddie Robinson clip really necessary?

What a bum.

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
I have long thought that the Jets were one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL. I remember a game years ago when they put a cheap shot on Andre Reed when he was out of bounds, and put him out for several weeks.

I thoroughly hate the Jets.

I remember that. It was infuriating because there were no consequences for the Jets. No suspension, not even a flag on the play.

ddaryl
10-31-2011, 11:43 AM

of course.. but in the case of the Bills and playing an AFC East rival this next game is very necessary IMO. Our schedule is tough, we need the Jets at home

Crisis
10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
There's 11 teams at or above .500 in the AFC right now. Division/Conference games against other winning teams are HUGE right now.

This game is the difference between being two games up on the Jets or sitting even with them.

mysticsoto
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Oh no, we face...A-a-a-a-aron Maybin...Is Parrish available to block?

Buddo
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
The only thing I will say, is that somehow I think we do split with the Jest - even if we win the game at their place. It's just the way it is.
We could beat them handily this game, and have them comfortably down in the next one, but then something will happen for us to stuff things up. And vice versa - they seem as likely to manage that scenario as us tbh.

I'd like us to actually get a few players back this week, particularly Bell and Jones, as I think they will help us most.

Something I do like, is the fact that we can line up with Dareus at NT if we want to. As the Jest have just had their bye week, it's something that they have to plan for, that wasn't expected.

ddaryl
10-31-2011, 12:12 PM
There's 11 teams at or above .500 in the AFC right now. Division/Conference games against other winning teams are HUGE right now.

This game is the difference between being two games up on the Jets or sitting even with them.

we wouldn't be sitting even, they would own the tie breaker... SO this win is a MUST

ghz in pittsburgh
10-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Realistically speaking, the Bills are not superbowl contender and noone is expecting us to win all remaining games.

I think the players know that too: the Pats game and two Jets games are the toughest ones left one Bills schedule. The Chargers and Cowboys games are a notch below.

The home Jets game is simply a must.

And the matchup makes it that much interesting as well. The Jets used to kill the Bills by running the ball. They looked to be less dominant there this year, and the Bills run defense improved. Sanchez goes hot and cold, even within one game, the Bills pass D hasn't fared well against good O-Line all year. On the other side of tha ball, the Jets looked to be a little more vulnerable against run and the Bills are the leading ground attack in NFL. As the Jets secondary is playing at a high level, I think they will challenge Fitz to beat them deep.

Ed
10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
I didn't realize that the Jets typically struggle after the bye, or at least with Rex Ryan they do. The following blurb is from the afc east blog on espn.com.

The New York Jets traditionally struggle after bye weeks under head coach Rex Ryan. New York is winless (0-2) under Ryan after byes since 2009, and the offense has been the biggest issue. Ryan's Jets have come out rusty after two weeks off and average just 11 points per game. New York was shutout last season by the Green Bay Packers, 9-0, in one of the Jets' ugliest games of 2010. The Jets have to come out much sharper Sunday against Buffalo.

HAMMER
10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Realistically speaking, the Bills are not superbowl contender and noone is expecting us to win all remaining games.

I think the players know that too: the Pats game and two Jets games are the toughest ones left one Bills schedule. The Chargers and Cowboys games are a notch below.

The home Jets game is simply a must.

And the matchup makes it that much interesting as well. The Jets used to kill the Bills by running the ball. They looked to be less dominant there this year, and the Bills run defense improved. Sanchez goes hot and cold, even within one game, the Bills pass D hasn't fared well against good O-Line all year. On the other side of tha ball, the Jets looked to be a little more vulnerable against run and the Bills are the leading ground attack in NFL. As the Jets secondary is playing at a high level, I think they will challenge Fitz to beat them deep.

I don't buy they are not a SB contender. This team should continue to grow, and gel. No reason they can't get better every week, in fact I expect it. Every team in the AFC can be beaten.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I didn't realize that the Jets typically struggle after the bye, or at least with Rex Ryan they do. The following blurb is from the afc east blog on espn.com.

Rex always gives his team the ENTIRE week off, not just the required 4 days off.

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Please win this game, Buffalo...i want this W more than any other game on our schedule

Ed
10-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Please win this game, Buffalo...i want this W more than any other game on our schedule
Me too. If I could pick two wins for the rest of the year it would be both Jets games.