PDA

View Full Version : Dareus at DT

Night Train
10-31-2011, 05:16 AM
That created a giant domino effect for the rest of the front 7.

He was an absolute destoyer inside and the Skins became so worried about him that others like Spencer Johnson, Dwan Edwards, Moats etc. kept getting in and making great plays. Rewinding the DVR and watching some of those efforts from him were just incredible.

A true great player can make such an impact. Let's see if it continues against the Jets. He never mailed it in on one play.

Looks like " Bumbling Buddy Nix " :rolleyes: got this pick right.

YardRat
10-31-2011, 05:26 AM
We should have drafted a quarterback.

Night Train
10-31-2011, 05:31 AM
We should have drafted a quarterback.

We probably would have, if Newton fell to #3 .

Funny how those things work out. We " settled " for Dareus.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2011, 06:07 AM
That created a giant domino effect for the rest of the front 7.

He was an absolute destoyer inside and the Skins became so worried about him that others like Spencer Johnson, Dwan Edwards, Moats etc. kept getting in and making great plays. Rewinding the DVR and watching some of those efforts from him were just incredible.

A true great player can make such an impact. Let's see if it continues against the Jets. He never mailed it in on one play.

Looks like " Bumbling Buddy Nix " :rolleyes: got this pick right.
I think we should move Dareus permanently to NT. He has the size and speed to be much more effective than Williams in the middle. Williams should move out to DE.

methos4ever
10-31-2011, 06:49 AM
I think we should move Dareus permanently to NT. He has the size and speed to be much more effective than Williams in the middle. Williams should move out to DE.
And on downs when you really want them to whup the line, you can line up in a 3-4 over or under, where they'll be aligned like this (credit to Buffalo Rumblings for the pic):

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/572552/Hybrid_3-4_with_three_Technique_medium.jpg

Instead of Marcell in the 3 technique, put Kyle there (when healthy) to wreak havoc upfield and Marcell can destroy the center. If he's healthy, this is a look that would be outstanding to have vs the Jets.

DraftBoy
10-31-2011, 07:09 AM
I didnt see yesterday's game but I was worried about kicking Dareus inside and losing our ability to set the edge. Looks like that wasn't an issue. Good to see.

k-oneputt
10-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Nothing to worry about because Dareus kicked a**.
Leave him at NG

ddaryl
10-31-2011, 07:58 AM
nice bye week injury induced adjustment by our coaches....

Oaf
10-31-2011, 09:23 AM
I love love loved the angle he took to sack Beck in the 4th at the sidelines.

BillsFanCupp38
10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Trade Kyle Williams for a first round pick!

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2011, 09:29 AM
I didn't notice at all but did Troup even play?

methos4ever
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
I didn't notice at all but did Troup even play?
He did I believe sparingly on run downs, He was in to spell Dareus a bit in the 2nd quarter and 3rd too I think...

Spiderweb
10-31-2011, 01:04 PM

I don't see Williams as being effective at DE. He's quick, not fast. Unlike Dareus, he doesn't run very well from what I've seen. Quick? Heck Yes, but fast? Nope. Williams, from my viewpoint is a true 4-3 DT.

Spiderweb
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
He did I believe sparingly on run downs, He was in to spell Dareus a bit in the 2nd quarter and 3rd too I think...

Heard got far more snaps.....

Extremebillsfan247
10-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Trade Kyle Williams for a first round pick!That would not be a smart move at all. Dareus played well against a 2nd rate Oline. We played against preseason offensive lines that were better than that.

cpearl
10-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Does this force us to play more of a 4-3 when Kyle Williams comes back? Or, at least more of a hybrid 4-3/3-4?

TigerJ
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
From my perspective, the versatility of Dareus is a plus that Buffalo should use on a regular basis, not just in injury situations. I don't particularly want to see Dareus move to NT permanently, but why can't Kyle and Dareus swap spots once in a while? If offensive lines have to alter their blocking schemes to account for Dareus, why not make it more difficult for them by moving him around, and if you can do it after the QB's cadence has started, so much the better?