• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Awesome stat

Right now Fitz ranks 6th in the league by QBR. That's an impressive stat.

But to me whats even better is this stat:

Out of the top 10 QB's (by QBR), Fitz has been sacked the least number of times and not by a little, by almost HALF! 8 total and the next closest is Vick with 12. Tom Brady has 14.

To me that's amazing considering guys like me thought our OL would be very shaky. Fitz is part of the reason but our OL is also a major part.

Very impressive.

• Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Awesome stat

Hard to get sacked when most pass plays are 3 seconds or shorter.

Doesn't say much about the o-line, says more so the fact that the offense is predicated on short passes.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Beck was sacked ~27% of all called passing plays on Sunday, LOL.
      Last edited by Skooby; 10-31-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

Fitz is the only reason for the improved play of the O-line. You can also credit him with the improved play of the WR's and TE. Dont believe me, look at the stats when Trent was playing or Brohm last year. This is a QB driven league period. Look at Indy, or how about just a couple of years ago the Cardinals with Kurt Warner. Speaking of the former grocery bagger who is to say that Fitz is not the next Kurt Warner.

Comment

• methos4ever
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          Hard to get sacked when most pass plays are 3 seconds or shorter.

Doesn't say much about the o-line, says more so the fact that the offense is predicated on short passes.
          Unlike the Raiders, who are a vertical stretch team, we stretch horizontally, so those plays are shorter, but they require a quicker decision and a very accurate one. Fitz at near 70 percent is a good reinforcement that the strategy is working!

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

and to think every single one of us never believed our OL would be anywhere's near as good as they have been, nor did we believe in our depth... Some of us thought the OL would be just putrid... Others expected us to be serviceable, but non one believed they would be doing as well as they have.

yeah it has a lot to do with the short passing and Fitz quick decision making.. But there is no denying that our OL opens some nice holes on occasion for the run game as well.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
              • Sep 2003

hey we could of had...... The second coming of JP

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs INT
              ????? 10 30 97 1 2
              ROFLMFAO=GABBERT
              Last edited by alohabillsfan; 10-31-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• dog14787
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                Fitz is the only reason for the improved play of the O-line. You can also credit him with the improved play of the WR's and TE. Dont believe me, look at the stats when Trent was playing or Brohm last year. This is a QB driven league period. Look at Indy, or how about just a couple of years ago the Cardinals with Kurt Warner. Speaking of the former grocery bagger who is to say that Fitz is not the next Kurt Warner.
                Bills HC Chan Gailey also deserves a lot of credit in my opinion for disguising the lines weakness's with his exceptional scheming/playcalling. Gailey's unique ability to adapt on the fly and counter what the opposing defense is trying to accomplish has been a huge contributing factor for the Offenses success.

what a great coach/QB combination...
                Last edited by Figster; 10-31-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X