PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Op Thread

SabreEleven
10-31-2011, 07:57 AM
The NHL hockey season is a marathon, not a sprint. Sabres are coming out of the gate semi-cold, not hot and not super cold like last year when the went 0 for Infiinty to start the year. They actually still have a winning record.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Struggle now, you have time to figure it out. Come January or February and let's see how things are looking. I'm not going to jump off the bridge in October. Nobody won the Cup in October...just ask the Washington Capitals and their President trophy's.

The King
10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Bruins have come out with a wet noodle in their hands

SabreEleven
10-31-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm looking forward to when the Sabres have their Stanley Cup hang over year.

Skooby
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Has the Sabres current play provided any reasonable assurance of winning a Stanley Cup ?

SabreEleven
10-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Has the Sabres current play provided any reasonable assurance of winning a Stanley Cup ?

You don't win the Cup in October, perhaps to you didn't hear me the first time.

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Of course, we haven't had any consistency from our top "scorers" since Briere and Drury left.

And even when Briere and Drury were here, the PP wasn't very good, and the team struggled to play complete games.

But hey, all these problems that we couldn't solve in the last 5 years will be solved in the next 4 months, right?

hydro
10-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Of course, we haven't had any consistency from our top "scorers" since Briere and Drury left.

And even when Briere and Drury were here, the PP wasn't very good, and the team struggled to play complete games.

But hey, all these problems that we couldn't solve in the last 5 years will be solved in the next 4 months, right?
The "complete game" line is something you could about every team in the league, the complete game BS is biased because you don't follow any team as closely as the Sabres. And PP is the key to a Stanley Cup?

Power Play % in Regular season:
2009 Champ: Pittsburgh (20th) 17.2% [BUF=7th 21%]
2010 Champ: Chicago (16th) 17.7% [BUF=17th 17.6%]
2011 Champ: Boston (20th) 16.2% [BUF=9th 19.4%]

hydro
10-31-2011, 11:58 AM
It is all about getting hot at the right time IMO. You get hot going into the playoffs and don't get bitten by the injury bug it makes things interesting.

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
The "complete game" line is something you could about every team in the league, the complete game BS is biased because you don't follow any team as closely as the Sabres. And PP is the key to a Stanley Cup?

2009 Champ: Pittsburgh (20th) 17.2% [BUF=7th 21%]
2010 Champ: Chicago (16th) 17.7% [BUF=17th 17.6%]
2011 Champ: Boston (20th) 16.2% [BUF=9th 19.4%]

PP is one piece of the puzzle. They have other pieces that we are missing. Pittsburgh and Chicago have true top scorers. Boston has toughness. You're not going to win with a bad PP, inconsistent top scorers, and no toughness.

As far as playing complete games go, I really don't care what other teams do or don't do. I'm sick and tired of watching the Sabres get a 2-goal lead in the first then sleepwalk through the next two periods, or have a great 3rd period because they're forced to turn up the intensity after a terrible first two periods. The mental lapses are inexcusable. Don't try to let the Sabres off the hook for mistakes because I don't watch other hockey games. There is no logical connection there whatsoever.

hydro
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
PP is one piece of the puzzle. They have other pieces that we are missing. Pittsburgh and Chicago have true top scorers. Boston has toughness. You're not going to win with a bad PP, inconsistent top scorers, and no toughness.

As far as playing complete games go, I really don't care what other teams do or don't do. I'm sick and tired of watching the Sabres get a 2-goal lead in the first then sleepwalk through the next two periods, or have a great 3rd period because they're forced to turn up the intensity after a terrible first two periods. The mental lapses are inexcusable. Don't try to let the Sabres off the hook for mistakes because I don't watch other hockey games. There is no logical connection there whatsoever.

It's the law of averages. Every team goes though issues at times where they don't play "complete games". From afar you might not see it but if you followed every team like you do the Sabres you could say the same thing about them. You are asking for the impossible. No team plays "complete games" day in day out.

SabreEleven
10-31-2011, 12:33 PM

I guess you missed the Anti part.

DMBcrew36
10-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Too early to be worried, for sure. Guys are still trying to find their mojo and Lindy is still trying to find the right line combos. The team isn't performing up to their ability, sure, but they haven't knocked themselves out of anything. It's a work in progress.

The one thing I want to see is Ehrhoff taking more shots, getting more shots through.

chernobylwraiths
11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Does this mean we want something bad to happen to Op?

SabreEleven
11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Does this mean we want something bad to happen to Op?

Yea, we want his TV to break and internet to go out so he can't watch any more games

chernobylwraiths
11-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea, we want his TV to break and internet to go out so he can't watch any more games

Do we also want him to contract a urinary tract infection, or is that being a little too vindictive?

SabreEleven
11-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Do we also want him to contract a urinary tract infection, or is that being a little too vindictive?

I'm hoping for a yeast infection.