PDA

View Full Version : NFL Parity? I don't agree - Where do the Bills rank?

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Where are the Bills in the hierarchy of the NFL?? Is top 10 out of the realm? I think you have to say top 12 at the least, no?

Look at the NFL and after Green Bay you can divide it up into four groups:

Great teams:
1. Green Bay - by far the best team in the league.

Very Good teams (in no order):
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Detroit
San Fran
Cincy
Buffalo
NY Jets
NY Giants
New England
New Orleans
San Diego

13 - 17 The Who knows group:
Houston, Tennessee, Atlanta, Oakland, Chicago

18 - 21 At best Mediocre:
Philly, Tampa, Cleveland, Dallas

22 - 32 Totally Pathetic (I don't care what order you rank them):
Indi, Miami, Denver, Seattle, Ariz, Minn, St.L, Car, Jax, KC, Wash

Where do the Bills rank? I'd go with 10th ahead of Cincy and the Jets. Rationale: Home game against Cincy would have been a win. They could have beaten the Giants (probably would have at home). But maybe they lose to Oakland and NE if those games were played on the road.

Ed
10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
They're top 10 for sure. They have beaten good teams, they have one of the highest SOS's in the league, and their two losses were by 3 points.

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 12:56 PM
They're top 10 for sure. They have beaten good teams, they have one of the highest SOS's in the league, and their two losses were by 3 points.

Just remember though...of those top 12 teams I listed the Bills have only played three of them and lost two. Important to consider since they still have two against the Jets, and one each against NE and SD. Lose all of them and you have a 1-6 record against that group...yuck.

MikeInRoch
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree that they are in the top 10, but they are way towards the bottom of it.

B-DON
10-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Just remember though...of those top 12 teams I listed the Bills have only played three of them and lost two. Important to consider since they still have two against the Jets, and one each against NE and SD. Lose all of them and you have a 1-6 record against that group...yuck.
Well the pats have lost 2 games against the top teams too

ServoBillieves
10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
I think that GB, Detroit, New Orleans, San Diego, Pittsburgh and the Giants are better than us right now. But still, until we play them (other than the Gnats), I feel we stand a chance against SD and could beat NO.

#7 with a fighting chance. Until we see the playoffs, I'm pretty sure that the "If the Season Ended Today..." article on NFL.com, showing that we would have the Bye after playing the surging Chiefs (who we crushed), Oakland, New England, losing to one of the best defenses in the NFL by 3, dropkicking Shanahan's Skins, losing to the Gnats because of Drayton, and the "Dream Team".

We have 2 games against the Fish left, we have Denver, we have the Titans. We've already beat the Patsies*, the Jets have been somewhat exposed, and if we lose to one of those 3 aforementioned teams then we aren't who we thought we were.

Remaining Schedule (as we all know... or should...)

NYJ
@DAL
@MIA
@NYJ
TENN
@SD
MIA
DEN
@NE

4 of those games should be EASILY winnable, putting us at 9-7 at the worst (with 5-11 being the obvious worst if we implode). If we can beat up on one or two of those other teams, that's 10-6 or 11-5, and that's playoffs, so if we do that, it's on like DK and we're sitting in the Top 5, if not top 2 of the AFC

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 02:21 PM
until campbell got hurt, Oakland was in the very good teams list so we beat two of the 4 very good teams at the time we played them... If Palmer can get in synch with some very good recievers in Oakland, they can be back in time to win the AFC West.

jcdavey
10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
i'm a chargers fan, and there's no fn way we're better than you guys yet

we've been playing some pretty awful football for a 4-2 team

that's a fact

my chargers need to get into their mid to late season swing, but i'm doubtful because the schedule isn't favorable, and rivers is having his worst year as a pro

not lookin good

YardRat
10-31-2011, 03:55 PM
IMO we're still in the Who Knows group.

NE was an impressive win, but one could argue the Pats and Brady got to halftime with a 'same ol' Buffalo Bills' attitude.

KC, Oakland, and Philly we caught at good times. Washington also, actually.

Cincinnati was a 'gimme' to many, and we blew it. The Giants game most definitely was winnable also, yet we couldn't pull it off.

Half of our home schedule is already done, 5 of eight after this weekend's game with the Jets...That leaves five of the last eight on the road, and if the Bengals and Giants games are any accurate barometer this team doesn't exactly travel well.

Way too early to anoint us a top 10 (or better) team.

Dujek
10-31-2011, 03:59 PM
I'd have the Jets in the "Who Knows?" group, and maybe bump the Texans up. Texans are certainly making the playoffs anyway, everyone else in that division is terrible.

Crisis
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Philly is better than "mediocre at best"

Ebenezer
10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Philly is better than "mediocre at best"

I could have flipped flopped them with Chicago...

Skooby
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
2nd seed in the AFC, 8th on your list.

Mike
10-31-2011, 10:05 PM
I would further define: 1-10 scale (10 being great)

Great teams: 9-10
1. Green Bay - by far the best team in the league.

Very Good teams (in no order): 7-8
Pittsburgh
San Fran
New England
New Orleans

Good: 6-7
Detroit
Cincy
Buffalo
NY Giants
Houston
Baltimore

Average: 4-6
NY Jets
San Diego
Atlanta
Oakland
Chicago
Philly
Tampa
Dallas

Poor: 1-3
Indi,
Miami,
Denver,
Seattle,
Ariz,
Minn,
St.L,
Car,
Jax,
KC,
Wash,
Cleveland,
Tennessee

Mike
10-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Poor teams are a lock not to make the playoffs and the Very Good and Great teams are a Lock to make the playoffs.

The Good and the Average all have a shot at the playoffs!

I would say that the best Super Bowl odds to win would be on the Very Good-Great Teams. However anything is possible, a good or even average team might sneak in there.