PDA

View Full Version : A little bird out here in California...

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 01:59 PM
has told me that the bills are in fact talking to Bernard Berrian. I used to live across the street from where Berrian grew up, and we both know each other and have some mutual friends, as well as were friends off and on growing up.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM
his parents still live in the same house... I passed a message on to Berrian that for every touchdown he makes this year in a bills Uni is a free lawnmowing for his parents when ever they need it.

Oaf
10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Is he good?

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 02:08 PM
if he wants to be here, wants to play, he will have his opps. given Fitzpatrick's ability to connect with any given reciever on any given drop back. well except the one on the go route. might actually be a very good place for him if he is serious about getting his career back on track.

The last buffalo fan
10-31-2011, 02:09 PM
:bf1: you are da man, UBWS!!! :gobills:

Figster
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Is he good?

Looks like his career was steady on the decline and nothing stands out to me.

http://www.nfl.com/player/bernardberrian/2506000/profile

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 02:12 PM
his last good season was when Minnesota made the NFC Championship with Favre.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 02:13 PM
over two years ago...

mayotm
10-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't see the Bills making a move unless Jones is going to out longer than expected.

Ed
10-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I thought someone mentioned last week something about him having questionable work ethic or effort. I can't remember exactly, but I didn't get the impression that he's a great teammate or would be a good fit here. He has decent talent though.

So what's the deal with Donald Jones? I thought he'd be making a return within the next few games.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
I thought someone mentioned last week something about him having questionable work ethic or effort. I can't remember exactly, but I didn't get the impression that he's a great teammate or would be a good fit here. He has decent talent though.

So what's the deal with Donald Jones? I thought he'd be making a return within the next few games.

I don't know any thing about his work ethic, but sometimes recievers play harder if they are under the impression they will get the ball more. like I said, if he pays attention to what's going on here, he will know he will have his opportunities in the Offense.

His best years he had a legit qb under center - not a washed up donovan mcnabb, favre, or rookie christian ponder. Rex Grossman and him had decent chemistry - I think fitz and him could be even better - let's just hope he hasn't lost a step... 4.4 40 at combine I believe.

mayotm
10-31-2011, 02:26 PM

So what's the deal with Donald Jones? I thought he'd be making a return within the next few games.It was reported that he was working on the sidelines some during practice last week. Typically, that's a sign a player is getting close.

mrbojanglezs
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
why do this with jones having a chance to play next sunday?

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Didn't the Lee Evans supporters also always use the QB excuse? :scratch:

I'd welcome him, sure, we could use his deep ball presence. But with Donald Jones coming back potentially this week vs. the Jets I'm not sure that he's entirely necessary.

Still think we should have ponied the conditional 6th rounder for Llyod in a heartbeat however.

Ed
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Well if there's no issue with him hurting the chemistry of our WR group, I'm all for it. Even if Donald Jones does come back soon, Berrian would at least be a big upgrade over Ruvell Martin. With how much we use 4 and 5 WR sets it can't hurt to add some more talent and take a little pressure off of Stevie.

YardRat
10-31-2011, 03:14 PM
has told me that the bills are in fact talking to Bernard Berrian. I used to live across the street from where Berrian grew up, and we both know each other and have some mutual friends, as well as were friends off and on growing up.

'Off' when he was kicking the **** out of you, and 'on' when he wasn't?

Skooby
10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't look into this too far yet, there are many levels of talking.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2011, 03:22 PM
he never kicked the **** out of me... and I was a grade higher than he was. he lived across the street and over 3 houses from where I lived. his parents still live there. he and his two brothers - Tony and Chris used to come over and go swimming during the summer time. BTW, Tony is one fast ass dude. Chris was fast too, but Tony could outrun a donkey.

SABURZFAN
10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
'Off' when he was kicking the **** out of you, and 'on' when he wasn't?

:laughing:

SABURZFAN
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
he never kicked the **** out of me... and I was a grade higher than he was. he lived across the street and over 3 houses from where I lived. his parents still live there. he and his two brothers - Tony and Chris used to come over and go swimming during the summer time. BTW, Tony is one fast ass dude. Chris was fast too, but Tony could outrun a donkey.

big deal.... Tony beat you in a foot race. i could beat you in a foot race too.

HAMMER
10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Someone got their tail kicked.

thenry20
10-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Do you doubt that Eric Moulds would be in the HOF if he didn't have a long term competent QB? Sometimes it is about the QB.

TigerJ
10-31-2011, 08:05 PM
If Buddy thinks he has something left in the tank, I'm fine with bringing him in. I think he has decent size to go with his speed. I think Donald Jones can get deep and get some separation, but he's not a true burner. Buffalo lacks that at the moment.