• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Demetrius Bell may miss Jets game

So it looks like Hairston has a better chance of playing then Bell, but neither look promising for the Jets game. I guess I'm not too worried though. I actually forgot that Levitre was even playing LT during the Skins game yesterday so he must have played pretty well. Fitz didn't get killed against a good pass rush and they still ran the ball effectively. So are you guys ok with Levitre starting at LT against the Jets?

Also, Jones has a chance of returning. Kyle Williams is obviously still out, but no mention of Aaron Williams. I'd like to see him get healthy so he can continue getting some experience again.

Buffalo Bills starting left tackle Demetrius Bell is in jeopardy of missing his fourth straight game because of a right shoulder injury that isn't healing as quickly as expected.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Demetrius Bell may miss Jets game

Levitre did well at LT against a very good pass rush, but I still think the best combination we've had this season was Hairston at LT and Levitre at LG. I'm OK with Bell being out if Hairston comes back. Otherwise, we'll just have to hope for a repeat of last week because the Jets' front 7 is pretty damn good too.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

bb.com said hairston has a good shot at playing....

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
        Nah. From the way I read it, they said Hairston has a good shot at returning before Bell, not necessarily this week though. They say he's healing fast whereas Bell hasn't progressed as initially hoped. Bad sign for Bell, I'm not sure we can trust such an oft-injured, what some would even call "soft", player with a starting LT contract this offseason.
        Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
          • Aug 2008

I'm not particularly OK with Levitre starting at LT vs. the Jets. I think Ryan can expose him much worse than the Deadskins did. Plus, it hurts two positions, LT and LG. Just gotta give him some help again though. Actually, we've had much worse LTs in recent years than our starting LG Levitre.
          Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 10-31-2011, 05:48 PM.
          Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
            I'm not particularly OK with Levitre starting at LT vs. the Jets. I think Ryan can expose him much worse than the Deadskins did. Plus, it hurts two positions, LT and LG. Just gotta give him some help again though. Actually, we've had much worse LTs in recent years than our starting LG Levitre.
            That's what I thought going into the Skins game. Don't forget the Skins have Orakpo and Kerrigan. Their front 7 is excellent. Granted, Ryan is a better defensive coach than anyone on the Skins' staff, and I don't want to attempt to draw too many conclusions from one game. I'd rather not roll the dice and go with Levitre at LT again if we can avoid it, but so far, so good. I do have more confidence in the left side of the line than I did at this point last week.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'd rather have a healthy Levitre than a 70-80% Bell or Hairston at this point. I was worried about the LT position against Washington, but Andy played much better than I anticipated.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Why does it seem like Bell always gets hurt? Every year he has played it's been something else. Grow a pair and get on the field you puss.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

hairston will start

Comment

• Mr Bills
                    • Jan 2010

If the Bills Oline can handle guys like Orapko, Osi, Pierre Paul, Seymour, Babin, Hali, then they should have no problems protecting Fitz from Aaron Maybin and friends.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ed
                      So it looks like Hairston has a better chance of playing then Bell, but neither look promising for the Jets game. I guess I'm not too worried though. I actually forgot that Levitre was even playing LT during the Skins game yesterday so he must have played pretty well. Fitz didn't get killed against a good pass rush and they still ran the ball effectively. So are you guys ok with Levitre starting at LT against the Jets?

Also, Jones has a chance of returning. Kyle Williams is obviously still out, but no mention of Aaron Williams. I'd like to see him get healthy so he can continue getting some experience again.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71...n-bum-shoulder
                      Well other than their offensive line being horrible, Washington actually has a very formidable defense. I was impressed with how Levitre handled himself. I didn't hear Orakpo's name come up all game. I think the Bills would serve themselves best by letting him take the reigns at LT at least until we get Bell back even if Hairston comes back. Hairston is a rookie. I'd rather have a veteran out there facing up against the Jets. JMO

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

I can't believe how quickly Levitre has turned into an all-pro...

He's an amazing guard, and can hold his own as a LT as well.

He's the best lineman we've had in a decade.
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
                          The only thing I've seen is that Hairston has a better shot of playing than Bell. I have not seen that Hairston has a "good shot" at playing.

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

Most people are focusing on who will play LT Sunday. However, getting Jones back for this week is equaly important.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mayotm
                              The only thing I've seen is that Hairston has a better shot of playing than Bell. I have not seen that Hairston has a "good shot" at playing.
                              "Hairston, who fared well at left tackle as Bell’s replacement, suffered a severe ankle sprain against the Giants in Week 6, but has recovered quickly and like Jones has a chance to return to the lineup Sunday."

Comment

Working...
                              X