PDA

View Full Version : Demetrius Bell may miss Jets game

Ed
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
So it looks like Hairston has a better chance of playing then Bell, but neither look promising for the Jets game. I guess I'm not too worried though. I actually forgot that Levitre was even playing LT during the Skins game yesterday so he must have played pretty well. Fitz didn't get killed against a good pass rush and they still ran the ball effectively. So are you guys ok with Levitre starting at LT against the Jets?

Also, Jones has a chance of returning. Kyle Williams is obviously still out, but no mention of Aaron Williams. I'd like to see him get healthy so he can continue getting some experience again.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7175043/demetrius-bell-buffalo-bills-sit-again-bum-shoulder

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Levitre did well at LT against a very good pass rush, but I still think the best combination we've had this season was Hairston at LT and Levitre at LG. I'm OK with Bell being out if Hairston comes back. Otherwise, we'll just have to hope for a repeat of last week because the Jets' front 7 is pretty damn good too.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-31-2011, 05:41 PM
bb.com said hairston has a good shot at playing....

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
bb.com said hairston has a good shot at playing....

Nah. From the way I read it, they said Hairston has a good shot at returning before Bell, not necessarily this week though. They say he's healing fast whereas Bell hasn't progressed as initially hoped. Bad sign for Bell, I'm not sure we can trust such an oft-injured, what some would even call "soft", player with a starting LT contract this offseason.

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm not particularly OK with Levitre starting at LT vs. the Jets. I think Ryan can expose him much worse than the Deadskins did. Plus, it hurts two positions, LT and LG. Just gotta give him some help again though. Actually, we've had much worse LTs in recent years than our starting LG Levitre.

OpIv37
10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm not particularly OK with Levitre starting at LT vs. the Jets. I think Ryan can expose him much worse than the Deadskins did. Plus, it hurts two positions, LT and LG. Just gotta give him some help again though. Actually, we've had much worse LTs in recent years than our starting LG Levitre.

That's what I thought going into the Skins game. Don't forget the Skins have Orakpo and Kerrigan. Their front 7 is excellent. Granted, Ryan is a better defensive coach than anyone on the Skins' staff, and I don't want to attempt to draw too many conclusions from one game. I'd rather not roll the dice and go with Levitre at LT again if we can avoid it, but so far, so good. I do have more confidence in the left side of the line than I did at this point last week.

YardRat
10-31-2011, 08:53 PM
I'd rather have a healthy Levitre than a 70-80% Bell or Hairston at this point. I was worried about the LT position against Washington, but Andy played much better than I anticipated.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Why does it seem like Bell always gets hurt? Every year he has played it's been something else. Grow a pair and get on the field you puss.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-31-2011, 10:03 PM
hairston will start

Mr Bills
11-01-2011, 12:30 AM
If the Bills Oline can handle guys like Orapko, Osi, Pierre Paul, Seymour, Babin, Hali, then they should have no problems protecting Fitz from Aaron Maybin and friends.

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2011, 08:14 AM
So it looks like Hairston has a better chance of playing then Bell, but neither look promising for the Jets game. I guess I'm not too worried though. I actually forgot that Levitre was even playing LT during the Skins game yesterday so he must have played pretty well. Fitz didn't get killed against a good pass rush and they still ran the ball effectively. So are you guys ok with Levitre starting at LT against the Jets?

Also, Jones has a chance of returning. Kyle Williams is obviously still out, but no mention of Aaron Williams. I'd like to see him get healthy so he can continue getting some experience again.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7175043/demetrius-bell-buffalo-bills-sit-again-bum-shoulder Well other than their offensive line being horrible, Washington actually has a very formidable defense. I was impressed with how Levitre handled himself. I didn't hear Orakpo's name come up all game. I think the Bills would serve themselves best by letting him take the reigns at LT at least until we get Bell back even if Hairston comes back. Hairston is a rookie. I'd rather have a veteran out there facing up against the Jets. JMO

Luisito23
11-01-2011, 08:20 AM
I can't believe how quickly Levitre has turned into an all-pro...

He's an amazing guard, and can hold his own as a LT as well.

He's the best lineman we've had in a decade.

mayotm
11-01-2011, 08:31 AM
bb.com said hairston has a good shot at playing....The only thing I've seen is that Hairston has a better shot of playing than Bell. I have not seen that Hairston has a "good shot" at playing.

mayotm
11-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Most people are focusing on who will play LT Sunday. However, getting Jones back for this week is equaly important.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
The only thing I've seen is that Hairston has a better shot of playing than Bell. I have not seen that Hairston has a "good shot" at playing.

"Hairston, who fared well at left tackle as Bell’s replacement, suffered a severe ankle sprain against the Giants in Week 6, but has recovered quickly and like Jones has a chance to return to the lineup Sunday."

Spiderweb
11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Why does it seem like Bell always gets hurt? Every year he has played it's been something else. Grow a pair and get on the field you puss.

He's kinda resembling another former Bills LT who consistently was banged up, Jonas Jennings......

psubills62
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd much rather have Bell than Hairston against the Jets.

I don't have an issue with Hairston's ability at this point...it's the mental part of the game I'm worried about this week. While teams like Washington simply throw their top pass rushers against your OL, Rex Ryan's scheme is meant to confuse. Some teams like to overpower with talent, other teams rely on blitz schemes. Since the Jets use the latter, I think this is a game where a rookie like Hairston is more apt to be exposed than vets like Bell and maybe Levitre.

That said, I trust Gailey at this point to do a good job preparing the OL.

Oaf
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Levitre to block for Jackson in pro bowl.

http://readallaboutit.com/bills-levitre-jackson

RoscoeMagic
11-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Levitre to block for Jackson in pro bowl.

http://readallaboutit.com/bills-levitre-jackson

Broken link!

mikemac2001
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Broken link!

i think it was fake

RoscoeMagic
11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
i think it was fake

Interesting. A misleading link was what did me in at the BBMB :scratch:

Joke's on me here! :hi5: