PDA

View Full Version : Run defense

psubills62
10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
As the 5 people who have read my column here on BZ the last couple weeks can attest, I've made a point of saying that the Bills' numbers against the run D have not matched what I've seen with my eyes. Especially when you compare our run D this year to last year's.

I apologize if this has been discussed extensively as I've been able to access the internet for maybe a total of 30 minutes in the last 3 days, but I have to give a big :bf1: to our run defense. Even without Kyle Williams, our front 7 came up big and showed why I believed our D was better than the numbers had indicated.

From what I saw of the game (turned it on when Bills were up 10-0, with some time left in 2nd quarter), Spencer Johnson and Dwan Edwards stepped up in a big way. Glad to see that out of the veterans, both in pass rush and run D. 12 runs for 26 yards (2.2) is great to see, no matter the opponent.

BillsOverDolphins
10-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Their performance was very encouraging, no doubt. If they hold up next week against a team that's gutted us the last couple years, i'll be a believer.

psubills62
10-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Their performance was very encouraging, no doubt. If they hold up next week against a team that's gutted us the last couple years, i'll be a believer.
Will be interesting to see how the Jets do coming off of the bye. They really haven't run the ball well in any of their games except the last one (again San Diego).