PDA

View Full Version : Defining Games

Mike
10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Every year, a good team that goes onwards to become great has defining moments and defining games. Games where you see what the team is made off, games that are symbolic of overcoming all odds. The difference between winning and loosing is so small, its so narrow, its literally a game of inches. I believe that this weeks game against the Jets will be a defining moment for this young Bills team. We will find out if they are Contenders or Pretenders, we will know if this season has been a trick or a treat!

happy halloween

RoscoeMagic
10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
No offense but I think someone has said this every week!

The season is still young, the team is still young. We learn more and more everyday.

Go Bills :up:

paranoid
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I think that we have already come a long way towards establishing an identity: gritty, tough, never-say-die, cast-offs, complete with the (admittedly cliched) blue-collar work ethic.

I am so glad that we don't ooze obnoxiousness like the Lion (who are clearly overcompensating after an even worse history of irrelevance than Buffalo), and that we go about our upstart status with some dignity.

It seems that we have already had some defining games towards this collective character. Why put it all on the Jets game and discount the good stuff we earned from earlier ones?

Ed
11-01-2011, 09:39 AM
No offense but I think someone has said this every week!

The season is still young, the team is still young. We learn more and more everyday.

Go Bills :up:
Yeah, every week someone makes a thread about how this game is a true test of if this team is for real or not. Win or lose, I can guarantee that someone will make another thread next week about the significance of beating the Cowboys in Dallas.

Jeff1220
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
This game is a division game against a team that is only a game back, so it is big.
It is also a game against a team with the largest media market in the US, so it is big.
It is also a game against a team that was built and carries itself (Big $$ FA & trades, high profile glamor boys, big-talking coach, etc) in complete contradiction to that of this Bills team (UDFAs, low round picks, confident modesty, high-character, small-market underdogs), so it is big.

...and next week will be big too.

Oaf
11-01-2011, 12:46 PM
So.. the Raiders game wasn't this? And neither was the Patriots?