PDA

View Full Version : Please resign Scott Chandler

DesertFox24
11-02-2011, 09:52 AM
I know Lindell and Pears need to get done, but we have not had a productive TE in over a decade.

Chandler might not be Gates or witten but his catching ability and blocking are very good. He has below average to average speed but his frame and hands make him a guy we have to resign.

Glad to hear Lindell and Pears will get done.

Hopefully we get Jackson extended, Stevie done, and some of the other guys I want to build a team not keep reloading like the chargers.

Chargers had amazing talent and have let a lot of it walk for whatever reason. Hopefully we resign at least our starters and key reserves.

hemi13
11-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I love this guy !

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I thought he is signed through next season?

psubills62
11-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I thought he is signed through next season?
IIRC, he's playing under an RFA tag this year.

rotoworld.com also confirms that he's just signed for this year:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4257/scott-chandler

thenry20
11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd love to have him back but we have other priorities we need to take care of first.

BTW, Chandler is on pace to score 12 TD's this season. I don't think he'll break 500 yards this year but it'd be a shame if he didn't get PB considerations.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
is he ufa next season?

NOT THE DUDE...
11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
pears is the number 1 priority because we can franchise stevie, and we still have jackson for 1 more year. pears allows us to keep our oline intact for 1 more year. hairston will be our lt of the future.

Oaf
11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Pro Bowl? Come on now..

BILLSROCK1212
11-02-2011, 04:44 PM
he's a great red zone TE, but I'd like to see him get more involved earlier on drives

Lexwhat
11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
He's a great Red Zone target, obviously, and does have good rapport with Fitzpatrick.

However, he's no Jason Witten. I'm all for keeping him, but to overpay would make no sense.

jimbohastle51
11-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I know Lindell and Pears need to get done, but we have not had a productive TE in over a decade.

Chandler might not be Gates or witten but his catching ability and blocking are very good. He has below average to average speed but his frame and hands make him a guy we have to resign.

Glad to hear Lindell and Pears will get done.

Hopefully we get Jackson extended, Stevie done, and some of the other guys I want to build a team not keep reloading like the chargers.

Chargers had amazing talent and have let a lot of it walk for whatever reason. Hopefully we resign at least our starters and key reserves.

Chandler will be a fairly easy re-sign. the reason he was so overlooked is because he is not a quick or fast TE. This is most of the reason he has been overlooked some much coming out of college till now BUT what covers his lack of speed up is this spread offense! inside 20 yards he doesn't have to be fast to score, he just has to find little holes and run crisp routes and get close to open (with his size he doesn't need 2-3 yards of separation to make a play) in or near the end zone. our offense is about the only type of offense he will ever be more than a blocking TE in. Him and his agent know this and if they want starting TE money then they know he needs to stay right at home in Buffalo.