PDA

View Full Version : Bills find a gem in Barnett

justasportsfan
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM
"It definitely is satisfying. I was just talking to my wife [Amanda] the other night, and we were just talking about how blessed we are to be in this situation. Going from being released from a team to being in a place to where you can flourish as a player and have such a great support group here in this locker room, I'm really blessed to have this opportunity to be here and be a part of this team," Barnett said. "These fans are awesome. I couldn't expect a better place to be."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article616530.ece

thenry20
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Winning does that. But I'm sure deep down he's still a bit resentful that he's no longer part of a team that's on their way back to the playoffs already and possibly another SB berth.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I remember reading that Barnett was angry that he wasn't asked to be in the Packers' super bowl picture. Anybody know if he got a ring?

The last buffalo fan
11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I remember reading that Barnett was angry that he wasn't asked to be in the Packers' super bowl picture. Anybody know if he got a ring?

Not really, but hopefully he'll get one soon. :gobills:

Luisito23
11-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Barnett does have a ring, he was on IR, but was still part of the team at the time.

ublinkwescore
11-02-2011, 07:58 PM
if we play green bay in the superbowl, he will be playing angry, that could be a good thing.

stuckincincy
11-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Rob Johnson has a SB ring... :;:

Jan Reimers
11-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Rob Johnson has a SB ring... :;:
And well-deserved. He did a nice job with the clipboard.

better days
11-03-2011, 09:21 AM
I posted before that I saw an interview Barnett did on NFL Network. It was a great interview very positive about Buffalo, the team & City.

I posted that Barnett was very funny in that interview & I thought he would be a great guy in the locker room. George Wilson confirmed my thoughts in this article.

I think the Bills did very well this offseason with the moves they made. Barnett is far better than Pozluzney & Wilson is far better than Whitner. Also, Urbic & Pears look like good additions to the OL.

methos4ever
11-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I posted before that I saw an interview Barnett did on NFL Network. It was a great interview very positive about Buffalo, the team & City.

I posted that Barnett was very funny in that interview & I thought he would be a great guy in the locker room. George Wilson confirmed my thoughts in this article.

I think the Bills did very well this offseason with the moves they made. Barnett is far better than Pozluzney & Wilson is far better than Whitner. Also, Urbic & Pears look like good additions to the OL.
And money aside these guys appreciate getting the chance. Like Fitz said in his post-contract press conference, the money to them is respect. For the guys we brought in, we're now showing them if you get a shot and you produce, we'll pay you, but do so fairly. Poz got life-changing money from Jax and I'm glad he did. But I'm even happier we picked up Nick.