PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bills really alive in November

justasportsfan
11-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves because, after all, this is Buffalo and you know what happens in Buffalo right when you start believing in Buffalo. The Bills are approaching the midpoint of their regular season with a 5-2 record. Their 23-0 win over Washington was their most complete game in years.

So brace yourself for a collapse.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article616513.ece

BillsOverDolphins
11-02-2011, 12:32 PM
A win this week and we'll be alive in December too.

better days
11-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I thought the Chiefs game was a complete game by the Bills & the Chiefs look much better than they did against the Bills & Lions.

Maybe Buffalo & Detroit are good enough this year to make teams look worse than they are.

Skooby
11-02-2011, 12:50 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AdQo6phCMAAAYSC.jpg

stuckincincy
11-02-2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article616513.ece

Well - the next sentences were:

..."Relax, folks, that was a joke.

If anything, it's time to get serious."...

Shame on you. :earpoke:

justasportsfan
11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Well - the next sentences were:

..."Relax, folks, that was a joke.

If anything, it's time to get serious."...

Shame on you. :earpoke:

:snicker:

I figured that OP wouldn't be posting much this week so I wanted to add a little "realist" vibe into the thread.

psubills62
11-02-2011, 02:43 PM
It's easy for 11 of the 16 teams in the AFC to have winning records when two AFC teams are throwing every game they can on their way to 32 total losses.

The key is when the 4-3 teams start playing each other. All the Bills need to do is continue to win and we'll be fine.

As I mentioned in the schedule thread, the teams we've played are 27-15 outside of games against Buffalo, while our upcoming opponents are 22-37. We still get to play the Dolphins twice while most other teams have already beat up on the Colts or Dolphins once.

jamze132
11-03-2011, 07:47 AM
It's easy for 11 of the 16 teams in the AFC to have winning records when two AFC teams are throwing every game they can on their way to 32 total losses.

The key is when the 4-3 teams start playing each other. All the Bills need to do is continue to win and we'll be fine.

As I mentioned in the schedule thread, the teams we've played are 27-15 outside of games against Buffalo, while our upcoming opponents are 22-37. We still get to play the Dolphins twice while most other teams have already beat up on the Colts or Dolphins once.
We'll have to play the Dolphins when they start putting it together which will make it much more interesting and scary than it needs to be.

PTI
11-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Bills dominated, but was it really a complete game? The Redskins were really, really bad. The Bills did not pass the ball downfield at all. The Bills commited a few turnovers on offense, and had a missed FG. I am nitpicking, but this game was far from complete to me. At least 15 of the completed passes of the 21 had to be within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. If this was a complete game, it really could have and have been 40-0 then. To me the Redskins sucked horribly and Bills played average.

psubills62
11-03-2011, 08:49 AM
We'll have to play the Dolphins when they start putting it together which will make it much more interesting and scary than it needs to be.
Dolphins can put it together all they want, they're still a bad team. And honestly...if we lose, there is upside that the Dolphins are that much less likely to get Luck (though note that I'm not rooting for the Dolphins to beat us in any way, just realizing the upside of it).