PDA

View Full Version : The Jets are healthy

ghz in pittsburgh
11-02-2011, 12:55 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/11/02/jets-practice-update-4/

I still think it will be really tough for the Bills when the Jets are coming off a bye. They probably have the extra time to go over what they can out of Shawn Nelson and Maybin.

The Bill should be able to get some basic info out of Brad Smith, but it's the Jets D that I'm worried about. If they are able to harness Jackson, it could be an ugly game.

mayotm
11-02-2011, 12:57 PM

I still think it will be really tough for the Bills when the Jets are coming off a bye. They probably have the extra time to go over what they can out of Shawn Nelson and Maybin.

The Bill should be able to get some basic info out of Brad Smith, but it's the Jets D that I'm worried about. If they are able to harness Jackson, it could be an ugly game.Of all the things I'm worried about going into this game, I'm not worried at all about what the Jets get from Nelson and Maybin from a game planning perspective.

psubills62
11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Bills are primed to win this game, in my opinion. Jets are certainly dangerous, but even when healthy they are a slightly above average team.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I hate the jinx the Bills but I'm not really worried like I have been in the past. I think the Bills are going to come out and play a good game. They know they need to win this game and they will have the 12th man to help energize them.

B-DON
11-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Teams don't get the extra time to work in pads during the bye weeks anymore so I don't think that's a big advantage for them

ddaryl
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Teams don't get the extra time to work in pads during the bye weeks anymore so I don't think that's a big advantage for them

but they can spend an extra week going over game tapes and putting together a game plan

trapezeus
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
but they can spend an extra week going over game tapes and putting together a game plan

if they so choose on their own. the team can't make them and can't have them at the facility.

BillsOverDolphins
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Hopefully rex continues his trend of ****ting the bed after the bye week.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
The bye week is really meant for the coaches than anything else. Players just got healthy.

I know whatever Nelson and Maybin provided is small. But with the extra time they had, I bet they could have a couple of "that's why they did it this way" moments of studying Bills plays with maybe the slightest suggestions from the ex-Bills.

psubills62
11-02-2011, 02:34 PM
The bye week is really meant for the coaches than anything else. Players just got healthy.

I know whatever Nelson and Maybin provided is small. But with the extra time they had, I bet they could have a couple of "that's why they did it this way" moments of studying Bills plays with maybe the slightest suggestions from the ex-Bills.
I'd trust the Bills' coaches at this point more than Rex Ryan and company.

ParanoidAndroid
11-02-2011, 06:37 PM
The only thing they might get from Shawn is a little insight into the language or signals.
The plays aren't going to be anything new. There's enough tape out there to know what kinds of things the Bills do.
I'm sure the coaching staff isn't that dumb.

cpearl
11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, similarly, we just had our bye week and then a very easy game against WASH.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2011, 07:55 PM

what is your deal? why do you think nelson knows anything about this offense? he was never in the facility. he was always hurt. nelson wouldn't be able to give the jets anything important about the offense.

BILLSROCK1212
11-02-2011, 08:11 PM
by no means will this game be easy and by no means am i expecting one, but i'm hoping for one

CuseJetsFan83
11-03-2011, 12:03 AM
and even when the jets were "better' than the bills they came to the meadowlands and won the game that sanchez and company had what 6 picks or something like that to lose in overtime.

i have a feeling it will be close like any other divisional game.

but if its going to be special teams to decide the game, at the moment the jets have the edge there

Slim
11-03-2011, 12:55 AM
and even when the jets were "better' than the bills they came to the meadowlands and won the game that sanchez and company had what 6 picks or something like that to lose in overtime.

i have a feeling it will be close like any other divisional game.

but if its going to be special teams to decide the game, at the moment the jets have the edge there

I feel the same way. I feel like it'll be a close game that will come down to a big play (special teams play, turnover). The Jet's haven't played to their full capability yet.

CuseJetsFan83
11-03-2011, 01:10 AM
I feel the same way. I feel like it'll be a close game that will come down to a big play (special teams play, turnover). The Jet's haven't played to their full capability yet.

the only game i would disagree with was the jacksonville 32-3 game we had. then again jax was so god awful.

win lose or tie i just want a close game.....

Slim
11-03-2011, 01:21 AM
the only game i would disagree with was the jacksonville 32-3 game we had. then again jax was so god awful.

win lose or tie i just want a close game.....

I feel like if its a close game the Bills will win. If only beacuse we will be able to give the rock to Fred Jackson as much as possible and the beacuse we are at home. If the Jets can manage a decent lead in the game and force Fitz to make plays, I see the Jets running away with it.

Night Train
11-03-2011, 04:39 AM

The Bill should be able to get some basic info out of Brad Smith, but it's the Jets D that I'm worried about. If they are able to harness Jackson, it could be an ugly game.

I guess you didn't see the Pats & Eagles game, where they destroyed us " on paper " , prior to the actual game.

We could very well lose but it won't be due to being intimidated or folding tent, like the Jauron teams and others prior. Those days are gone.

Luisito23
11-03-2011, 07:05 AM

I heard on the radio today that they were practicing on pads, and were going about like it was training camp.

I'm still not worried though.