X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The Jets are healthy

I still think it will be really tough for the Bills when the Jets are coming off a bye. They probably have the extra time to go over what they can out of Shawn Nelson and Maybin.

The Bill should be able to get some basic info out of Brad Smith, but it's the Jets D that I'm worried about. If they are able to harness Jackson, it could be an ugly game.
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: The Jets are healthy

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/1...tice-update-4/

I still think it will be really tough for the Bills when the Jets are coming off a bye. They probably have the extra time to go over what they can out of Shawn Nelson and Maybin.

The Bill should be able to get some basic info out of Brad Smith, but it's the Jets D that I'm worried about. If they are able to harness Jackson, it could be an ugly game.
    Of all the things I'm worried about going into this game, I'm not worried at all about what the Jets get from Nelson and Maybin from a game planning perspective.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Bills are primed to win this game, in my opinion. Jets are certainly dangerous, but even when healthy they are a slightly above average team.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

I hate the jinx the Bills but I'm not really worried like I have been in the past. I think the Bills are going to come out and play a good game. They know they need to win this game and they will have the 12th man to help energize them.

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

Teams don't get the extra time to work in pads during the bye weeks anymore so I don't think that's a big advantage for them

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
            Teams don't get the extra time to work in pads during the bye weeks anymore so I don't think that's a big advantage for them
            but they can spend an extra week going over game tapes and putting together a game plan

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
              but they can spend an extra week going over game tapes and putting together a game plan
              if they so choose on their own. the team can't make them and can't have them at the facility.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                chop chop
                • Jun 2003

Hopefully rex continues his trend of ****ting the bed after the bye week.
                Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

The bye week is really meant for the coaches than anything else. Players just got healthy.

I know whatever Nelson and Maybin provided is small. But with the extra time they had, I bet they could have a couple of "that's why they did it this way" moments of studying Bills plays with maybe the slightest suggestions from the ex-Bills.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

The bye week is really meant for the coaches than anything else. Players just got healthy.

I know whatever Nelson and Maybin provided is small. But with the extra time they had, I bet they could have a couple of "that's why they did it this way" moments of studying Bills plays with maybe the slightest suggestions from the ex-Bills.
                    I'd trust the Bills' coaches at this point more than Rex Ryan and company.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

The only thing they might get from Shawn is a little insight into the language or signals.
                      The plays aren't going to be anything new. There's enough tape out there to know what kinds of things the Bills do.
                      I'm sure the coaching staff isn't that dumb.

Comment

• cpearl
                        • Mar 2005

Well, similarly, we just had our bye week and then a very easy game against WASH.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

what is your deal? why do you think nelson knows anything about this offense? he was never in the facility. he was always hurt. nelson wouldn't be able to give the jets anything important about the offense.
                          Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-02-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                            !?!?!?!?!?
                            • Mar 2006

by no means will this game be easy and by no means am i expecting one, but i'm hoping for one

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                              Closet Bills Fan
                              • Nov 2004

and even when the jets were "better' than the bills they came to the meadowlands and won the game that sanchez and company had what 6 picks or something like that to lose in overtime.

i have a feeling it will be close like any other divisional game.

but if its going to be special teams to decide the game, at the moment the jets have the edge there

j-e-t-s
                              jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

Working...
                              X