PDA

View Full Version : Maybin jokes

psubills62
11-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Fire away on this tweet from Joe Buscaglia:

The wait for the Aaron Maybin conference call is now at 20 minutes.

I'm guessing he's still trying to turn the corner :idunno:

psubills62
11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Did they put a quarterback in the phone room? He's having a hard time finding it.

hydro
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
The only way to get on the conference call is to perform a inside pass rushing move.

Mski
11-02-2011, 02:55 PM
He didnt understand the diagram showing him how to make the call

psubills62
11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
He ran into an intern outside and couldn't help but do a celebratory dance.

Mski
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
He ran into an intern outside and couldn't help getting pancaked.fixed :up:

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-03-2011, 05:14 AM
The best thing about Maybin and basically the media is that it seems they all think he has been to the Pro Bowl and has turned a corner because he actually sacked the quarterback.

RedEyE
11-03-2011, 07:13 AM
The wait for the Aaron Maybin conference call is now at 20 minutes.

A 3 year old and a parapalegic midget are playing keep away with his cell phone.

stuckincincy
11-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Maybin went into a White Castle and ordered a sack of sliders. Clerk said "OK - go out by the door and I'll turn my back, and you can come get your sack."

sdbillsfan2
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
he still in his street clothes, phone off, yelling .."can ya hear me now ? "

ServoBillieves
11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I have a great joke for you

"With the 11th pick, the Buffalo Bills select backup LB Aaron Maybin"

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Here's a funny one: Maybin has more sacks than anyone else on the bills except Dareus despite playing only four games.

sdbillsfan2
11-03-2011, 11:20 AM
I have a great joke for you

"With the 11th pick, the Buffalo Bills select backup LB Aaron Maybin"

ehhhhhh , better then a sack of White Castles , but not as funny as can ya hear me now ! lol now that was funny. j/k :laughing:

ServoBillieves
11-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Here's a funny one: Maybin has more sacks than anyone else on the bills except Dareus despite playing only four games.

If you're going to come in, show some respect and hit that shift button when typing Bills. I agree that Maybin is doing a great job in garbage time coming off the edge, forcing fumbles, and he's doing a FANTASTIC job helping the Jets lose 3 games where the Bills have lost 2.

Last time I checked, the Bills beat the Raiders... The Jets did t... oh wait, no, they were MOPPED with the Raiders.

I hate feeding trolls, I know I'll get a really lame response to this, but flame away, talk to me after Sunday and we'll see where we are.

For the record, "Maybin's Revenge" is cute, because it implies that a first round draft pick's only goal in life is to make the team that made him a millionaire for doing absolutely NOTHING lose and that fulfills his purpose in the NFL. I really wish he was flipping ****ing burgers right now.

Bulldog
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Take a look at the standings. Scoreboard b i t c h! Now that's funny.

sdbillsfan2
11-03-2011, 11:37 AM

And next year ? maybe "Maybe" will be going back to his old job !!!

http://fav.me/d2na7t9

Where do you think he ended up after Rex"Toes" Ryan cut him the first time ?

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
What we have here is a Bills fan base in utter denial about Maybin. This denial is a defense mechanism used to salve the humiliation of releasing a 23-year-old kid who has found success with a hated division rival.

Right now, Bills fans are in the midst of a well-known three-stage process.

The first stage is denial, where fans claim that Maybin’s performance is an aberration, the product of serendipity, or some other rare circumstance unlikely to be repeated. Examples of these explanations are, “Maybin didn’t beat any good tackles for his sacks” and “Maybin got coverage sacks.” Others concede the sacks and forced fumbles but maintain that getting rid of Maybin was still a smart move because, they argue, he’s “too small,” “not an every-down player,” and “can’t play the run.”

The second stage is anger. This develops when fans start coming to grips with the reality that they’ve been had. Initially, the anger will be directed at Maybin, himself, in the form of charges that he “wasn’t trying" with the bills. But then, invariably, it will wind up targeted at coaches and management for failing to use Maybin properly. As a general rule, the transition from denial to anger is slow and difficult because it requires a painful admission of failure and concomitant embarrassment. And in this case, it’s especially embarrassing because the Bills lost a very young player (23) to a hated division rival from the same general area. But as the player continues to play at a high level, it becomes impossible to deny.

The third stage is acceptance and regret. This is where fans come to accept that the team screwed up and lost a serviceable young player through a stupid decision.

Right now, most bills fans are still in the denial stage, only a scant few having progressed to anger. But there's no rush. Each Bills fan must make the journey at his own pace.

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Take a look at the standings. Scoreboard b i t c h! Now that's funny.

The standings? You act as if you're four games ahead with four to play. You're up one game with nine left.

The Bills have a good team, but there's a long, long way to go.

OpIv37
11-03-2011, 12:01 PM
what stage is it where the troll who roots for another team comes in prematurely talking **** about a player who made 3 good plays before eventually realizing the player is worthless trash and begging that his teams' FO makes the same decision that the Bills did and cut him?

justasportsfan
11-03-2011, 12:02 PM
The first stage is denial, You can deny that Sanchez blows all you want

The second stage is anger. Id' be pissed to if I had Sanchez

The third stage is acceptance and regret. This is where fans come to accept that the team screwed up and lost a serviceable young player through a stupid decision. you'll have to accept that Sanchez will NEVER be a franchise qb

Right now, most bills fans are still in the denial stage, only a scant few having progressed to anger. But there's no rush. Each Bills fan must make the journey at his own pace.I can see the anger of jets fans grow once the blls make the playoffs and jets dont

You're probably on stage 10 when it come to Sanchez.

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 12:03 PM
what stage is it where the troll who roots for another team comes in prematurely talking **** about a player who made 3 good plays before eventually realizing the player is worthless trash and begging that his teams' FO makes the same decision that the Bills did and cut him?

In time, this anger will be directed at Nix and Gailey, where it belongs.

psubills62
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I think MR is in denial that his own team cut the dude at one point.

Mski
In time, this anger will be directed at Nix and Gailey, where it belongs.why would it, they're not the ones who wasted a early 1st round pick on the bum

trapezeus
jets almost lost to miami if not for Revis getting away with Pass interference and returning the touchdown. they punted for every possession in the first half.

maybin only works in new jersey because your secondary is fairly strong. so his great circle routes to the QB actually work.

Keep in mind the bills cut him because they probably didn't see much from him in practice. i'm pretty sure the bills know how to defend maybin with a running back or even an injured roscoe parrish at this point.

I like your screen name of Maybin's revenge. it's a little but more on point than you DHenderson name you had there for a while.

OpIv37
11-03-2011, 12:08 PM

I have plenty of anger for Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron for drafting this POS in the first place. That's where the anger belongs.

In time, you will be angry at Nix and Gailey, because if they didn't cut him you wouldn't have to deal with Maybin's worthless ass.

sdbillsfan2
11-03-2011, 12:09 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/bzstyle2/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=3556049) <hr style="color: rgb(243, 243, 255);" size="1"> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by OpIv37
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Aww ...now ya gone and done it !......... you dare to question the power of the "OP" ????
oh well ..you've been warned ! sic em OP !!!! :chair:

psubills62
11-03-2011, 12:49 PM
From John Butchko of GangGreenNation:

Now of the three sacks, two were coverage sacks and the other only required him to get off a cut block thrown by a running back.

OpIv37
11-03-2011, 12:57 PM
oh and to get back to the original topic:

The reason Maybin was late for the conference call is because he didn't want to tie up the phone line in case Puff Daddy was trying to call him to offer him a record deal for his rap music. Mayhem Maybin!

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
jets almost lost to miami

Yes, they almost lost by winning 24-6.

maybin only works in new jersey because your secondary is fairly strong. so his great circle routes to the QB actually work.

These are the kinds of excuses that I mentioned above. They'll all come undone in time.

Keep in mind the bills cut him because they probably didn't see much from him in practice.

This may be true, and it's a notorious mistake. Why? Because practice is practice and games are games. Chad Pennington is a prime example. Pennington sat on the bench behind a truly awful Vinny Testaverde for 2.5 years even though he was a #1 pick. He was declared a bust by nearly everyone. In fact, had Testaverde not been injured during a game in 2002, Pennington may well have never gotten off the bench. Why? Because Pennington was a terrible practice player. He had a mediocre arm that paled in comparison to Testaverde's. Nor was he very mobile. But once he got into an actual game, the true talent of Pennington--his ability to read coverage, adjust on the fly, manage the game, and deliver accurate balls--became apparent.

i'm pretty sure the bills know how to defend maybin with a running back or even an injured roscoe parrish at this point.

Well, the great thing about sports is that talk can last only so long. By Sunday afternoon, we'll know. But it's not about the Bills, really. It's about the help that Maybin will bring for the rest of the season and beyond.

I like your screen name of Maybin's revenge.

Thanks, man.

trapezeus
11-03-2011, 03:17 PM
24-6. 9 punts in a row. went into the halftime without being able to move the ball at all. Miami quit as they seem frustrated that their gameplan was there to beat the jets, but execution was lacking. if you didn't see that in the game, you may need a football tutorial.

just like the bills 23-0 beat down of the redskins was a little disheartening. the need more consistenancy. it's just that they played a bad team that it was covered up nicely. This week may be no different. The bills face an offense that struggles unless the defense is chipping in. And the jets defense isn't what it used to be.

DynaPaul
11-03-2011, 08:19 PM
One thing I'm confident in saying is that none of us will regret Maybin being cut. Believe me, this guy is a 2nd stringer at best.

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 08:42 PM
One thing I'm confident in saying is that none of us will regret Maybin being cut. Believe me, this guy is a 2nd stringer at best.

So what? For the sake or argument, let's assume it's true that Maybin is only a situational player. If a 23-year-old kid can get 6-8 sacks a year playing only 10-12 snaps a game in obvious passing situations, is that not worth a roster spot? Before last week's eruption, the Bills had four sacks through six games. Was their pass rush so good that they didn't have a roster spot for a guy who could get even 6-8 sacks a season in a limited role?

Pass rushing is the most valued trait in football after quarterbacking and cover skills. Why? Because so few guys can do it successfully and because it's amazingly disruptive to quarterbacks. So when you find a guy who can do it---even a guy who might not be good at some other things---you keep him and let him do what he does best.

Philagape
11-03-2011, 09:55 PM
20 minutes .... about how long a play has to last for him to get a sack.

ServoBillieves
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
The absolute best part of this whole thing is that every article I've read refers to Maybust as "a situational pass rusher". Who cares if he's getting worthless sacks, he will NEVER break his bust title because first round players are supposed to be every down game changers. He's played to the level of impressuve 6th rounder so far.

I'm in denial, though, because MR is a psychiatrist from NY. AKA a moron.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2011, 10:19 PM
What we have here is a Bills fan base in utter denial about Maybin. This denial is a defense mechanism used to salve the humiliation of releasing a 23-year-old kid who has found success with a hated division rival.

Right now, Bills fans are in the midst of a well-known three-stage process.

The first stage is denial, where fans claim that Maybin’s performance is an aberration, the product of serendipity, or some other rare circumstance unlikely to be repeated. Examples of these explanations are, “Maybin didn’t beat any good tackles for his sacks” and “Maybin got coverage sacks.” Others concede the sacks and forced fumbles but maintain that getting rid of Maybin was still a smart move because, they argue, he’s “too small,” “not an every-down player,” and “can’t play the run.”

The second stage is anger. This develops when fans start coming to grips with the reality that they’ve been had. Initially, the anger will be directed at Maybin, himself, in the form of charges that he “wasn’t trying" with the bills. But then, invariably, it will wind up targeted at coaches and management for failing to use Maybin properly. As a general rule, the transition from denial to anger is slow and difficult because it requires a painful admission of failure and concomitant embarrassment. And in this case, it’s especially embarrassing because the Bills lost a very young player (23) to a hated division rival from the same general area. But as the player continues to play at a high level, it becomes impossible to deny.

The third stage is acceptance and regret. This is where fans come to accept that the team screwed up and lost a serviceable young player through a stupid decision.

Right now, most bills fans are still in the denial stage, only a scant few having progressed to anger. But there's no rush. Each Bills fan must make the journey at his own pace.

Playing catch the quarterback on 3rd down doesn't make him good. you're a maroon. i think you may actually be aaron maybin. i don't believe even the dumbest jets fan would come on to a Bills message board and claim him to be the next coming of lets say...James Harrison. Pathetic.

MikeInRoch
11-03-2011, 10:21 PM
... with a hated division rival ...

Your team is far, far down the hate list behind the other two division rivals.

Perhaps it's the legacy of your team being irrelevant.

Crisis
11-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah I really don't hate the Jets.

Their fans are pretty stupid though. Rex Ryan can be pretty annoying, but he's just that little kid running around for attention that you stop taking seriously.