This is the first of the two most important games of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

This is the first of the two most important games of the year.

If the Bills want to make the playoffs, they will have to split the games with the Jets.

Getting swept by the Jets will kill us this year, if you look at the rest of their schedule, the Jets will probably get to 10 or 11 wins. The Ravens and Steelers will make the playoffs, that leaves one wildcard team for the AFCE

either we win the division or take the wildcard from the Jets/Patriots.

The only way either of those happens is if we can beat the Jets atleast 1 time this year.

So strap yourself in, we're already at a crucial point in the season. I'm loving it, it's been far too long since i could look forward to a critical game on a playoff run. While i think the bills are overmatched, that just makes it more fun to anticipate the result. because if there is one thing this team has done correctly its exceed expectations.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: This is the first of the two most important games of the year.

Yeah I've been saying for a bit now that the wild card will come from the AFC North and the AFC East. From what I can see, it's either us or the Jets. The Jets have a pretty easy schedule remaining, but ours isn't exactly a brick wall either.

It's definitely an important game and I think the team realizes it as much as the fans do. Considering how badly the Jets humiliated us last year, I imagine there will be extra motivation for Buffalo in this game. JMO.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

12th man needs to come alive stronger than ever on sunday

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

Let's not forget we have to fight the Bengals for that wild card. WTF is this, 1989?

We have to beat the Jets.
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        also cheese

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

The Ralph is going to be rocking on Sunday. Should be a great game. We need to get ahead early and keep the crowd in it.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            If the Bills want to make the playoffs, they will have to split the games with the Jets.

Getting swept by the Jets will kill us this year, if you look at the rest of their schedule, the Jets will probably get to 10 or 11 wins. The Ravens and Steelers will make the playoffs, that leaves one wildcard team for the AFCE

either we win the division or take the wildcard from the Jets/Patriots.

The only way either of those happens is if we can beat the Jets atleast 1 time this year.

So strap yourself in, we're already at a crucial point in the season. I'm loving it, it's been far too long since i could look forward to a critical game on a playoff run. While i think the bills are overmatched, that just makes it more fun to anticipate the result. because if there is one thing this team has done correctly its exceed expectations.
            This topic looks vaguely familiar.

I agree whole-heartedly though. We have to win this game cause i dont see us winning in ny on the ass end of a 3 game roadie.
            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

It also hurts worse when we lose.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I'm going to do my part.

I'll be close enough to the Jets sidelines to pelt Rex with rice cakes.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Then Dallas becomes our most important game, and then Miami, and then the Jets again, and then. . .

Every win is huge, and every loss is devastating in a 16 game season.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Stewie
                    Let's not forget we have to fight the Bengals for that wild card. WTF is this, 1989?

We have to beat the Jets.
                    CIN still faces 4 games vs. PIT and BAL, HOU at home and TEN on the road.

3 of their final 4 games are at home - but Marvin has a reputation of fading in the stretch...
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

I agree that this game is important - that's probably why it scared me so...
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

this is the cushion game. it's a huge swing. if the bills win, thats two games between them and the jets. and depending on how badly the bills win, the jets could implode.

I live in NY and know everyone thinks the jets are back on track. i've watched the last two games. they look like a powerhouse team in decline. they look like they expect to win, but are stunned when they just don't have it.

To be fair, i think the dolphins are the better team. they just have quit in them. they miss plays and then get down on themselves. they are leaving plays on the field. the jets are not. they are only getting into games because of other teams mistakes. Sanchez is still awful.

I am more worried about losing to the dolphins than i am about losing to the jets. the only wildcard is that the jets were on their bye.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I agree, this is a must win. The Bills don't want to be in a position where they have to go to Jersey and win a football game, not that a sweep wouldn't be terrific. Regarding the notion that the Bills are overmatched; yeah that might be the case, but execution is a tremendous variable in the game of football. There have been seasons when New England beat a lot of teams that were theoretically more talented on paper, but Bill Belichick teams always seemed to out execute their opponents. There is plenty of precedent for the Bills being able to beat teams that have more athleticism. Conversely, has there ever been a Norv Turner coached team that didn't underachieve?
                          Last edited by TigerJ; 11-03-2011, 11:48 AM.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Maybin's Revenge
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            To be fair, i think the dolphins are the better team. they just have quit in them. they miss plays and then get down on themselves. they are leaving plays on the field. the jets are not. they are only getting into games because of other teams mistakes.
                            And there goes your credibility.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Every win from here on out in the AFC is a must win.

We will not make the playoffs, as a Bills fan I absolutely cannot pretend this young, inexperienced team will make the playoffs. Fitzy is the deal, Jackson NEEDS a deal, Stevie along the way, and just an impressive group effort otherwise.

We face the Fish twice, the Jests twice, and the Pats one more time. We also face the Cowboys, Broncos, and Titans. If we win those "should wins" that's only 9 wins, but if we can beat the Jets just once, that puts us at 10.

My problem? If the Fish beat us. If the Dolphins beat us, then I really have no more faith in this team. In years past this team has been expected to fail, but if this AWFUL Miami team can beat us, that's game over. Cinci will fade out, SD will fade out, we'll see where it goes from here...
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X