PDA

View Full Version : This is the first of the two most important games of the year.

Ingtar33
11-02-2011, 06:50 PM
If the Bills want to make the playoffs, they will have to split the games with the Jets.

Getting swept by the Jets will kill us this year, if you look at the rest of their schedule, the Jets will probably get to 10 or 11 wins. The Ravens and Steelers will make the playoffs, that leaves one wildcard team for the AFCE

either we win the division or take the wildcard from the Jets/Patriots.

The only way either of those happens is if we can beat the Jets atleast 1 time this year.

So strap yourself in, we're already at a crucial point in the season. I'm loving it, it's been far too long since i could look forward to a critical game on a playoff run. While i think the bills are overmatched, that just makes it more fun to anticipate the result. because if there is one thing this team has done correctly its exceed expectations.

psubills62
11-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah I've been saying for a bit now that the wild card will come from the AFC North and the AFC East. From what I can see, it's either us or the Jets. The Jets have a pretty easy schedule remaining, but ours isn't exactly a brick wall either.

It's definitely an important game and I think the team realizes it as much as the fans do. Considering how badly the Jets humiliated us last year, I imagine there will be extra motivation for Buffalo in this game. JMO.

DrGraves
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
12th man needs to come alive stronger than ever on sunday

Stewie
11-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Let's not forget we have to fight the Bengals for that wild card. WTF is this, 1989?

We have to beat the Jets.

Slim
11-02-2011, 08:51 PM
The Ralph is going to be rocking on Sunday. Should be a great game. We need to get ahead early and keep the crowd in it.

BillsOverDolphins
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM
If the Bills want to make the playoffs, they will have to split the games with the Jets.

Getting swept by the Jets will kill us this year, if you look at the rest of their schedule, the Jets will probably get to 10 or 11 wins. The Ravens and Steelers will make the playoffs, that leaves one wildcard team for the AFCE

The only way either of those happens is if we can beat the Jets atleast 1 time this year.

So strap yourself in, we're already at a crucial point in the season. I'm loving it, it's been far too long since i could look forward to a critical game on a playoff run. While i think the bills are overmatched, that just makes it more fun to anticipate the result. because if there is one thing this team has done correctly its exceed expectations.

This topic looks vaguely familiar.

I agree whole-heartedly though. We have to win this game cause i dont see us winning in ny on the ass end of a 3 game roadie.

jamze132
11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
It also hurts worse when we lose.

Night Train
11-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm going to do my part.

I'll be close enough to the Jets sidelines to pelt Rex with rice cakes.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Then Dallas becomes our most important game, and then Miami, and then the Jets again, and then. . .

Every win is huge, and every loss is devastating in a 16 game season.

stuckincincy
11-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Let's not forget we have to fight the Bengals for that wild card. WTF is this, 1989?

We have to beat the Jets.

CIN still faces 4 games vs. PIT and BAL, HOU at home and TEN on the road.

3 of their final 4 games are at home - but Marvin has a reputation of fading in the stretch...

MikeInRoch
11-03-2011, 08:19 AM
I agree that this game is important - that's probably why it scared me so...

trapezeus
11-03-2011, 08:34 AM
this is the cushion game. it's a huge swing. if the bills win, thats two games between them and the jets. and depending on how badly the bills win, the jets could implode.

I live in NY and know everyone thinks the jets are back on track. i've watched the last two games. they look like a powerhouse team in decline. they look like they expect to win, but are stunned when they just don't have it.

To be fair, i think the dolphins are the better team. they just have quit in them. they miss plays and then get down on themselves. they are leaving plays on the field. the jets are not. they are only getting into games because of other teams mistakes. Sanchez is still awful.

I am more worried about losing to the dolphins than i am about losing to the jets. the only wildcard is that the jets were on their bye.

TigerJ
11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree, this is a must win. The Bills don't want to be in a position where they have to go to Jersey and win a football game, not that a sweep wouldn't be terrific. Regarding the notion that the Bills are overmatched; yeah that might be the case, but execution is a tremendous variable in the game of football. There have been seasons when New England beat a lot of teams that were theoretically more talented on paper, but Bill Belichick teams always seemed to out execute their opponents. There is plenty of precedent for the Bills being able to beat teams that have more athleticism. Conversely, has there ever been a Norv Turner coached team that didn't underachieve?

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 01:14 PM
To be fair, i think the dolphins are the better team. they just have quit in them. they miss plays and then get down on themselves. they are leaving plays on the field. the jets are not. they are only getting into games because of other teams mistakes.

And there goes your credibility.

ServoBillieves
11-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Every win from here on out in the AFC is a must win.

We will not make the playoffs, as a Bills fan I absolutely cannot pretend this young, inexperienced team will make the playoffs. Fitzy is the deal, Jackson NEEDS a deal, Stevie along the way, and just an impressive group effort otherwise.

We face the Fish twice, the Jests twice, and the Pats one more time. We also face the Cowboys, Broncos, and Titans. If we win those "should wins" that's only 9 wins, but if we can beat the Jets just once, that puts us at 10.

My problem? If the Fish beat us. If the Dolphins beat us, then I really have no more faith in this team. In years past this team has been expected to fail, but if this AWFUL Miami team can beat us, that's game over. Cinci will fade out, SD will fade out, we'll see where it goes from here...

TigerJ
11-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I think it could be noted that it was the Bills' win over the Patriots that made this such an important win. If the Bills lose to the Brady bunch, then they're already behind the eight ball in the chase for the playoffs and we're starting to figure out who we can draft as the QB of the future for the Bills. Of course, all of the wins have helped, but New England was the biggest before this weekend.

Ingtar33
11-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Then Dallas becomes our most important game, and then Miami, and then the Jets again, and then. . .

Every win is huge, and every loss is devastating in a 16 game season.

there is truth to this, however, the Jets games are tiebreaker games. At the end of the season it's these games that decide which of the 10-11 win teams go to the playoffs and which ones stay home.

While winning one or both of the jets games won't guarentee us the playoffs, the math starts to look really bleak if we lose both of them. It will be really hard to win any tie breakers if we can't at least split with them. It's not just with the Jets but in the conference as a whole.

Meanwhile we can pretty much bury the jets and most AFC teams in many tie breakers as long as we can manage a split with them.

So these two games are a little more important for us then any game against Dallas. the Giants or Eagles ever will be.

DraftBoy
11-04-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm going to do my part.

I'll be close enough to the Jets sidelines to pelt Rex with rice cakes.

I wish the crowd would break out into a "AARON!" chant during the game like we used do down here when the Muts and Darryl Strawberry would come to play.

Just anatagonize the ever living **** out of him. As he walks out for the coin toss that would be pretty cool.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Two of our next 4 games are against the Jets. They also have to play the Patriots in the meantime. We've got a prime chance at nearly killing the Jets' playoff chances. Definitely important games.

stuckincincy
11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Two of our next 4 games are against the Jets. They also have to play the Patriots in the meantime. We've got a prime chance at nearly killing the Jets' playoff chances. Definitely important games.

Right you are. I'd love to see the Bills bury the hatchet with the Jets - right between their shoulder blades.

Ed
11-04-2011, 10:51 AM

I'm curious why you think the Bills are overmatched. I've been pretty unimpressed with the Jets so far this season. Particularly on the road.

Ingtar33
11-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm curious why you think the Bills are overmatched. I've been pretty unimpressed with the Jets so far this season. Particularly on the road.

not to bump it after the fact, but we are overmatched as this sunday unfortunately proved.

Simply put, you can only hide your lack of talent with smoke and mirrors so long. We have 3 NFL starting quality players on our front 7. We have 2 OTs who are barely passable in passblocking (i like them run blocking), and we have a bunch of big, slow WRs, who are getting open thanks to schemes not skill. When you play a serious running team with a good secondary and solid run defense, you're going to struggle.

Unfortunately the Jets are all of the above.

nyballa561
11-06-2011, 03:57 PM
this is the cushion game. it's a huge swing. if the bills win, thats two games between them and the jets. and depending on how badly the bills win, the jets could implode.

I live in NY and know everyone thinks the jets are back on track. i've watched the last two games. they look like a powerhouse team in decline. they look like they expect to win, but are stunned when they just don't have it.

To be fair, i think the dolphins are the better team. they just have quit in them. they miss plays and then get down on themselves. they are leaving plays on the field. the jets are not. they are only getting into games because of other teams mistakes. Sanchez is still awful.

I am more worried about losing to the dolphins than i am about losing to the jets. the only wildcard is that the jets were on their bye.

Hahahahahahah, moron. If anything the Fins are better than the Bills.

LOL

psubills62
11-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Hahahahahahah, moron. If anything the Fins are better than the Bills.

LOL
Try not to blow us away with your insulting ability.

Looks like Jets fans are just like their coach - only good at talking crap when they win.