• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Sorry, Ruff needs to go

Too many slow starts, inconsistent play, I am sick of him. Wish they replaced him before the year started. This team just goes through phases every year where they have no response to his stale coaching at all.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Sorry, Ruff needs to go

Too early, and it's still preseason. Every season when the team hits a little slide the 'Ruff must go!' chants start up.

Wait and see how they do in the playoffs when the real games begin.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

So many new things with this team from the top on down. Got to wait 40 games to really make a judgement.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Ruff needs to take a page from Gailey's book, build your system around your players, not make your players play your system when they don't fit in your system.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

It appears that Pegula is in man-love with Lindy so I would think that it won't happen.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            So many new things with this team from the top on down. Got to wait 40 games to really make a judgement.
            This happens every year- here's the timeline:

1. The team struggles
            2. Someone complains about the fact that the team is struggling
            3. Someone else points out that it's a long season and it's too early to draw conclusions.
            4. The original complainant responds by saying the problems plaguing the team are the same problems that have plagued them for years and will come back to bite them in the ass yet again because they were never properly addressed.
            5. The team ends up either missing the playoffs or, at best, having an early playoff exit.

Hmmm.......

I've been largely quiet on the Ruff issue because I thought the critics were being a little too harsh but I'm starting to come around. It's getting harder and harder to defend him. He had tons of talent in the Briere/Drury days and he has significantly better talent now than he's had the last couple of years, but he still can't get the job done.

It's just like with the Bills' struggles: the only consistent factor is Ralph. Well, with the Sabres, ownership has changed twice and the only consistent factor is Lindy Ruff. I like the fact that we have an ex-Buffalo Sabres tough guy as our coach, and there is no doubt that he has meant a lot to this franchise. But it's stupid to keep him around for loyalty when he isn't getting the job done.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Better chance of hitting the lottery than this, Miller needs replacing.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                This happens every year- here's the timeline:

1. The team struggles
                2. Someone complains about the fact that the team is struggling
                3. Someone else points out that it's a long season and it's too early to draw conclusions.
                4. The original complainant responds by saying the problems plaguing the team are the same problems that have plagued them for years and will come back to bite them in the ass yet again because they were never properly addressed.
                5. The team ends up either missing the playoffs or, at best, having an early playoff exit.

Hmmm.......

I've been largely quiet on the Ruff issue because I thought the critics were being a little too harsh but I'm starting to come around. It's getting harder and harder to defend him. He had tons of talent in the Briere/Drury days and he has significantly better talent now than he's had the last couple of years, but he still can't get the job done.

It's just like with the Bills' struggles: the only consistent factor is Ralph. Well, with the Sabres, ownership has changed twice and the only consistent factor is Lindy Ruff. I like the fact that we have an ex-Buffalo Sabres tough guy as our coach, and there is no doubt that he has meant a lot to this franchise. But it's stupid to keep him around for loyalty when he isn't getting the job done.
                You fit under #2 and #4.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                  You fit under #2 and #4.
                  Today, the part of Captain Obvious will be played by SabreEleven.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Today, the part of Captain Obvious will be played by SabreEleven.
                    Thank you, I'll be here all week....

Although I agree that Ruff is the change that needs to be made, they'll never let him go. They are convinced he is the answer. Who whould they bring in?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                      Thank you, I'll be here all week....

Although I agree that Ruff is the change that needs to be made, they'll never let him go. They are convinced he is the answer. Who whould they bring in?
                      Al Arbour, LOL.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Scotty Bowman

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

I wanted Kevin Dineen before he could get away. He was pretty familiar with a lot of the guys already. I doubt everything was exactly the same between he and Ruff. As for now, it is just complaining for me, I guess, there is no one that can really come in now, at least at any point in the season. Unless th Sabres are a complete debacle, Ruff would resign before being fired.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by YardRat

Wait and see how they do in the playoffs when the real games begin.
                            Keep playing this way we wont make the playoffs.
                            Skate Zilla
                            -----------------------
                            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Electrici
                              • May 2003

The team started much worse last year and all these same things were said... why must it be said again this year?

The team will be fine and make the playoffs. They may not be the super team that for some reason they were pegged to be because they spent a lot of money, but they will win more than they lose and make the playoffs. Will they win the Stanley Cup? I sure hope so, but allow some chemistry to develop on the team first, and we'll talk Stanley Cup when the playoffs roll around.

Miller was a Vezina candidate after that Florida shutout just a couple weeks ago, and now people are calling for him to be replaced. People just need to calm down, its a long season.

Just because something doesn't go the way as planned doesn't mean you replace the head coach or goalie.

Comment

Working...
                              X