PDA

View Full Version : Fitzy @ 4

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Fitzy ranking #4 in midseason rankings

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/11/01/qb.rankings/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

Crisis
11-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Peyton Manning should be #1 on these lists? Take Brady away from the Pats and they still win 11 games, take Manning away from the Colts and they're one of the worst teams in the history of the league. Yeah I get it's a season rankings... but this season has convinced me Manning is the best QB I'll ever see.

Fitzy at #4 is pretty generous... however i'd lump him in there with a bunch of quarterbacks who are all below the Rodgers/Brady/Rapelisberger tier right now so I could see the argument.

PTI
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Eli Manning is #2 so far.

Joe Fo Sho
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Peyton Manning should be #1 on these lists? Take Brady away from the Pats and they still win 11 games, take Manning away from the Colts and they're one of the worst teams in the history of the league. Yeah I get it's a season rankings... but this season has convinced me Manning is the best QB I'll ever see.

Fitzy at #4 is pretty generous... however i'd lump him in there with a bunch of quarterbacks who are all below the Rodgers/Brady/Rapelisberger tier right now so I could see the argument.

They should go back over the last 6 or 7 years and give Peyton every MVP award that he didn't win, including this years.

psubills62
11-02-2011, 10:53 PM

Absolutely true about Manning. It's obvious what he means to the Colts. People always talk about how great Manning's weapons have been during his career...they don't look so great now without Manning, and nobody talks about the OL. Brady gets all the time in the world with his OL...even I could get open with 10 seconds to work with every play. Manning's OL is sub-par at best.

And I personally wouldn't throw Roethlisberger in with the Rodgers/Brady/Manning/Brees tier. I'd say those four are the elite QB's, and then there's a few tiers of everyone else.

I just think...how good would Fitzpatrick be if he had someone like Calvin Johnson to throw to? Honestly, I think we have a lot of big needs so WR isn't as much of a priority, but I'd love to see a stud WR in Buffalo, a big, fast target that is just that difficult to cover even if you're standing on his toes.

imbondz
11-02-2011, 11:16 PM

ha. I think Manning should be up for MVP this season.