PDA

View Full Version : End of Season 1:

The King
11-03-2011, 08:13 AM
As everyone knows the last auction of our first season will be 11/30. On 12/1 I will PM all team owners a master list with each team roster embedded. You're going to provide me with two ratings for each team. A 1-5 rating on overall hotness, and a 1-5 rating on value. I understand that both numbers are subjective to each voter but that's how we're going to do it. DO NOT RATE FOR YOUR OWN TEAM, IT WILL NOT COUNT!

By doing this through PM it will help keep the ratings honest know one will know who the top running teams are but me so you're visability to vote down your competition will be a lot harder since you wont really know who your competition is.

I encourage all team owners to participate in the ratings but you won't be penalized if you don't respond. I will give everyone a week to give me their ratings and then I will unveil the teams gradually and announce the winner. In the case of a tie for the winner I will post a public poll to declare the winner. Any other ties will remain ties.

The winning team will get the first overall pick in the 2012 Season.

utmhead
11-03-2011, 08:19 AM
That sounds fair, I like it alot.

The King
11-03-2011, 08:22 AM
There can't be a perfect solution, but I think this is fair.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Shouldn't the worst team get the 1st pick?

Static
11-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Sounds Good.

The King
11-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Shouldn't the worst team get the 1st pick?

No because no one is keeping any of the cards. So its not like the winner is starting with a solid foundation in place.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2011, 09:14 AM
What if the winner decides he doesn't have the time to play next season?

utmhead
11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
What if the winner decides he doesn't have the time to play next season?

don't worry u are not going to win

TacklingDummy
11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
don't worry u are not going to win
I already know that.
Just look at the history of the zone awards and all the abuse/harassment I took here over the years.

jamze132
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I think some rules need to be put out regarding the hotness and value factor of each card. A 48 yr old chick today will probably get a 1-2 on hotness where she may have gotten a 4-5 20 years previous.

Just want some clarification.

The King
11-03-2011, 10:22 AM
It's whatever you think of her. If you factor some nostalgia into your rating so be it.

SabreEleven
11-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Will X-Era's wife be playing?

jamze132
11-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I think it should be based on now and not decades ago.

The King
11-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I dont want to get into the business of evaluating peoples votes. It should be based on how they look currently but looks are subjective what you find hot someone else might not. If you had a thing for Shannon Tweed in Night Eyes then you'd probably be more into her today than someone seeing her for the first time as a 40 year old... Ya dig?

Static
11-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Just vote and shut-up!! :wave:

BLeonard
11-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I assume the 2 ratings (hotness and value) will be averaged and whoever has the highest overall average will win?

Will the ratings be split 50/50, or will one rating have more weight to it?

Other than that, it's probably the fairest way to determine a winner that can be determined, while also making it a relatively easy process.

My only suggestion would be sending out the ballot a week after the auctions end, to give some time for any last minute deals (trades, sales, etc).

-Bill

The King
11-04-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm just going to add the two ratings together... No sense in averaging 2 numbers. So the best score you can get will be a 10.

No deals allowed after 11/30. That's the end of our season.

BLeonard
11-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm just going to add the two ratings together... No sense in averaging 2 numbers. So the best score you can get will be a 10.

No deals allowed after 11/30. That's the end of our season.

OK, I see a couple of potential problems with the scoring:

1: With only using a 1-5 scale, I'm thinking you'll end up seeing a lot of ties. I'll try to illustrate:

Player - Hotness - Value - Total
P1 - 5 - 1 - 6
P2 - 3 - 3 - 6
P3 - 4 - 2 - 6
P4 - 2 - 4 - 6

I think rating on a scale of 1-10 would give less of an opportunity for ties.

Also, using this method, I'm thinking it might be to a person's advantage to not vote at all... Again, I'll try to illustrate:

Let's pretend there are only 4 of us in the competition. Me, TD, Chern and Clump (just random names). of the 4 in the competition, Me, TD and Chern decide to vote, while Clump does not vote. With the rule being that you can't vote for your own team (which I think is a good rule) Chern would get 6 scores (Hotness and Value scores from myself, TD and Chern) while the three of us that actually voted would only get 4 scored (in my case, I'd get a hotness and value score from both TD and Chern). If you're simply adding all of the scores together, Clump could get significantly lower individual scores, but, since he has more scores to pool from, he could easily win:

Player - BL Score - TD Score - Chern Score - Clump Score
BL - N/A - 4-3 - 2-4 - 3-1
TD - 3-4 - N/A - 3-4 - 3-2
Chern - 2-4 - 4-2 - N/A - 3-1
Clump - N/A - N/A - N/A - N/A

In this scenario, these would be the total scores:

BL: 3-4-2-4 = 13
TD: 4-3-4-2 = 13
Chern: 2-4-3-4 = 13
Clump: 3-1-3-2-3-1 = 13

Here, we all would have a final score of 13, even though myself, TD and Chern each have 2 "4's," while Clump has no score over a 3 and 2 "1's." Clumps's score, on average, would be a 2.17 (13/6) while me, TD and Chern would average a 3.25 (13/4).

Now, here's the same numbers, if I elected not to vote:

Player - BL Score - TD Score - Chern Score - Clump Score
BL - N/A - N/A - N/A - N/A
TD - 3-4 - N/A - 3-4 - 3-2
Chern - 2-4 - 4-2 - N/A - 3-1
Clump - N/A - N/A - N/A - N/A

In this scenario, these would be the total scores:

BL: 3-4-2-4 = 13
TD: 4-2 = 6
Chern: 3-4 = 7
Clump: 3-1-3-2-3-1 = 13

So, just by me not voting, instead of a 4-way tie, it's a tie between the 2 people that didn't even vote (me and Clump).

Hopefully, this all makes sense... I know that you don't want to punish people if they choose to not vote, but, in a way, the people who do vote could be at a disadvantage to those that do.

-Bill

The King
11-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I have no idea what you just said.

But I was implying I would not average the two scores I would average the collective score though.

BLeonard
11-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I have no idea what you just said.

But I was implying I would not average the two scores I would average the collective score though.

Yeah, I figured as much... :laughing:

OK, hopefully, this short version explains it better...

1: IMO, a 10 point scale when judging hotness and value would be better as opposed to a 5 point scale. It allows a wider range of scoring, thus minimizing the chance for ties in the end.

2: If a person receives 6 total scores (total score meaning hotness plus value) from 6 different voters, their final score should be divided by 6. If another person receives 9 total scores from 9 voters, their final score should be divided by 9.

As long as the final scores used to judge the winner are divided by how many scores each individual received, the person with the best average score would be the winner.

-Bill

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2011, 08:36 AM
I already know that.
Just look at the history of the zone awards and all the abuse/harassment I took here over the years.

I actually think you have one of the better teams and have played very well. You didn't get stupid like some of us and waste your cap space and end up stuck with an expensive broad, or with a cap penalty. I think your team is a front-runner for sure.

Wanna trade? lol

EricStratton
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
I keep thinking maybe I'll dump a high priced girl just to play the game the last couple weeks and pick up two girls with the bucks then I see the big money still being spent and I realize that won't work out.

I'm surprised at the money still being spent.

mysticsoto
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Man, I have to say I miss this game already. I'm so used to incorporating this into my morning routine to place a bid...

The King
12-02-2011, 10:56 AM
We'll be back soon enough. I'll be posting the new rules etc over the next few weeks.