justasportsfan
11-03-2011, 11:49 AM
thoughts?

nolimit
11-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Revis wins

Mski
11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
i dont think Revis will be on him the entire game.... Fitz likes to spread the ball around too much for Rex to commit Revis solely to SJ. that being said, i think revis is hands down the defensive player of the 1st half

justasportsfan
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Revis wins

I cant disagree. Hope Nelson and Chambers step up

DraftBoy
11-03-2011, 11:53 AM
thoughts?

Don't start Stevie this week in FF.

BAM
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Donald Jones return would be big.

psubills62
11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I think they'll move Stevie around. That said, Revis will still be on him for maybe 70% of the time, I'd bet. SJ matches up better than most receivers do against Revis (being a physical guy who can make catches still covered). However, I think Revis will still get the better of SJ13. My prediction would be 3 catches for ~20 yards.

trapezeus
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
honestly, revis has won the jets their last two games with INT TDs. Without those plays, their tepid offense wouldn't have done anything. The bills would be stupid to force that issue with Revis.

Cromartie is the guy who can't help but make dumb mistakes with penalties and coverage. at times, the guy is hot, but it's worth checking out early and then abusing him if he sucks. If not, i think the bills just screen and run FJ until they get a pinching D.

better days
11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
i dont think Revis will be on him the entire game.... Fitz likes to spread the ball around too much for Rex to commit Revis solely to SJ. that being said, i think revis is hands down the defensive player of the 1st half

I think that will be the Bills plan, spread the ball around & run Freddie. I expect to see Spiller make some plays from the slot in this game.

Mski
11-03-2011, 12:18 PM
thoughts?you got it in the right forum :up:

justasportsfan
11-03-2011, 12:20 PM
you got it in the right forum :up:

:bravo:

ddaryl
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
It will be a dogfight all afternoon. Steve will get his catches, Revis will keep Steve in check some.

So who steps up is the bigger question

Lexwhat
11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Revis shuts down every WR he faces, no matter how good they are. He also can move around and cover any WR he chooses.

I don't expect to hear Johnson's name much on Sunday.

DraftBoy
11-03-2011, 12:29 PM
The last WR to really beat Revis was Moss last year, that was when Moss gave Revis "the hand".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZLq3SWnhgUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nolimit
11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Does anyone else notice that stevie is always falling down when he catches the ball...maybe its just me.

psubills62
11-03-2011, 12:33 PM
The last WR to really beat Revis was Moss last year, that was when Moss gave Revis "the hand".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZLq3SWnhgUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Wasn't that the same play that Revis injured his hammy on?

I'll say that Brandon Marshall could have had a TD against Revis, but dropped a decently thrown ball by Moore off of a slant route. Revis can be beat, but it's rare and the receiver has to take advantage of it when it happens.

DraftBoy
11-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Wasn't that the same play that Revis injured his hammy on?

I'll say that Brandon Marshall could have had a TD against Revis, but dropped a decently thrown ball by Moore off of a slant route. Revis can be beat, but it's rare and the receiver has to take advantage of it when it happens.

His hammy was hurt before and he grabbed his hammy after the play but many analysts thought it was him making an excuse out of it. He played the rest of the game after coming out for treatment.

The only thing that was hurt on Revis from that play was his pride and ego. He got the hand from Moss and then Moss one handed it on him like it was nothing.

Bangarang
11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Don't start Stevie this week in FF.

In 2 games against Revis, SJ has been targeted 19 times with 8 catches for 103 yards and a TD. I could see Stevie having a decent game. I could also see him getting shut down.

methos4ever
11-03-2011, 01:35 PM
The best thing to do is use slants like the Phins did vs him. If Steve can get some yards after the catch, that can set up for a Sluggo should Revis try to jump the slant.

stuckincincy
11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
thoughts?

Darryl Revis, M.D. (Media Darling). 4 or 5 unflagged holds/interference per game.

He ought to play for PGH...he'd fit right in...

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 02:10 PM
His hammy was hurt before and he grabbed his hammy after the play but many analysts thought it was him making an excuse out of it. He played the rest of the game after coming out for treatment.

To little surprise, this is incorrect. He did not play the rest of the game. He never returned.

The only thing that was hurt on Revis from that play was his pride and ego.

Right, and to make sure he sealed the "fake" injury, he missed the next 2+ games.

Good points all around.

DraftBoy
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
To little surprise, this is incorrect. He did not play the rest of the game. He never returned.

Right, and to make sure he sealed the "fake" injury, he missed the next 2+ games.

Good points all around.

Revis didn't miss anymore games...check his numbers...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/10458/year/2010/darrelle-revis

You are correct though he did not return in that game. My mistake.

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Revis didn't miss anymore games...check his numbers...

Yeah, check the numbers, genius. Subtract the last game of the year against the Bills and tell me how many games it adds up to.

BillsOverDolphins
11-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Revis wins, he always wins. Let's just hope Fitz doesn't try to force it in to him. Go after Cro. He's athletic and a playmaker, but he's feast or famine and he's good for 3-4 PI's or holding calls a game.

alnilla
11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Stevie will win against him. Revis will get burnt bad once or twice from Stevie off the line.

cgbm
11-03-2011, 03:22 PM
the factor in this game wont be revis... or SJ13.

at least it better not be.

this is where fitz needs to play smart and use his harvard brain.

KEEP THE BALL AWAY FROM REVIS.

there is no reason to throw the ball that way, at all. plain and simple

if fitz targets revis it is asking for a turnover, and may cost us the game.

the jets have a hugely overrated player out there that we need to key on.

cromartie is terrible out there and costs them many plays and td's

throw his way and watch the points rack up

stay away from revis and SJ. just like we have for most of this season. use all the underated overlooked recievers we have, and win it that way.

just my take.

DraftBoy
11-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah, check the numbers, genius. Subtract the last game of the year against the Bills and tell me how many games it adds up to.

Yep you're right. Awful screwy way to list the numbers but not even including the two weeks after 9/19.

Oh well.

Doesn't change the fact that Revis hasn't been beaten very poorly in over a year and I dont like the matchup of SJ v. him.

stuckincincy
11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
"Be he black, or be he blue - he be both, when I be through."

I'd give him an AFC North treatment - crunch him and suffer the flag.

Oaf
11-03-2011, 04:38 PM
I could see Steve getting 5-6 catches still. And Revis does get away w/ a lot of contact.

Beebe
11-03-2011, 09:57 PM
STEVE all DAY,BABY

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2011, 10:39 PM
If Stevie has a big game while being covered by Revis it will be even more proof that he's definitely worth the big money.

BillsOverDolphins
11-03-2011, 10:42 PM
If Stevie has a big game while being covered by Revis it will be even more proof that he's definitely worth the big money.

Then he becomes THAT much more expensive to ink.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2011, 10:43 PM
franchise tags are nice

Oaf
11-03-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't mind paying Stevie big bux if he can beat Revis up and down the field.

11-03-2011, 11:24 PM

He actually didn't come back. Revis missed the 2nd half and then multiple games after the injury on that play.

He definitely did get injured on that play and wasn't faking it, not to say he wouldn't have been beat anyway.

DraftBoy
11-04-2011, 07:21 AM
He actually didn't come back. Revis missed the 2nd half and then multiple games after the injury on that play.

He definitely did get injured on that play and wasn't faking it, not to say he wouldn't have been beat anyway.
Yep that was pointed out. My memory may be off but was he banged up coming into the game?

we are
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Stevie killed revis on that slant when he was a rookie. Hopefully he can channel some of that Sunday.

I'm still sitting him in fantasy.

Philagape
11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Nelson, Chandler, Roosevelt, Jackson, Spiller, and hopefully Jones ....

The Bills' offense is whack-a-mole.

11-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Yep that was pointed out. My memory may be off but was he banged up coming into the game?

Yes he was, his hammy was bothering him all week up to the game.