X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Jets to try and stop Jackson

I didn't see where anyone posted a link to this Chris Brown piece, so I did. Sorry if I missed someonee else's.

"There was some thought that with Buffalo’s spread attack, which is built on anticipation throws and timing that the Jets may take a similar approach in defending the Bills to their typical approach to the Patriots with their quick strike passing game. But all indications are the Jets defenders are going to have a different approach, one that keys primarily on one player and that player is Fred Jackson."

The Jets don't have the same respect for Fitzpatrick that they do for Tom Brady. That means Fitz is going to have to earn that repsect by hurting the Jets with their passing game. If Fitz can't hit passes early and often, Jackson is going to face an afternoon of 8 and 9 in the box. Obviously, the Jets are probably going to put Daryl Revis on Stevie. Hopefully, Revis is not able to shut Johnson out, but Fitz is going to have to get the ball to Nelson, Jones, Chandler and others to frustrate the Jets' defensive focus in this game.
    Last edited by TigerJ; 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Jets to try and stop Jackson

then Fitz needs to find his long balls.. Make them respect the pass...

Comment

• paranoid
      • Sep 2009

If Fitz can hit passes early and often, Jackson is going to face an afternoon of 8 and 9 in the box.
      Do you mean can't hitting passes early and often would lead to facing a full box? Otherwise I am not taking your point.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, can't. I let too many typos like that get past me. I'll fix it.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
          then Fitz needs to find his long balls.
          Maybe Coach Ryan could assist him there.
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

The problem with stopping Jackson is that the Bills don't just run the ball out of traditional power formations so you can't stack the box with 8 or 9 or it leaves receivers open. That's one of the reasons the Bills have been effective running the ball. They can run the ball out of various passing formations.

So stopping Fred Jackson right now is a lot easier said then done. And no one has been able to do it.

Comment

• Mski
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ed
              So stopping Fred Jackson right now is a lot easier said then done. And no one has been able to do it.
              its kinda like every team going against NE.... they try to take Welker out of the game, and usually dont
              RIP Tommy D!
              12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
                The problem with stopping Jackson is that the Bills don't just run the ball out of traditional power formations so you can't stack the box with 8 or 9 or it leaves receivers open. That's one of the reasons the Bills have been effective running the ball. They can run the ball out of various passing formations.

Great point. I doubt the Jets are the 1st team to try to stop Freddie this year.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days
                  Great point. I doubt the Jets are the 1st team to try to stop Freddie this year.
                  NYG pretty much did it. Fred had that 80 yard jaunt through a truly gaping hole, but other than that, he was 15 for 61, 5/47 on receptions with a 19 yd long gain. CIN held him to 17 for 66 with a 21 yard long gain and 5/32 on receptions with a long of 9 yards.

The two losses.

Pray that nobody busts up Freddie.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Maybin's Revenge
                    • Nov 2011

Fred Jackson is a damn good player. I'm just glad he turns 31 in February.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Wow. The Jets are going to try and stop Jackson. I'm sure they are the first defense to think of that. Rex is brilliant.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                        NYG pretty much did it. Fred had that 80 yard jaunt through a truly gaping hole, but other than that, he was 15 for 61, 5/47 on receptions with a 19 yd long gain. CIN held him to 17 for 66 with a 21 yard long gain and 5/32 on receptions with a long of 9 yards.

The two losses.

So are you saying the Bills lost those two games because the other team stopped Fred? I don't think so myself.

A play that is made is a play that is in the books & can not be dismissed or taken away.
                        Last edited by better days; 11-03-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days
                          So are you saying the Bills lost those two games because the other team stopped Fred? I don't think so myself.

A play that is made is a play that is in the books & can not be dismissed or taken away.
                          No, not just Fred. They faced 2 clubs with decent DLs which caused problems all around (just like any team that faces a stout front 4 does).

But it's pretty easy to make a case, that if Fred is broken up into little pieces, the BUF offense is going to be played against quite differently. For one, if he's out, my defenders will be forearm shivering Johnson, Chandler et al within that 5 yard zone. Fitz' short game is known.
                          Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-03-2011, 02:32 PM.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• zone
                            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                            • Oct 2003

The two losses.

Ok Wys, take away this and take away that...

As long as we are taking away things how about we take away the 30 bad or missed calls in the Cincy game and the Bills win easily.
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
                              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                              • Oct 2003

No, not just Fred. They faced 2 clubs with decent DLs which caused problems all around (just like any team that faces a stout front 4 does).

But it's pretty easy to make a case, that if Fred is broken up into little pieces, the BUF offense is going to be played against quite differently. For one, if he's out, my defenders will be forearm shivering Johnson, Chandler et al within that 5 yard zone. Fitz' short game is known.
                              We also faced 4 other teams with decent to good DL and won.
                              www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X