PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Maybin returns to Buffalo looking to prove a point

zone
11-03-2011, 02:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823b819b/article/maybin-trying-to-shed-bust-label-as-pass-rusher-with-jets?module=HP11_cp

Novacane
11-03-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm sure Fitz is shaking in his boots.

RoscoeMagic
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
He's an idiot. He's not proving a point. He didn't work hard when he was here, got cut, and finally realized if he doesn't bust it he's not getting paid. He's looking to get a pay check. The Bills did what any team would have done to Maybin given his bad attitude and terrible production in his two years here: CUT HIM.

trapezeus
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
i don't think maybin realized or learned anything getting cut.

Maybin gets to be an outside rusher on a team with a great secondary. all the options are covered on his sacks. He's lucky to get them. very few teams have that kind of secondary. You'll never see maybin get a pass rusher's sack. he gets coverage sacks.

Bills run fast offense with quick decisions. even if he can get by someone, the ball is already out.

I just want to see fred jackson lay out maybin. the crowd will go crazy for that.

Philagape
11-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Is the point "Teams shouldn't cut players who don't do anything they're paid to do and are weekly healthy scratches?"
Yeah, I'm sure he'll make teams think about that.

tatersalad
11-03-2011, 04:42 PM
He will prove a point How truly inept the prior gm hc were when they drafted him.... He had ample oppritunity to shine here couldnt crack into the line-up so he goes to the Jets shows a few glimpses of what its like to get a COVERAGE sack and now hes annoited good? please this guy will be outta the league in 2 years, I wish him well but talent ALWAYS rises to the top

sdbillsfan2
11-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I was hoping after we released him, we'd never have to hear his name again. But Nooooooo , he just hangs on like a hemorrhoid.

I'll bet we hear his name less in the actual game Sunday then the number of posts started about him!

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Aaron Maybin sucks.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
It's gonna suck if this douchebag somehow ends up with close to 10 sacks in New York on the year. Or he somehow comes in here this Sunday and gets 1 or 2 sacks.

Either way we're gonna hear how the organization screwed up on the handling of him.

mikemac2001
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
He stopped making that sweet cash

had to start trying kinda pathetic exactly why rookie cap is important

plus alot of his sacks have been coverage sacks

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 06:09 PM
It's gonna suck if this douchebag somehow ends up with close to 10 sacks in New York on the year. Or he somehow comes in here this Sunday and gets 1 or 2 sacks.

Either way we're gonna hear how the organization screwed up on the handling of him.

Oh, God, I know! Brutal! Haha!

At least you're an honest poster. The rest of them are still trying to pretend they didn't blow it with Maybin.

Listen, it happens to every team. Happened to the Jets a bunch of times with Terance Mathis, Jeff Blake, and Danny Woodhead. Hurt every time.

Now it's the bills' turn.

SquishDaFish
11-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Lol maybin hahaha please

Demon
11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
If the Bills were worried about Aaron Maybin, they'd just re-sign Ed Wang to guard him...

BillsFever21
11-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm not saying he is good but the guy does have like 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles in about 4 or 5 games played for the Jets so far. Sure anybody can have a good run but you can't take that away from him.

If you subtracted coverage sacks from every player's stats that would be like saying you need to deduct the negative runs from running backs when the line blew up and they didn't have anywhere to run, deduct the interceptions from DB's on balls that were tipped to them or vice versa for the QB's or deduct big plays by WR's that were due to blown coverage.

And even outside of the coverage sacks he has also forced a few fumbles. Them were him creating the fumbles. You can't pass them off on anything else.

I'm not saying the guy has turned the corner. He was horrible with us but if anybody or any team can get something out of him and utilize him right it's Rex Ryan and the defense he has in NY even though they have struggled at times.

I hate the lack of production or even playing time he gave us but we were the stupid ones for drafting him over Orakpo or Clay Matthews. You can't take away what he has done so far this season. That doesn't mean he is or will be a good player the rest of his NFL career but he has made some plays when given the opportunity this season. He didn't play much in college and was very young when drafted. It might just take him some time. It remains to be seen.

Had we kept him and he had them stats the same people would be excited and saying he turned the corner. Dareus had a couple coverage sacks against the Redskins and I don't see any posts discrediting him for them sacks. You have to continue fighting to get that coverage sack. There were 10 other guys on the field and 6 other guys in the front seven who didn't get them sacks that he did on them plays.

At least give him so credit even though we hate the play he gave us in Buffalo. It would suck if he ended up with a good NFL career after us getting rid of him after two years whether it was because he wasn't in the right system, didn't work hard, wasn't used right by the coaches or was a later bloomer it would still leave a horrible taste in our mouths. I think that is what scares many dogging him the most.

DynaPaul
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Mark my words - Maybin will have NO revenge.

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm not saying he is good but the guy does have like 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles in about 4 or 5 games played for the Jets so far. Sure anybody can have a good run but you can't take that away from him.

Good for you. You're a fair and honest poster.

If you subtracted coverage sacks from every player's stats that would be like saying you need to deduct the negative runs from running backs when the line blew up and they didn't have anywhere to run, deduct the interceptions from DB's on balls that were tipped to them or vice versa for the QB's or deduct big plays by WR's that were due to blown coverage.

Exactly. It's an absurd, self-serving, and fundamentally dishonest criticism.

I hate the lack of production or even playing time he gave us but we were the stupid ones for drafting him over Orakpo or Clay Matthews. You can't take away what he has done so far this season. That doesn't mean he is or will be a good player the rest of his NFL career but he has made some plays when given the opportunity this season.

Very fair.

Had we kept him and he had them stats the same people would be excited and saying he turned the corner.

Of course!

PromoTheRobot
11-03-2011, 08:32 PM
If Maybin dogged it with the Bills and decided to start trying with the Jets, then every Bills player should deck him every chance they get.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
11-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Breaking news: According to Tim Graham on Facebook, Ryan plans to name Maybin a team captain for this game.

PTR

Figster
11-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Aaron Maybin didn't fit the Bill for what the new regime is trying to do here in Buffalo which is get bigger and stronger on defense. While I hope Maybin doesn't have a good game against the Bills,(ever) If he was to go on and have a productive career in the NFL at least maybin he's one less player the Buffalo Bills weren't complete idiots for drafting.

One man's trash is another mans treasure...

cordog
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know why everyone is so worked up over Maybin. He's a SITUATIONAL pass rusher....thats it. He hasn't turned a corner, he still isn't on the field every down, they just line him up and let him go after the QB. Even if he ends up with 10 sacks, who cares, he's still not a good LB.

Figster
11-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't know why everyone is so worked up over Maybin. He's a SITUATIONAL pass rusher....thats it. He hasn't turned a corner, he still isn't on the field every down, they just line him up and let him go after the QB. Even if he ends up with 10 sacks, who cares, he's still not a good LB.

Exactly,

Maybin is the least of our worries...

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Oh, God, I know! Brutal! Haha!

At least you're an honest poster. The rest of them are still trying to pretend they didn't blow it with Maybin.

Listen, it happens to every team. Happened to the Jets a bunch of times with Terance Mathis, Jeff Blake, and Danny Woodhead. Hurt every time.

Now it's the bills' turn.

the fact that you believe in maybin so strongly to create a username with his name in it on a Bills board is mildly entertaining. Not even one Bills fan on here had a Maybin name because he sucked and will always suck.

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't know why everyone is so worked up over Maybin. He's a SITUATIONAL pass rusher.

So what? The Bills had four sacks in six games coming into the Redskins game. They had no pass rush whatsoever. So even if Maybin can get even 6-8 sacks a year playing 10-12 snaps, he'd still a valuable component.

Even if he ends up with 10 sacks, who cares, he's still not a good LB.

Haha! Stop and read what you're writing. The Bills have had no pass rush through 85 percent of the season, yet they don't have room for 23-year-old guy who might get 10 sacks as a situational player?

Maybin's Revenge
11-03-2011, 11:11 PM
the fact that you believe in maybin so strongly to create a username with his name in it on a Bills board is mildly entertaining. Not even one Bills fan on here had a Maybin name because he sucked and will always suck.

It's beginning to look as though Maybin's performance in Buffalo may have had more to do with Buffalo than with Maybin. See, there's been a different reality unfolding to the south. . . .

PromoTheRobot
11-03-2011, 11:13 PM
It's beginning to look as though Maybin's performance in Buffalo may have had more to do with Buffalo than with Maybin. See, there's been a different reality unfolding to the south. . . .

Let us know how that ex-Bills TE you found in the dumpster works out.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2011, 11:26 PM

No, it had to do with Maybin looking so bad in practice that he was a healthy scratch 70% of the time last year unless someone was hurt. Even a situational pass rusher should be able to play special teams. Why doesn't Maybin play special teams for you guys? That's a rhetorical question.

unpaid_bills
11-04-2011, 08:14 AM
well look at it this way, if the Aaron Maybin return to Buffalo is the Buggest News story for the Jets do we really have much to worry about? The Bills are on top of the AFC-East a huge division game at Home

I would be willing to bet Brad Smith is quite fired up and Chan will have some gadget plays in the book for this game.

What about old Jim Leonard the hard hitting safety he is also returning to B-Lo I think its racial:whistle:

mayotm
11-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Maybin's value is as a situational pass rusher. Especially, a situation where his team has a big lead and he can just go get the QB. There weren't many situations like that while he was in Buffalo. In addition, he was useless on special teams. Thus, the Bills could not afford to waste the roster spot on him. The fact that he's made a few plays for the Jets doesn't mean Buffalo made a poor decision getting rid of him. Not to mention, the Jets cut him as well. He's only on their roster because of an injury. Anyway, there's far too much discussion going on about a player who most likely won't have any impact on this game.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Maybin's in the best situation for him to succeed and he's taking advantage of it, period. Anyone who thinks he'd do well here is mistaken. We don't have the coverage or schemes that the Jets have to take advantage of athletic pass rushers who are lacking in technique, pass rush moves, etc.

I think people are comparing apples to oranges. MaybinsRevenge can talk about "excuses" all he wants, but he's obviously not facing reality if he thinks those weren't coverage sacks.

Maybin is probably motivated by this game, but I'd bet our OL is the same way. It's obvious none of them want to let him even get close to Fitzpatrick. From every indication (both now and when Maybin was on the team), they're looking to take out some frustrations on him.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe we should resign Wang or get someone off our practice squad to completely workover Maybin

better days
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
He's an idiot. He's not proving a point. He didn't work hard when he was here, got cut, and finally realized if he doesn't bust it he's not getting paid. He's looking to get a pay check. The Bills did what any team would have done to Maybin given his bad attitude and terrible production in his two years here: CUT HIM.

Both Chan & Buddy said Maybin was a hard worker. They said he could not have worked any harder. His problem is he is too small to play in the Bills defense & he could not produce, that is why they cut him.

ServoBillieves
11-04-2011, 02:24 PM
We're an efficient, 3 or 5 step drop team. He'll get a sack, I guarantee, if Hairston or Bell aren't in. We'll be making quick passes, wherein he'll get mauled or run far past the QB and have to come back around. He'll be snuffed out.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
We're an efficient, 3 or 5 step drop team. He'll get a sack, I guarantee, if Hairston or Bell aren't in. We'll be making quick passes, wherein he'll get mauled or run far past the QB and have to come back around. He'll be snuffed out.
From what I've seen, Maybin is usually up against the right side of the OL (Pears and co.). Not sure how much he'll face our LT.

muestafa1
11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
When Maybin is on the field they should have an Audible ready to run toward his direction. Whatever magic he's worked it hasn't been in the run game.

cordog
11-04-2011, 03:35 PM
So what? The Bills had four sacks in six games coming into the Redskins game. They had no pass rush whatsoever. So even if Maybin can get even 6-8 sacks a year playing 10-12 snaps, he'd still a valuable component.

Haha! Stop and read what you're writing. The Bills have had no pass rush through 85 percent of the season, yet they don't have room for 23-year-old guy who might get 10 sacks as a situational player?

Valuable yes, worth a top 10 pick.....no. They need LB's that can be on the field all downs, not just someone to run after the QB on 3rd down, hense why he isn't on the team, and why Buddy didn't want to waste a roster spot on a guy that is useful, 30% of the time. If you've watched any Jet games, they are lining him up down the line (what Philly does with their ends) and just letting him run as fast as he can and try to get the QB. He hasn't beat anyone with moves, his sacks are more of a result of the QB getting too deep in the pocket, which may speak more of their NT colapsing the pocket.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Valuable yes, worth a top 10 pick.....no. They need LB's that can be on the field all downs, not just someone to run after the QB on 3rd down, hense why he isn't on the team, and why Buddy didn't want to waste a roster spot on a guy that is useful, 30% of the time. If you've watched any Jet games, they are lining him up down the line (what Philly does with their ends) and just letting him run as fast as he can and try to get the QB. He hasn't beat anyone with moves, his sacks are more of a result of the QB getting too deep in the pocket, which may speak more of their NT colapsing the pocket.

agreed or good coverage plays and after 6 seconds Maybin is finally there....One of his "sacks" he had was against miami when Moore was too stupid to throw the ball away and tried getting a couple of yards and Maybin got him aout of bounds a couple of yards behind the line of scrimmage. These jets fans will see soon enough. Let them be teased for a minute

better days
11-04-2011, 11:35 PM

You must have attended the same geography class as Mike Greenberg. Buffalo is MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE to the West of NYC than north of it.

You could have said "a different reality unfolding to the east...." and you would only have looked half as stupid.

Your post proves you not only don't know how to judge football players, but you don't even know the geography of NY State.

Maybin's Revenge
11-04-2011, 11:49 PM
You must have attended the same geography class as Mike Greenberg. Buffalo is MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE to the West of NYC than north of it.

You could have said "a different reality unfolding to the east...." and you would only have looked half as stupid.

Is East Rutherford to the south of Buffalo or not? I suppose, according to you, when I go to Boston, I should say that I'm traveling east from New Jersey, not north, because Boston is actually farther east than Buffalo is north!

Haha!

better days
11-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Is East Rutherford to the south of Buffalo or not? I suppose, according to you, when I go to Boston, I should say that I'm traveling east from New Jersey, not north, because Boston is actually farther east than Buffalo is north!

Haha!

Like I said you don't know geography. Get out a map that has the miles on it, then measure the distance Boston is North & East of NY. Boston is further north than it is East of Jersey. Now measure the distance WEST to Buffalo & North.

As I said Buffalo is MUCH MUCH MUCH further West than North. You can't read a map. But then you don't know a mediocre football player when you see one either.

BertSquirtgum
11-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Like I said you don't know geography. Get out a map that has the miles on it, then measure the distance Boston is North & East of NY. Boston is further north than it is East of Jersey. Now measure the distance WEST to Buffalo & North.

As I said Buffalo is MUCH MUCH MUCH further West than North. You can't read a map. But then you don't know a mediocre football player when you see one either.

aaron is not very smart. don't waste your time with him. instead of learning how to beat a offensive lineman with moves he's on a Bills message board trying to show how useful he isn't.

Maybin's Revenge
11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Valuable yes, worth a top 10 pick.....no.

Oh, I agree. But at a certain point, you have to stop holding a guy's draft status against him and let him do what he' good at, and Maybin's good at rushing the passer.

better days
11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh, I agree. But at a certain point, you have to stop holding a guy's draft status against him and let him do what he' good at, and Maybin's good at rushing the passer.

Well, there are safetys & corners in the NFL that are good at rushing the passer. Maybin appears to be too slow to play those positions & he is too small to play anything else.