PDA

View Full Version : This site is saying the Bills are the most likely to make the playoffs

Skooby
11-03-2011, 03:44 PM
In the AFC:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

I have 0 idea how they got there but it had something to do with schedules of the other teams (I think).

psubills62
11-03-2011, 03:48 PM
I've been saying that our upcoming schedule is pretty easy compared to our last 7 games in terms of opponents' records. I think that's absolutely the reason.

mikemac2001
11-03-2011, 03:57 PM
In the AFC:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

I have 0 idea how they got there but it had something to do with schedules of the other teams (I think).

we also own a ton of tiebreakers.....

Skooby
11-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Losing to the Giants didn't hurt that much in the tie-breaker arena because common opponents is down the list.

ublinkwescore
11-03-2011, 04:09 PM
does anyone know the list by heart, or have a link to it?

Skooby
11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
does anyone know the list by heart, or have a link to it?

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

BillsFever21
11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
The big loss was blowing the 14 point lead against the Bengals. We would have a two game lead on the final WC spot right now and would be perfect in the conference. Instead we are only 1 game ahead and if we lose to the Jets this week all of a sudden we are tied with them.

Had we beat the Bengals then beat the Jets this week we would have been in great shape as long as we didn't bomb out the rest of the season. We would have had a 3 game lead on the Jets and at least a two game lead on the WC spot if not a 3 game lead depending on the outcomes this week. No matter what happens with the Jets that Bengals loss hurts us. Especially a game we should have won.

We also would've owned the head-to-head tiebreakers on the Chiefs and Bengals. Who would've thought the Chiefs would be 4-3 right now after an 0-3 start and the way they played them first few weeks? Many here were putting them in the group for the possible teams to get the #1 pick in the draft.

Skooby
11-03-2011, 06:48 PM
The big loss was blowing the 14 point lead against the Bengals. We would have a two game lead on the final WC spot right now and would be perfect in the conference. Instead we are only 1 game ahead and if we lose to the Jets this week all of a sudden we are tied with them.

Had we beat the Bengals then beat the Jets this week we would have been in great shape as long as we didn't bomb out the rest of the season. We would have had a 3 game lead on the Jets and at least a two game lead on the WC spot if not a 3 game lead depending on the outcomes this week. No matter what happens with the Jets that Bengals loss hurts us. Especially a game we should have won.

We also would've owned the head-to-head tiebreakers on the Chiefs and Bengals. Who would've thought the Chiefs would be 4-3 right now after an 0-3 start and the way they played them first few weeks? Many here were putting them in the group for the possible teams to get the #1 pick in the draft.

Things happen, don't sweat it anymore.

thenry20
11-03-2011, 07:04 PM
It always starts with the divisional games. Win 4 of the 6 every year and you're in pretty good shape for a playoff berth.