X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

The Real Joke about Maybin...

Is that this guy acts like the Bills wronged him somehow! You came here, put forth zero effort, sucked out loud, made, like, five total tackles, and got paid literally millions of dollars for it. Who screwed who?

If he ends up being decent with New York, it will prove nothing other than he tanked after his contract, only to start trying when he realized his career was about to end.

Screw that guy. Backups like Spencer Johnson, Arthur Moats, and Danny Batten literally make more plays in a quarter than this guy did in three years.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: The Real Joke about Maybin...

hes supremely gifted but has no heart. F him.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
      • Feb 2010

Right now I despise him more than McGahee.
      "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

Maybin looks like a ******ed child. **** you Aaron.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I feel like the first two posts are a bit off.

The guy isn't supremely talented and DID give good effort. He just isn't a great player.

He is very fast and that was it. Honestly he hasn't done much for the Jets for me to say WOW we should have kept him. 10 second long coverage sacks for 2 of his three.

If he comes in and makes some plays this Sunday good for him. I have no ill will to the guy.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I partially agree. However, the rumors have circulated that as soon as Gailey came in, the coaches practically ignored him in practices. I think these rumors came from anonymous current players, actually, and they indicated the coaches really didn't try to help him get better or anything.

But at the same time, I absolutely feel where you guys are coming from, and in the end I don't think Aaron has any real reason to feel angry towards the Bills. Considering where we drafted him and what we paid him, he should feel pretty grateful.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• zone
              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
              I partially agree. However, the rumors have circulated that as soon as Gailey came in, the coaches practically ignored him in practices. I think these rumors came from anonymous current players, actually, and they indicated the coaches really didn't try to help him get better or anything.

But at the same time, I absolutely feel where you guys are coming from, and in the end I don't think Aaron has any real reason to feel angry towards the Bills. Considering where we drafted him and what we paid him, he should feel pretty grateful.
              Why would they do that? From all accounts I thought he was given every chance and then some.
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by zone
                Why would they do that? From all accounts I thought he was given every chance and then some.
                I don't know, honestly. I just remember quotes coming out from anonymous players that indicated he wasn't given a fair chance at all by the coaches and that they ignored him. Maybe they were just resigned to believing he would never contribute, so they spent more time with their own guys than players drafted by Jauron.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Gailey is on the record having commented on Maybin several times. Quote "hasn't shown it in practice or games". He was even benched for his poor performance was being outplayed in practice. IMO, he was given ample opportunity and squandered it.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

They should have given him two more years.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
                      Gailey is on the record having commented on Maybin several times. Quote "hasn't shown it in practice or games". He was even benched for his poor performance was being outplayed in practice. IMO, he was given ample opportunity and squandered it.

i heard an interview with adolye i believe the LB from miami we had for the year and they pretty much asked about if he will ever contribute and he pretty much laughed and said he just doesnt have it.

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• Maybin's Revenge
                        • Nov 2011

The very fact that this forum has so many Maybin threads is indicative of many posters' fear that the team screwed up by letting Maybin go. Indeed, if these posters actually believed that Maybin stinks, they wouldn't feel obligated to start so many threads declaring it.

The truth, deep down, is that many Bills fans now believe--or strongly suspect--that they've blown it with Maybin. But very few posters on this forum will admit it. That's not a knock on this forum; all football forums are like that. Most fans just want to praise their team and knock the opponent.

But it is what it is.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Maybin's Revenge
                          T
                          The truth, deep down, is that many Bills fans now believe--or strongly suspect--that they've blown it with Maybin.
                          Maybe you've blown it on...i mean blown it with Maybin, but we certainly havent. Hes a 225 pound DE, dime a dozen, and just happens to fit in your system better than he did ours. Our staff made a mistake by drafting him so high, pure and simple. hes a decent player and nothing else.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                            • Feb 2009

You forgot that he held out before his first training camp.
                            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Beebe
                              • Aug 2011

YOU SUCK MAYBIN
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X