PDA

View Full Version : Jets Believe Bills can be exposed on D in Week 9

methos4ever
11-04-2011, 06:32 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-buffalo-bills-exposed-defense-nfl-week-9-article-1.972104

Two Quotes of note:

There may not be an exact science to deciphering the Bills’ opportunistic defense, but the Jets are well-aware that they can use Buffalo’s aggressiveness to their advantage on Sunday. Although Chan Gailey’s ball-hawking defense leads the league with 14 interceptions and is tied for the most takeaways (18), Mark Sanchez & Co. should be able to capitalize on a unit that gives up 386 yards each week.

“They’re playing sound defense, but they’re also taking a lot of risks,” tight end Dustin Keller said. “That’s why they’re able to make a lot of these turnovers. If we protect the ball, there’s going to be some opportunities for some big plays.”

That's a big if, considering they had those problems throughout the season!

And that leads me to this quote:

The Jets’ success on the ground against the Bills — they’ve averaged 279 yards in the last four games against Buffalo — should create play-action opportunities for Sanchez, who hasn’t taken many shots downfield. He should have time in the pocket against a defense that has recorded only 1 4 sacks ( 25th in the NFL).

What the author fails to mention regarding the Jets defense is, for all their blitzing (at least twice as much, if not more than we do) the Jets only have 18 sacks. So they're 3 Aaron Maybin 3rd and forever sacks from being right there with us.

I just cannot stand the fact the Jets feel they've earned anything this season. Or Maybin insinuating that he never got a fair shake here. He's 225 pounds right now! Just beat these guys and shut them up!

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Whatever. Dareus is going to be on a seek and destroy mission. Target: Dirty Sanchezes.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Wow, really?

We were exposed on D in weeks 2, 3, and 6. We were just lucky enough to come away with wins in 2 of the 3.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Yeah, because they'd be the FIRST TEAM EVER to do well against our defense.

I will never understand why a team like that feels they need to run their mouths. Who the heck have they beaten? One team with a record > 0.500 (barely) who just lost to the Chiefs? They blew their chances at a championship the last two years and they're on the wrong side of the hill.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-04-2011, 09:28 AM
What the hell does the this year run defense have anything to do with the 09 and 10 run defense. Our run d is leaps and bounds better than those defenses.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Wow, really?

We were exposed on D in weeks 2, 3, and 6. We were just lucky enough to come away with wins in 2 of the 3.

So then by your idiot logic the Bengals and Giants were "lucky" to win the two games we lost, okay chief, I got you.:laughing:

psubills62
11-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Wow, really?

You don't think we earned those wins?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
So then by your idiot logic the Bengals and Giants were "lucky" to win the two games we lost, okay chief, I got you.:laughing:

Um, no. There is absolutely no logical connection between what I said and you wrote here.

The Bengals beat us by shutting down our O, not by exposing our D. The Giants beat us by a combination of exposing our D and shutting down our O.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
You don't think we earned those wins?

On offense we did. On D we did not.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 09:42 AM
On offense we did. On D we did not.Right, the turnovers forced in those games (including defensive TD's) had nothing to do with the Bills winning.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Wow, really?

yeah. We were exposed in those games that the redskins used the blueprints from those games. :rolleyes:

We were also lucky that we shut down the redskins pass rush last sunday :laughing:

We were so lucky we got away 23-0 and nearly lost that one, right?

psubills62
11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Well then one unit having earned it doesn't mean we got lucky. It means we earned it despite some poor play from the other unit. Would you call a lot of New England's wins lucky simply because they have a great offense that manages to outpace the opponents despite a bad defense?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Right, the turnovers forced in those games (including defensive TD's) had nothing to do with the Bills winning.

Living off of big plays while giving up 30+ points and a ****load of yards is not a winning formula.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:45 AM
yeah. We were exposed in those games that the redskins used the blueprints from those games. :rolleyes:

We were also lucky that we shut down the redskins pass rush last sunday :laughing:

We were so lucky we got away 23-0 and nearly lost that one, right?

the Redskins are hapless, especially with all their injuries. Not a good way to make your point.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Living off of big plays while giving up 30+ points and a ****load of yards is not a winning formula.Didn't say it was. You stated the defense had nothing to do with wins in week 2 and 3. I'm saying the forced turnovers had a lot to do with the wins. Espeically against NE.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Living off of big plays while giving up 30+ points and a ****load of yards is not a winning formula.

while I agree that it could get better 5-2 is FACT and you have nothing but an opinion.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Didn't say it was. You stated the defense had nothing to do with wins in week 2 and 3. I'm saying the forced turnovers had a lot to do with the wins. Espeically against NE.

I didn't say they had nothing to do with it.

I said they didn't earn it.

If they didn't give up huge chunks of yards and points, those games are blowouts like Week 1, instead of last minute comebacks.

justasportsfan
the Redskins are hapless, especially with all their injuries. Not a good way to make your point.

yet you picked them to beat us? Now you're using that as an excuse? YOU GOT PWNED!

IF we beat the jets, whats your excuse?

psubills62
Um, no. There is absolutely no logical connection between what I said and you wrote here.

The Bengals beat us by shutting down our O, not by exposing our D. The Giants beat us by a combination of exposing our D and shutting down our O.
Boy, it looks like someone has gotten spoiled by Gailey's offense vs. the Jauron years. Not sure I'd describe 37 offensive points in two games as being shut down.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:48 AM
while I agree that it could get better 5-2 is FACT and you have nothing but an opinion.

Giving up 30+ points and tons of yards to the Patriots and Raiders are facts.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:49 AM
yet you picked them to beat us? Now you're using that as an excuse? YOU GOT PWNED!

IF we beat the jets, whats your excuse?

I already admitted that I was wrong about the Redskins.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Giving up 30+ points and tons of yards to the Patriots and Raiders are facts.

You said its not a winning formula yet we WON those games! The reality is we won despite giving up points so dont call yourself a REALIST when you are arguing with FACTS!

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
You said its not a winning formula yet we WON those games! The reality is we won despite giving up points so dont call yourself a REALIST when you are arguing with FACTS!

2 games is not a sufficient sample size. We don't get to play D's as bad as the Patriots every week.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 09:51 AM
I already admitted that I was wrong about the Redskins.

you're still making excuses with regards to being wrong?

mayotm
11-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Giving up 30+ points and tons of yards to the Patriots and Raiders are facts.The facts is the Bills won both games. The fact is the defense picked off Brady four times and returned one for a TD. Saying the defense didn't play a role in that win is absurd regardless of how many yards they gave up.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 09:52 AM
2 games is not a sufficient sample size. We don't get to play D's as bad as the Patriots every week.

you brought those two games up as an example, not me. Now those two games are not valid because it proved you to be wrong? You got PWNED again by your own examples.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:55 AM
The facts is the Bills won both games. The fact is the defense picked off Brady four times and returned one for a TD. Saying the defense didn't play a role in that win is absurd regardless of how many yards they gave up.

I didn't say they didn't play a role.

Stop attempting to put words in my mouth to make an invalid point. Doing 4 things right doesn't make up for doing a whole ****load of things wrong.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 09:56 AM
There's a 'Family Guy' episdoe where a mule is arguing with a man about whether Kevin Bacon was in the movie 'Footloose'. The mule continues to insist that Kevin Bacon was not in 'Footlose'. Reminds me of Op everytime I see it.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey OP, guess who are at the bottom of the league defensively? Packers and Patriots. While having bad defenses isn't IDEAL , you can still win with a bad D as long as you have an O to make up for it. So go argue with teams that are winning despite having bad defenses. One of them is still undefeated. Stop calling yourself a realist.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 09:57 AM
you brought those two games up as an example, not me. Now those two games are not valid because it proved you to be wrong? You got PWNED again by your own examples.

Say what you want cuz I don't have time to argue this out today.

You know that we cannot win by continuing to give up 30+ points a game and huge chunks of yards because we're not always going to get 4+ turnovers and we're not always going to get 38 out of our offense.

If you don't think the amount of yards and points we gave up to the Raiders, Patriots and Giants exposes our D, then you don't know football.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I didn't say they didn't play a role.

Stop attempting to put words in my mouth to make an invalid point. Doing 4 things right doesn't make up for doing a whole ****load of things wrong.In your warped world, a defense forcing four turnovers with a score isn't "earning it"? Whatever you say.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Say what you want cuz I don't have time to argue this out today.

You know that we cannot win by continuing to give up 30+ points a game and huge chunks of yards because we're not always going to get 4+ turnovers and we're not always going to get 38 out of our offense.

If you don't think the amount of yards and points we gave up to the Raiders, Patriots and Giants exposes our D, then you don't know football.
Not sure what you're arguing against here. Nobody said we would win if we continue to give up tons of points and yards. That's why the coaches worked on fixing the defense during the bye week.

The point is that we got two good wins against two good teams, no matter how many points we gave up. Our defense's job is to stop the other team from scoring more points than our offense.

Just because they don't force a blowout victory doesn't mean they didn't earn the win. Wow, that was a lot of negatives in that sentence.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Say what you want cuz I don't have time to argue this out today..
thats because you're PWNING yourself

You know that we cannot win by continuing to give up 30+ points a game and huge chunks of yards because we're not always going to get 4+ turnovers and we're not always going to get 38 out of our offense. .

Cannot? WE HAVE . I'm not saying we can consistently win by giving up so much but WE CAN. You yourself provided the FACTS!

bwahaha! You proved to us vs. the redskins that you know football and that the rest of us don't :roflmao:

You're arguing with the PAckers who are undefeated :laughing:

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
In your warped world, a defense forcing four turnovers with a score isn't "earning it"? Whatever you say.

You're ignoring the epic failure on the major issues of giving up yards and points.

No matter how many times you say it, doing 4 things right doesn't make up for countless mistakes.

TigerJ
11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I try not to react emotionally to things other teams say. I do try to understand why things have happened the way they have. Keller did not specify where he thought Buffalo's D was taking chances in order to get interceptions. Frankly, I don't see it, but then I'm not much for technical analysis of football. I know Buffalo has done very little blitzing to create pressure. Even last week with the ten sacks few of them came on blitzes. Obviously, Byrd's sack was a blitz, but most of them were on four man rushes. If anything, Buffalo has been extraordinarily cautious on defense, choosing not to blitz much when they were facing a bunch of productive running teams early in the season. Moreover, I don't think that the Bills cornerbacks have been jumping routes all season to get interceptions. So in what other ways might they be taking chances? It may be that Jets players are just reflecting the personality of their coach; brashness without substance. That's OK by me. I just find it a bit boring after a while.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 10:11 AM
thats because you're PWNING yourself

Cannot? WE HAVE . I'm not saying we can consistently win by giving up so much but WE CAN. You yourself provided the FACTS!

bwahaha! You proved to us vs. the redskins that you know football and that the rest of us don't :roflmao:

You're arguing with the PAckers who are undefeated :laughing:

Not taking the bait today.

stuckincincy
11-04-2011, 10:14 AM

Dunno.

CIN rang up 458 yards total offense, 25 fd's vs 12, ran 32 for 171, and BUF lost the kick game yardage battle, 85 yards to 23. Those 23 yards were on a ko return - they had zip in punt return yardage. Moorman can boom 'em - but sometimes you pay a cost by out-kicking your coverage - CIN got 69 yards of field position off his 8 kicks.

Not keeping a keen eye on RB Leonard late in the 4th was glaring. Everybody knows that he's CIN's late game go-to player. Shame on BUF's DC there....

mayotm
11-04-2011, 10:18 AM
You're ignoring the epic failure on the major issues of giving up yards and points.

No matter how many times you say it, doing 4 things right doesn't make up for countless mistakes.The four plays did make up for it. The Bills won the game. The defense held the Pats to 10 second half points. They forced three second half turnovers. The scored a second half TD. That's a defense earning a victory. You'd have a much more solid argument if you focused on the Bills defensive performance against Oakland. You can piss and moan (because that's what you're best at) about Bills wins, but 99.9% of us enjoy the wins. Regardless, of how they are "earned".

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Not taking the bait today.
bait? Not baiting you. Just presenting FACTS that you yourself provided. Like I said, I'm not saying we can continue to win if we give up a ton of points but WE CAN win as long as we're scoring more.

The Pats are giving up 160 ppg. The Packers 141 and the bills 147. You're arguing with successful teams most especially an undefeated team.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Still hatin Op.

All is right with the world!!!

stuckincincy
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
The four plays did make up for it. The Bills won the game. The defense held the Pats to 10 second half points. They forced three second half turnovers. The scored a second half TD. That's a defense earning a victory. You'd have a much more solid argument if you focused on the Bills defensive performance against Oakland. You can piss and moan (because that's what your best at) about Bills wins, but 99.9% of us enjoy the wins. Regardless, of how they are "earned".

Absolutely. But also, dissecting a game, poring over stats is enjoyable too. That's one of the sport's appeal.

stuckincincy
11-04-2011, 10:34 AM
bait? Not baiting you. Just presenting FACTS that you yourself provided. Like I said, I'm not saying we can continue to win if we give up a ton of points but WE CAN win as long as we're scoring more.

The Pats are giving up 160 ppg. The Packers 141 and the Bills 147. You're arguing with successful teams most especially an undefeated team.

Hmm...could you break those down by quarters? :kid:

mayotm
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Absolutely. But also, dissecting a game, poring over stats is enjoyable too. That's one of the sport's appeal.I agree that stats are fun. However, thinking back on that game (now or in the future) I'm never going to dwell on how many yards the Bills gave up. Instead, I'll focus on what a great win it was. I'll foucs on how electric the stadium was that day. I'll focus on the fans that were still inside The Ralph cheering 30 minutes after the game was over. It was a great team victory, yet still not good enough for some.

stuckincincy
11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I agree that stats are fun. However, thinking back on that game (now or in the future) I'm never going to dwell on how many yards the Bills gave up. Instead, I'll focus on what a great win it was. I'll foucs on how electric the stadium was that day. I'll focus on the fans that were still inside The Ralph cheering 30 minutes after the game was over. It was a great team victory, yet still not good enough for some.

Stream of consciousness? Which game are you're talking about?

mayotm
11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Stream of consciousness? Which game are you're talking about?The Pats game. Hopefully, this weekend tops that.

Philagape
11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Nobody's saying the Bills have a great defense, and it's true that turnovers won't work every week, but they absolutely earned the ones they've gotten so far, and therefore they've helped earn the victories. TOs are way more important than how many yards you give up.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Hmm...could you break those down by quarters? :kid:
don't have to. All I have to do is look at the W/L stat at the end of the games.

methos4ever
11-04-2011, 11:41 AM
This is exactly how I feel Jets and their fans have been this week....
Except replace Toronto ironically with Buffalo...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_oFQeKJ77nw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stuckincincy
11-04-2011, 11:46 AM
don't have to. All I have to do is look at the W/L stat at the end of the games.

I can.

Bills: Giving up 147 ppg/4 = 36.75 points per quarter. Impressive in light of a 5 -2 record!

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I agree that stats are fun. However, thinking back on that game (now or in the future) I'm never going to dwell on how many yards the Bills gave up. Instead, I'll focus on what a great win it was. I'll foucs on how electric the stadium was that day. I'll focus on the fans that were still inside The Ralph cheering 30 minutes after the game was over. It was a great team victory, yet still not good enough for some.

And this is your downfall. That's great for a couple of hours after the win.

But now we're several weeks after that win. If you don't believe that flaws can be shown in a win, see 2008. Or 2005. Or 2003. Or 2002.

Bill Cody
11-04-2011, 12:10 PM
You know Op's grasping at straws when the whines have gone from just winning games to now not "earning" wins. But it's a remarkably silly thing to say for one simple reason: offenses don't "earn" wins, defenses don't "earn" wins, teams earn wins.

If we win 3-0 the offense did what it had to do that week, same as the D if we win 38-35. Buffalo hasn't graduated to the point where we can talk about style points, we just need to keep winning however we can do it. And in case folks haven't noticed, offense is up around the league and defenses are down. Outscoring your opponent is known as.....(wait for it) winning.

better days
11-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Well, it is a TEAM game. How many wins do you think the Pats* defense deserved to win?

Oaf
11-04-2011, 12:14 PM

The Patriots and Packers would have something to say about that.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 12:16 PM
You know Op's grasping at straws when the whines have gone from just winning games to now not "earning" wins. But it's a remarkably silly thing to say for one simple reason: offenses don't "earn" wins, defenses don't "earn" wins, teams earn wins.

If we win 3-0 the offense did what it had to do that week, same as the D if we win 38-35. Buffalo hasn't graduated to the point where we can talk about style points, we just need to keep winning however we can do it. And in case folks haven't noticed, offense is up around the league and defenses are down. Outscoring your opponent is known as.....(wait for it) winning.

WTF are you talking about? I wasn't whining about wins.

I was simply pointing out that our D has flaws that have already been exposed.

Here's what you people are failing to see: just because you won the last game doesn't mean you'll win the next one. Every time I try to analyze what happened in the past and come up with some reasonable expectation of what will happen in the future, people like you and maytom who don't want to hear it accuse me of complaining about wins.

Yes, we have a winning record. That doesn't mean the team is perfect or immune from criticism in reasonable analysis. This D has flaws. Deal with it.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 12:17 PM
The Patriots and Packers would have something to say about that.

and when our O is as dominant as the Patriots' and Packers' O, then you'll have a point.

better days
And this is your downfall. That's great for a couple of hours after the win.

But now we're several weeks after that win. If you don't believe that flaws can be shown in a win, see 2008. Or 2005. Or 2003. Or 2002.

Well this Bills offense is MUCH better than the offense in 2008, 2005, 2003 or 2002.

Goobylal
The Jets sure talk a lot, for a team who hasn't beaten anyone good yet. Just as they think the Bills' defense can be exploited, the Bills know the Jets' D and O can be exploited.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Well, it is a TEAM game. How many wins do you think the Pats* defense deserved to win?

Not many but it's still stupid to say our D hasn't been exposed just because we won the games.

better days
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Not many but it's still stupid to say our D hasn't been exposed just because we won the games.

The only thing that matters is who has the most points on the board when the whistle blows in the 4th qtr.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM
and when our O is as dominant as the Patriots' and Packers' O, then you'll have a point.

1. Green Bay Packers - 32.9 points per game
3. Buffalo Bills - 30.1 points per game
5. New England Patriots - 28.9 points per game

You were saying?

psubills62
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
WTF are you talking about? I wasn't whining about wins.

I was simply pointing out that our D has flaws that have already been exposed.

Here's what you people are failing to see: just because you won the last game doesn't mean you'll win the next one. Every time I try to analyze what happened in the past and come up with some reasonable expectation of what will happen in the future, people like you and maytom who don't want to hear it accuse me of complaining about wins.

Yes, we have a winning record. That doesn't mean the team is perfect or immune from criticism in reasonable analysis. This D has flaws. Deal with it.
Saying our D has flaws is much different than saying it didn't earn a win.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Our defense is still very flawed, and not having kyle williams only makes it worse. We can't expect the big plays and tipped ints every week...sooner or later we're going to have to stop teams, and consistently force 3 and outs. The skins game was encouraging, but it's hard to take stock in it considering how injury-riddled and anemic washington is.

The matchup i'm most looking forward to is Mangold vs Dareus...this will be an excellent litmus test for our promising young rook.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM

You were saying?

lmao.

The Patriots and Packers have been doing it for years. The Bills have gotten it right for less than half a season.

Will the Bills' offensive prowess continue? It could, but it's also a lot more likely to fall apart than the more established offenses of the Packers and Patriots. See 2002. Our O completely fell apart in the 2nd half of the season.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Saying our D has flaws is much different than saying it didn't earn a win.

it's semantics IMO.

When you give up 35 points and a ton of yards, you didn't earn **** IMO.

RoscoeMagic
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but hopefully Kelsay plays this week. He's listed as questionable and a likely game-time decision.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
it's semantics IMO.

When you give up 35 points and a ton of yards, you didn't earn **** IMO.It's not semantics. Nobody in this thread has stated that the Bills have a good defense. Nor has anybody stated they don't have flaws. People are arguing your point that the defense didn't "earn" the wins.

better days
11-04-2011, 12:51 PM
lmao.

The Patriots and Packers have been doing it for years. The Bills have gotten it right for less than half a season.

Will the Bills' offensive prowess continue? It could, but it's also a lot more likely to fall apart than the more established offenses of the Packers and Patriots. See 2002. Our O completely fell apart in the 2nd half of the season.

I posted before the start of the season that we could be seeing the end of the Pats* run. I think I was right about that.

Their defense is terrible & Brady is starting to look human. 4 Picks against the Bills & Brady did not even see that strip of the ball at the end of the game coming last week. No way that would have happened in the past.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Dude Op this team is 5-2. Give it a rest for once and quit nit picking. Try to actually enjoy a season for once

psubills62
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
it's semantics IMO.

When you give up 35 points and a ton of yards, you didn't earn **** IMO.
If our offense has scored more than 35 points, then they earned a win. If our offense has scored less than 35 points, then they earned a loss.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 12:57 PM
lmao.

Your exact words were: "when our O is as dominant as the Patriots' and Packers' O"

Guess what? Our offense is and has been as dominant as the Packers and Patriots offense. They were as dominant in the games we're talking about. We're not talking about future games. And we're not talking about 2002 or even 2010. We're talking about games that happened in 2011, when our offense has been dominant.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Our offense hasn't looked dominant since week 3, tbh.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 01:06 PM

You were saying?
Also, I can frame it in terms of adjusted numbers. I've taken each team's opponents, found how many points each team gives up on defense per game and then subtract that from said team's offensive output.

For example, Green Bay's opponents are allowing 25 points per game. Thus, their adjusted offensive strength is 32.9 - 25 = 7.9.

With that in mind, here's the adjusted offensive output for each of those teams so far:

Green Bay: 7.89
Buffalo: 7.93
New England: 6.76

Green Bay has played some pretty weak teams so far, so I felt it was prudent to show that.

But I guess an offense CANNOT be good unless it was good for years beforehand :rolleyes:

psubills62
11-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Then I don't think you can say any offense is truly dominant. Nobody's going to score 40+ points every week. Every team looks bad at times...maybe people here didn't watch the Packers play the Vikings? Certainly didn't look dominant in that game, despite playing a sub-par team.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 01:12 PM
It's not semantics. Nobody in this thread has stated that the Bills have a good defense. Nor has anybody stated they don't have flaws. People are arguing your point that the defense didn't "earn" the wins.

Well only fans who have accepted mediocrity would defend a D that gave up 35 points.

stuckincincy
11-04-2011, 01:13 PM
:duel: :zapper: :smashfrea :popcorn:

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Your exact words were: "when our O is as dominant as the Patriots' and Packers' O"

Guess what? Our offense is and has been as dominant as the Packers and Patriots offense. They were as dominant in the games we're talking about. We're not talking about future games. And we're not talking about 2002 or even 2010. We're talking about games that happened in 2011, when our offense has been dominant.

Well, go ahead and neglect the fact that the Bills' offensive production has been steadily dropping since week 3 since it doesn't prove your point.

better days
11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Well only fans who have accepted mediocrity would defend a D that gave up 35 points.

If 5-2 is mediocre, I will accept that.

better days
11-04-2011, 01:17 PM

They looked dominant last week against the Skins. They looked like they could have put up as many points as needed to win that game.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Then I don't think you can say any offense is truly dominant. Nobody's going to score 40+ points every week. Every team looks bad at times...maybe people here didn't watch the Packers play the Vikings? Certainly didn't look dominant in that game, despite playing a sub-par team.

The Pack put up 33 points on 450 yards of offense. Rodgers threw for over 330 yds and had an 80% completion %. Their running game got 110 yards and more than 4 a carry.

If that's not a dominant offensive performance then i have no idea what is...

psubills62
11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Well, go ahead and neglect the fact that the Bills' offensive production has been steadily dropping since week 3 since it doesn't prove your point.
Dropping to 23 points? I'll take that. It's obvious we've done better (30+ points) against bad defenses and OK (20+ points) against good defenses.

And by the way, New England's production has also been steadily dropping (38, 35, 31, 31, 30, 20, 17). I guess that means they're going to be scoring 3 points by the time they meet us, right?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Dropping to 23 points? I'll take that. It's obvious we've done better (30+ points) against bad defenses and OK (20+ points) against good defenses.

And by the way, New England's production has also been steadily dropping (38, 35, 31, 31, 30, 20, 17). I guess that means they're going to be scoring 3 points by the time they meet us, right?

no, because they get to play our D.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:26 PM
They looked dominant last week against the Skins. They looked like they could have put up as many points as needed to win that game.

That's cause 3 points is all that was needed.

better days
11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
That's cause 3 points is all that was needed.

Yet they put up 23. 20 more than they needed. They could have put up another 20 if they had to. They were just eating the clock for the entire 2nd half after the 1st drive.

Goobylal
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM
The defense can and should get much better over the 2nd half of the season.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM
The Pack put up 33 points on 450 yards of offense. Rodgers threw for over 330 yds and had an 80% completion %. Their running game got 110 yards and more than 4 a carry.

If that's not a dominant offensive performance then i have no idea what is...
How about 49 points against the Broncos?

Packers settled for a lot of field goals in that game (4) and had to punt several times, including just before Minnesota's last possession when the Vikings were only down by 6.

I'm guessing Op would say the Packers' D didn't earn a win that game, as they gave up 27 points to a rookie QB and crap talent.

psubills62
11-04-2011, 01:31 PM
no, because they get to play our D.
And we get to play theirs.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Yet they put up 23. 20 more than they needed. They could have put up another 20 if they had to. They were just eating the clock for the entire 2nd half after the 1st drive.

If they could have, they would have.

Or else, why didn't they employ those same tactics against KC?

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
How about 49 points against the Broncos?

Packers settled for a lot of field goals in that game (4) and had to punt several times, including just before Minnesota's last possession when the Vikings were only down by 6.

I'm guessing Op would say the Packers' D didn't earn a win that game, as they gave up 27 points to a rookie QB and crap talent.

Ok, so they settled for 4 fg's yet still put up insane offensive numbers. If thats what their offense looks like on a down week then god help us all.

better days
11-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Or else, why didn't they employ those same tastics against KC?

Because Chan wanted to make a statement to KC & Haley the team & Coach that fired him. They were going to put up every point they could in that game.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Because Chan wanted to make a statement to KC & Haley the team & Coach that fired him. They were going to put up every point they could in that game.

Or maybe teams are starting to catch on, and/or our redzone O is starting to sputter a bit.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 01:38 PM

We have the most points scored for, and the fewest scored against in the AFC East. Any other sweet points you want to try to make?

mayotm
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Or else, why didn't they employ those same tactics against KC?The Bills attempted 7 passes in the second half against the Redskins. They were content to run clock because they knew the Redskins couldn't come back.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 01:40 PM

His point is FAR more valid than yours. Youre seriously trying to cry about not scoring near 40 like we did the first couple of weeks? You really expected that to keep up? Who do you think suffered the most from the lockout, obviously defenses. This team has surprised us all and no matter what happens from here its been a great season that nobody saw coming and youre still trying to complain and cry about it. Just admit youre a whiner who loves to hear himself

mayotm
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Well only fans who have accepted mediocrity would defend a D that gave up 35 points.If you want to call what the Bills have done so far this season mediocre, then yes, I accpet mediocrity.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 01:45 PM

lol. Look at OP backpedal.

just like ...

"The redskins will beat the bills because bills CANNOT handle pressure and CANNOT win in TO.

23-0 bills win.

"but the redskins were injured "

Pathetic.

better days
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Or maybe teams are starting to catch on, and/or our redzone O is starting to sputter a bit.

You are WRONG. The Bills will prove that to you Sunday.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Nobody's whining, tbh...i just think we need to ease up on the hyperbole when describing our team. The bills offense has been good--its regressed somewhat-- but its still been good. Not dominating though.

Our defense has many flaws, and until they're corrected we'll have problems with the better teams.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 01:49 PM
You are WRONG. The Bills will prove that to you Sunday.

Against the Jet D? Dude i would LOVE to be wrong, and if i am I will readily admit it. Nothing would make me happier than eating crow on monday.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Against the Jet D? Dude i would LOVE to be wrong, and if i am I will readily admit it. Nothing would make me happier than eating crow on monday.It's a win win for posters such as yourself and Op. If the Bills win, you can be happy and take a little crap next week. If they lose, you can post your "I told you so" all next week.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
His point is FAR more valid than yours. Youre seriously trying to cry about not scoring near 40 like we did the first couple of weeks? You really expected that to keep up? Who do you think suffered the most from the lockout, obviously defenses. This team has surprised us all and no matter what happens from here its been a great season that nobody saw coming and youre still trying to complain and cry about it. Just admit youre a whiner who loves to hear himself

Lmao, reading comprehension has never been your strong suit.

Our D gave up 35 points. We won because the O played lights out and scored 38.

I'm not "crying" about anything. I'm simply pointing out that the ways to beat our D have been exposed. If the team can't continue to put up 40 points on offense, it's going to get harder and harder to win games.

All I did was point out a fact: this D hasn't been very good and has been exposed in several games. That's true whether you guys want to admit it or not. Just because we won the game doesn't mean everything's perfect and it doesn't mean there aren't problems that will surface down the road. I point that out, and then it starts "Waaaahhhhh Op's crying, waaaaaaahhh Op's complaining about a win. Waaaaahhhh Op's a whiner."

It doesn't surprise me, but I do find it hilarious that you people don't see the irony in the way you whine about every single time you think I'm whining.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 01:59 PM
It's a win win for posters such as yourself and Op. If the Bills win, you can be happy and take a little crap next week. If they lose, you can post your "I told you so" all next week.

That's the exact opposite of how it works. If we win, then people like me have to come admit we're wrong. If we lose, then we can't take any glory in being right because we still lost.

It's lose-lose to try to point out the truth to some of you.

And for the record, I've tried as hard as I can to avoid the "I told you so's." But no matter how right I've been and how many times I've been correct despite taking all sorts of crap on here, people still give me crap and refuse to listen.

FlyingDutchman has pointed out that nothing I say is incredibly insightful and most of the things I've been right about have been obvious. I agree with him on this point, yet, for some reason, people continue to argue with the rather obvious points. It makes no sense- it's all about shooting the messenger for saying something you don't want to hear.

So **** it. From now on, I'm going full-on "I told you so" when I'm right. And if you don't like it, too damn bad. Just start agreeing with me in the first place.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 01:59 PM

I'm not "crying" about anything. I'm simply pointing out that the ways to beat our D have been exposed. If the team can't continue to put up 40 points on offense, it's going to get harder and harder to win games.

All I did was point out a fact: this D hasn't been very good and has been exposed in several games. That's true whether you guys want to admit it or not. Just because we won the game doesn't mean everything's perfect and it doesn't mean there aren't problems that will surface down the road. I point that out, and then it starts "Waaaahhhhh Op's crying, waaaaaaahhh Op's complaining about a win. Waaaaahhhh Op's a whiner."

It doesn't surprise me, but I do find it hilarious that you people don't see the irony in the way you whine about every single time you think I'm whining.
Except that's not all you did. YOu got into this whole thing about "earning" wins. That's the piece people were taking exception with. It doesn't take much insight to point out that the Bills defense hasn't been very good in several games. Nobody was arguing that point.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 02:00 PM
That's the exact opposite of how it works. If we win, then people like me have to come admit we're wrong. If we lose, then we can't take any glory in being right because we still lost.

It's lose-lose to try to point out the truth to some of you.

And for the record, I've tried as hard as I can to avoid the "I told you so's." But no matter how right I've been and how many times I've been correct despite taking all sorts of crap on here, people still give me crap and refuse to listen.

FlyingDutchman has pointed out that nothing I say is incredibly insightful and most of the things I've been right about have been obvious. I agree with him on this point, yet, for some reason, people continue to argue with the rather obvious points. It makes no sense- it's all about shooting the messenger for saying something you don't want to hear.

So **** it. From now on, I'm going full-on "I told you so" when I'm right. And if you don't like it, too damn bad. Just start agreeing with me in the first place.You've always been full on "I told you so". Nothing's changing.

better days

The Bills proved they could put up 40 against KC but I think they only did that because Chan wanted to rub it in their faces.

If the Bills are ahead of another team like the Skins Sunday, Chan has shown he will let off on the gas.

OpIv37
Except that's not all you did. YOu got into this whole thing about "earning" wins. That's the piece people were taking exception with. It doesn't take much insight to point out that the Bills defense hasn't been very good in several games. Nobody was arguing that point.

I'm not interested in arguing semantics. My opinion is that a D that gave up 35 points and a ****-ton of yards didn't earn anything. Feel free to disagree if you don't mind being wrong.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
You've always been full on "I told you so". Nothing's changing.

That's not true at all. People just say that when they get tired of being wrong all the time.

mayotm
11-04-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm not interested in arguing semantics. My opinion is that a D that gave up 35 points and a ****-ton of yards didn't earn anything. Feel free to disagree if you don't mind being wrong.The game we've been arguing about mostly is the NE game. The Bills only gave 31 points in that game. So you're wrong about that. Plus, how can you argue that the four interceptions did not play a huge role in that game. It's completely illogical.

wmoz11
11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I think you'll see our defensive numbers improve quite a bit down the stretch. We've played some great offenses so far: NE, Eagles, Oakland w/ healthy McFadden and Campbell, and the Giants.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 02:10 PM
It's a win win for posters such as yourself and Op. If the Bills win, you can be happy and take a little crap next week. If they lose, you can post your "I told you so" all next week.

Not true at all but hey...somebody's gotta be the bad guy when we lose.

I just think that after 11 years of atrocious football fans would learn to temper their expectations. This season has been a joy to watch so far, but we are not infallible. There are still many flaws, and some of these could hurt us down the road.

Too many people here have the "kid in the candy store" syndrome because we're finally playing well. It's not all sunshine and daisies, fellas. It's been good so far, but we are flawed team that has a long way to go.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:11 PM
We have the most points scored for, and the fewest scored against in the AFC East. Any other sweet points you want to try to make?

OP you still havent addressed this yet

OpIv37
The game we've been arguing about mostly is the NE game. The Bills only gave 31 points in that game. So you're wrong about that. Plus, how can you argue that the four interceptions did not play a huge role in that game. It's completely illogical.

All the 4 INT's did was make up for their other ****-ups just enough to allow the O to win.

Screw up, do something to make amends for the screw up, then ask for credit because you made amends.

You know what's better than that? You know what's truly earning something? Not screwing up in the first place.

Bill Cody

I'm still struggling to get my arms around your point here. We're all feeling pretty good here at 5-2 but you feel the need to interject some "reality" so we don't actually enjoy that record? If we were Packer fans our team wouldn't have "earned" 7-0 because their D has been even worse than ours? The Pats haven't "earned" their 5-2 record either? Confusing. Please forgive me, this concept of "earned" wins is a new one to me.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:13 PM
OP you still havent addressed this yet

We won't keep pace with NE's offense over the course of the season.

As far as points allowed, NE's defense blows. We all know that. I'm surprised we've allowed fewer points than the Jets. I don't have any explanation or comment on that.

The Dolphins, well, they just suck.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:14 PM
All the 4 INT's did was make up for their other ****-ups just enough to allow the O to win.

Screw up, do something to make amends for the screw up, then ask for credit because you made amends.

You know what's better than that? You know what's truly earning something? Not screwing up in the first place.

They earned those turnovers by applying pressure and making the play. Youre wrong again buddy

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:15 PM

As far as points allowed, NE's defense blows. We all know that. I'm surprised we've allowed fewer points than the Jets. I don't have any explanation or comment on that.

So NE's defense blows, would that mean you consider them a bad team who has just gotten lucky with your logic?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:15 PM
OP when youre finally right for once about something that isnt obvious, you can go right ahead and tell us. Until then youve been wrong and will probably continue to be wrong

once again, I agree that a lot of what I say is obvious. I'm still waiting for you to explain why people still insist on arguing with me about it.

And I'm not wrong. You just think I am because your definition of "right" or "wrong" is simply based on how many people are arguing against me vs how many are arguing with me. There is no logic or objectivity to it.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
So NE's defense blows, would that mean you consider them a bad team who has just gotten lucky with your logic?

They have a truly dominant offense. They can get by with a D that blows, at least to a certain point.

Our O can be dominant at times, but isn't all the time. We need our D to contribute more if we are going to continue to win.

It's quite obvious, really, yet people are arguing with me about it. Hmmm....

mayotm
11-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Not true at all but hey...somebody's gotta be the bad guy when we lose.

I just think that after 11 years of atrocious football fans would learn to temper their expectations. This season has been a joy to watch so far, but we are not infallible. There are still many flaws, and some of these could hurt us down the road.

Too many people here have the "kid in the candy store" syndrome because we're finally playing well. It's not all sunshine and daisies, fellas. It's been good so far, but we are flawed team that has a long way to go.I don't see anybody saying this team is perfect. Most people realize the team has some flaws. Especially on defense. What I see are most people simply enjoying the moment. I'm sorry that some people don't get any joy out of the team. Even during the good times.

Bill Cody
11-04-2011, 02:20 PM

In the end we have the opportunity right in front of us and in our control if we win games, which noone here except you cares how we do it. Your opinion on what will or won't happen is no better than the rest of ours, I've seen zero evidence of any special insight you have on the game. And in this thread you pick and choose facts to fit your argument. Therefore you're dismissed.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:23 PM
In the end we have the opportunity right in front of us and in our control if we win games, which noone here except you cares how we do it. Your opinion on what will or won't happen is no better than the rest of ours, I've seen zero evidence of any special insight you have on the game. And in this thread you pick and choose facts to fit your argument. Therefore you're dismissed.

Except that I never tried to make any predictions about the upcoming game in this thread or anywhere else on the board.

I simply pointed out that our D has not been very good, but people chose to argue with me anyway because they took exception to me saying that the D didn't "earn" the victory.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:27 PM
They have a truly dominant offense. They can get by with a D that blows, at least to a certain point.

Our O can be dominant at times, but isn't all the time. We need our D to contribute more if we are going to continue to win.

It's quite obvious, really, yet people are arguing with me about it. Hmmm....

we average 31 points a game and we're not a dominant offense? why does your ******ed logic apply for other teams and not the bills. Dont give me the "we're scoring less" cop out crap. We have the most points for and fewest against in the division which if you were told that in the beginning of the season you would have said no way and been wrong AGAIN. Here we are in first place, and leading the division in both categories and youre still complaining. We know our defense isnt that good, but get off they dont deserve the wins and getting lucky crap. Your argument is ******ed and getting desperate

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't see anybody saying this team is perfect. Most people realize the team has some flaws. Especially on defense. What I see are most people simply enjoying the moment. I'm sorry that some people don't get any joy out of the team. Even during the good times.

So i can't enjoy the season AND be critical of the team? My bad, i wasn't aware those two things were mutually exclusive.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
once again, I agree that a lot of what I say is obvious. I'm still waiting for you to explain why people still insist on arguing with me about it.

And I'm not wrong. You just think I am because your definition of "right" or "wrong" is simply based on how many people are arguing against me vs how many are arguing with me. There is no logic or objectivity to it.

Na you can get that out of your head of me considering you being wrong based on popular vote, ive just seen you wrong so many times more than being right Im just used to it. People start arguing when you start going off into random rabbit holes to try to push anal points while you completely miss the big picture. You have a weird personality that just feels the need to argue and needs gratification. I wouldnt be surprised if you cheer against the Bills half the time

mayotm
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
So i can't enjoy the season AND be critical of the team? My bad, i wasn't aware those two things were mutually exclusive.
No problem. Now you know.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
we average 31 points a game and we're not a dominant offense? why does your ******ed logic apply for other teams and not the bills. Dont give me the "weve scoring less" cop out crap. We have the most points for and fewest against in the division which if you were told that in the beginning of the season you would have said no way and been wrong AGAIN. Here we are in first place, and leading the division in both categories and youre still complaining. We know our defense isnt that good, but get off they dont deserve the wins and getting lucky crap. Your argument is ******ed and getting desperate

Did our O look dominant against the Giants? The Bengals? The Redskins? 23 points is good but it's hardly dominant.

Great debating technique- speculate how I would respond if I was asked a question that I was never asked, then tell me that I'm wrong because of your guess at what I would have said if I had ever been asked the question. That's completely logical.

And I love it how you dismiss the fact that we're scoring less as a "cop out." I guess any facts that prove me right can be dismissed as "cop outs" whereas if I attempt to dismiss a fact I'm "******ed?" You are extremely inconsistent.

And if you know the D isn't that good, why the **** are you people still arguing with me? Jesus Christ.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Na you can get that out of your head of me considering you being wrong based on popular vote, ive just seen you wrong so many times more than being right Im just used to it. People start arguing when you start going off into random rabbit holes to try to push anal points while you completely miss the big picture. You have a weird personality that just feels the need to argue and needs gratification. I wouldnt be surprised if you cheer against the Bills half the time

You know, I was going to let this post go until it came to this last point. I'm the one suggesting that the D needs to get better, meanwhile there are other people in this thread trying to say that the D giving up 31 points is acceptable.

And you accuse ME of rooting against the team? Go **** yourself.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey look at OP

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bFvnKKINDHs/To-Ui4By_bI/AAAAAAAAJjA/ep_u9M2gtTM/s1600/Crying%2BBaby%2BNatural%2BHigh%2Bfor%2BSome%2BMoms.jpg

Ed
11-04-2011, 02:43 PM
You know, I was going to let this post go until it came to this last point. I'm the one suggesting that the D needs to get better, meanwhile there are other people in this thread trying to say that the D giving up 31 points is acceptable.

Play nice.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 02:43 PM
No problem. Now you know.

Thank you for showing me the way, now i can follow the herd.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey look at OP

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bFvnKKINDHs/To-Ui4By_bI/AAAAAAAAJjA/ep_u9M2gtTM/s1600/Crying%2BBaby%2BNatural%2BHigh%2Bfor%2BSome%2BMoms.jpg

Posting recycled internet memes is really cool, and it really drives your point home.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey look at OP

Hey look at Dutchman responding to my posts:

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Posting recycled internet memes is really cool, and it really drives your point home.

So does telling me to go eff myself. Sorry did I offend you and your boyfriend?

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey look at Dutchman responding to my posts:

A little redundant dont you think? Everyone knew that was my response already. Cheer up, I like your overalls

mayotm
11-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Thank you for showing me the way, now i can follow the herd.No need to follow the herd. Please continue being the message board rebel that you are. Your criticisms of the team are incredibly insightful. Afterall, those of us who don't constantly criticize every aspect of the team must think the team is perfect.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 02:53 PM
So does telling me to go eff myself. Sorry did I offend you and your boyfriend?

lol, Its just sad to see your argument fail and devolve into meme smack. U got any "u mad?" pics you're waiting to unleash too?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:53 PM
A little redundant dont you think? Everyone knew that was my response already. Cheer up, I like your overalls

Eh, your schtick of accusing me of whining just so you can whine about me supposedly whining is getting old.

better days
11-04-2011, 02:54 PM

As far as I'm concerned, the team giving up 31 points is acceptable as long as the Bills score 32.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 02:55 PM
No need to follow the herd. Please continue being the message board rebel that you are. Your criticisms of the team are incredibly insightful. Afterall, those of us who don't constantly criticize every aspect of the team must think the team is perfect.

And on the flipside those of us that criticize the team MUST take no joy in this season.

Nice exercise in hypocrisy, guy.

Bill Cody
11-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Except that I never tried to make any predictions about the upcoming game in this thread or anywhere else on the board.

I simply pointed out that our D has not been very good, but people chose to argue with me anyway because they took exception to me saying that the D didn't "earn" the victory.

You make predictions galore in this thread. We won't keep up with NE's offense. Our offense isn't dominant even though it has performed like one. GB gets a pass on poor D but we don't. And yes saying we didn't "earn" our victories is quite a bit different than simply saying we have work to do on the defensive side of the ball. And you know that, just another of your countless "move the goal posts" arguments.

Games in the NFL run the gammit, defensive struggles, shootouts, turnover fests. We are not going to accept "yeah buts" from you or anyone else on wins after a decade of futility nor should we.

Sundays a big game. Style points DO NOT MATTER. If the offense scuffles Sunday and we win an ugly ugly game 17-13 or something I'll be happy. If we win a shootout same thing, very happy and no "yeah buts". Will you?

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Eh, your schtick of accusing me of whining just so you can whine about me supposedly whining is getting old.

yes im simplying accusing you, and by no means are you the biggest cry baby whiner this site has :sad:

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
So does telling me to go eff myself.

it wouldn't have happened if you didn't go for the low blow and challenge my fanhood.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
You make predictions galore in this thread. We won't keep up with NE's offense. Our offense isn't dominant even though it has performed like one. GB gets a pass on poor D but we don't. And yes saying we didn't "earn" our victories is quite a bit different than simply saying we have work to do on the defensive side of the ball. And you know that, just another of your countless "move the goal posts" arguments.

Games in the NFL run the gammit, defensive struggles, shootouts, turnover fests. We are not going to accept "yeah buts" from you or anyone else on wins after a decade of futility nor should we.

Sundays a big game. Style points DO NOT MATTER. If the offense scuffles Sunday and we win an ugly ugly game 17-13 or something I'll be happy. If we win a shootout same thing, very happy and no "yeah buts". Will you?

Can you read? I said I didn't make any predictions about the UPCOMING GAME in this thread. You accuse me of making a poor prediction about the upcoming game, when I point out that I never made that prediction, then you stop talking about upcoming games and start talking about general predictions. You're more than a little incoherent. And then you accuse ME of making "move the goal post" arguments? WTF

You are correct about one thing- style points do not matter when it comes to getting a W in the last game. But the flaws exposed by those lack of "style points" can most certainly have effects in future games. That's all I'm trying to say.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 03:06 PM
it wouldn't have happened if you didn't go for the low blow and challenge my fanhood.

Youre so obsessed with being right, im almost positive you root against this team. Sorry bud. Spare the water works though. Not interested

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Did our O look dominant against the Giants? The Bengals? The Redskins? 23 points is good but it's hardly dominant.

the Pats scored 17 pts against the 2nd ranked D Steelers , the bills score 23 vs the 4th ranked Bengals.

The bills score 23 on the redksins (despite running up the clock in the 2nd half) and the Pats score 20 on the cowboys.

the PAts score a total of 37 pts their last 2 games while the bills scored 47.

Yet the Pats are dominant and the bills arent. OP is pulling logic from his ass

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM
the Pats scored 17 pts against the 2nd ranked D Steelers , the bills score 23 vs the 4th ranked Bengals.

The bills score 23 on the redksins (despite running up the clock in the 2nd half) and the Pats score 20 on the cowboys.

the PAts score a total of 37 pts their last 2 games while the bills scored 47.

Yet the Pats are dominant and the bills arent. OP is pulling logic from his ass

lmao- because the criteria for being a dominant offense relies solely on our last 2 games vs their last 2 games right?

You're pulling comparisons out of your ass.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I'll never understand how "wanting your team to improve" means you are rooting against them.

Can somebody please explain this?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Youre so obsessed with being right, im almost positive you root against this team. Sorry bud. Spare the water works though. Not interested

That is **** logic. Some of us are capable of divorcing what we WANT to happen from what we EXPECT to happen. The people that can't are the ones like you who insist on arguing with me.

streetkings01
11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
On offense we did. On D we did not.We held the Pats to 10 2nd half points(7 of those coming with 2 minutes to go) and forced three 2nd half turnover(defense scored 7 off of one), how can you say we didn't deserve to win because of the defense?

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 03:15 PM
lmao- because the criteria for being a dominant offense relies solely on our last 2 games vs their last 2 games right?

You're pulling comparisons out of your ass.

you brought this up , not me

the PAtriots O has been dropping even further than the bills. FACT! Yet the Patriots O is dominant and the bills O isn't.

They have a truly dominant offense.

Arent you tired of getting PWNED by what you call your own logic?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 03:17 PM
We held the Pats to 10 2nd half points(7 of those coming with 2 minutes to go) and forced three 2nd half turnover(defense scored 7 off of one), how can you say we didn't deserve to win because of the defense?

because if the D didn't completely **** up the first half, we wouldn't have needed those kinds of heroics to win.

Like I already said:

Screw up, make amends for the screw up, then ask for credit for making amends. The better thing to do is not screw up in the first place.

streetkings01
11-04-2011, 03:18 PM

You're pulling comparisons out of your ass.Pats offense is far from dominant. What we have over them is a consistent running game........the Pats haven't been able to run the ball this year besides that one game against the Jets. Teams will figure the Pats out long before they figure us out.

FlyingDutchman
That is **** logic. Some of us are capable of divorcing what we WANT to happen from what we EXPECT to happen. The people that can't are the ones like you who insist on arguing with me.

http://www.osovo.com/pics/crying/crying-baby06.jpg

OpIv37
you brought this up , not me

the PAtriots O has been dropping even further than the bills. FACT! Yet the Patriots O is dominant and the bills O isn't.

Arent you tired of getting PWNED by what you call your own logic?

Are you seriously trying to argue that the Bills' O is on the same level as the Patriots?

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.osovo.com/pics/crying/crying-baby06.jpg

Lose the argument, accuse me of whining, accuse me of not being a fan and post pictures of babies. Nice.

OpIv37
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Pats offense is far from dominant. What we have over them is a consistent running game........the Pats haven't been able to run the ball this year besides that one game against the Jets. Teams will figure the Pats out long before they figure us out.

Yeah I've been hearing for 8 years about how people were going to figure the Pats out and they were finally on the downward spiral. Hasn't happened yet.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Are you seriously trying to argue that the Bills' O is on the same level as the Patriots?

NO, you're the one arguing with FACTS.I'm merely presenting them.

Whether it remains that way, I don't know but for now the FACTS are FACTS

better days
11-04-2011, 03:24 PM

I will argue that it is THIS YEAR SO FAR.

better days
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah I've been hearing for 8 years about how people were going to figure the Pats out and they were finally on the downward spiral. Hasn't happened yet.

Well I have been one of the people saying it was a matter of time before the Pats* take that downward spiral. It looks like that time is drawing NEAR.

justasportsfan
11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I will argue that it is THIS YEAR SO FAR.
watch OP backpedal to the last decade.

better days
11-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I'll never understand how "wanting your team to improve" means you are rooting against them.

Can somebody please explain this?

I don't think you or Op are rooting against the Bills BUT the team is 5-2 NOT 2-5 as MANY had them predicted to be by now. There is NO REASON to be critical of this 5-2 team.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Lose the argument, accuse me of whining, accuse me of not being a fan and post pictures of babies. Nice.

na buddy youve gotten worked over in every argument :laughing: Now im just having fun with you

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't think you or Op are rooting against the Bills BUT the team is 5-2 NOT 2-5 as MANY had them predicted to be by now. There is NO REASON to be critical of this 5-2 team.

We choked away 2 road games and should be 7-0. Our defense has given up a *****-ton of yards. Theres room for criticism. Am i happy that we're 5-2? I'm pleasantly surprised, that's for damn sure. I want this team to be even better than what we currently are. You can be excited and objective at the same time. Our defense needs a lot of work, and has been exposed numerous times this year. These are things they need to correct if they want to be serious contenders.

better days
11-04-2011, 03:51 PM
We choked away 2 road games and should be 7-0. Our defense has given up a *****-ton of yards. Theres room for criticism. Am i happy that we're 5-2? I'm pleasantly surprised, that's for damn sure. I want this team to be even better than what we currently are. You can be excited and objective at the same time. Our defense needs a lot of work, and has been exposed numerous times this year. These are things they need to correct if they want to be serious contenders.

People in hell want ice water. It is RIDICULOUS to think the Bills could be 7-0 at this point in time. They were bound to lose a couple games. To lose only 2 road games by 3 points is GREAT IMO. There is NO ROOM for criticism.

Sitting in 1st place in the AFC East, makes the Bills serious contenders.

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2011, 04:12 PM
People in hell want ice water. It is RIDICULOUS to think the Bills could be 7-0 at this point in time. They were bound to lose a couple games. To lose only 2 road games by 3 points is GREAT IMO. There is NO ROOM for criticism.

Sitting in 1st place in the AFC East, makes the Bills serious contenders.

There is always room for criticism. We are in a good position right now, but it could be better.

If we lose this weekend we'll be 3rd in the division and facing an uphill battle against a hellish road schedule. Thats how quickly things can change.

They've played well, but they need to improve to have a shot at the postseason...the status quo on defense will not get it done.

Beebe
11-04-2011, 10:05 PM
YEAH,WE GIVE UP ALOT OF YARDS.BUT CAN YOU SCORE WITH US.

Beebe
11-04-2011, 10:17 PM
THEY SAID THAT THE RAIDERS WERE TO PHYSICAL FOR US AND I THINK WE DID A GOOD JOB.

better days
11-04-2011, 11:25 PM
There is always room for criticism. We are in a good position right now, but it could be better.

If we lose this weekend we'll be 3rd in the division and facing an uphill battle against a hellish road schedule. Thats how quickly things can change.

They've played well, but they need to improve to have a shot at the postseason...the status quo on defense will not get it done.

From your posting, I would bet you had the Bills in 4th place right now before the season started, not in 1st. Some people are never happy.

They may not make the playoffs this year, but even if they don't this has been a great year so far. The team will make improvements in the offseason.