PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Are NFL Knockout Kings

DraftBoy
11-04-2011, 02:03 PM
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/11/04/green-bay-and-buffalo-are-the-nfl-knockout-kings/

Last year, I did an exercise where I looked at how early/late teams were knocking out other teams by securing the necessary points to secure victory. A team with three losses actually showed up as the clear knockout winner at the halfway point last year, thanks to blowouts and last second losses. That team was Green Bay. Last year, I just approximated using the quarter the knockout occurred. The idea came from a series of posts at the pro-football-reference blog a few years ago, where the 1968 Baltimore Colts showed up as the team with earliest average approximate knockout, and the New York Jets, despite a 9-7 record in 2009, showed up as the 2nd highest average knockout time for the season.

Bills are 2nd overall with an average knockout of about 17:00 remaining, however when you adjust...

When we opponent adjust the knockout times, though, the Buffalo Bills move past the Green Bay Packers, just barely. The Packers have played some Glass Joes and their average opponent has a negative knockout time of 5 minutes, 21 seconds. The Bills, meanwhile, have played a group of teams that have a positive average knockout time, at +1 minute, 54 seconds.

Fun read.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I love useless info and stats like this. :up:

Mski
11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
interesting read, for sure. some of the comments below have some good info too, like the corelation of W-L to +/- Knockout time, and what that may imply

Skooby
11-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Hmm, what conclusions can we draw from this ? The Jets will suffer?

ddaryl
11-04-2011, 02:55 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!! :D

imbondz
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
ha. that's hilarious, fun read. whoever wrote that has to be a Bills fan.

'A few plays in those games against Cincinnati and New York, and we might just see that the Bills have been floating like a butterfly while stinging like a bee.'

cause at the same time, we could have easily lost against the Raiders and Pats...so it's all a push.

paranoid
11-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Mama said KNOCK THEM OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyX7dHmaRlA