• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills Are NFL Knockout Kings

The Bills and Packers top the knockout charts in 2011, while the Panthers have yet to be knocked out before the 4th quarter despite being 2-6, and the Rams were horrible before last week’s st…

Last year, I did an exercise where I looked at how early/late teams were knocking out other teams by securing the necessary points to secure victory. A team with three losses actually showed up as the clear knockout winner at the halfway point last year, thanks to blowouts and last second losses. That team was Green Bay. Last year, I just approximated using the quarter the knockout occurred. The idea came from a series of posts at the pro-football-reference blog a few years ago, where the 1968 Baltimore Colts showed up as the team with earliest average approximate knockout, and the New York Jets, despite a 9-7 record in 2009, showed up as the 2nd highest average knockout time for the season.
    Bills are 2nd overall with an average knockout of about 17:00 remaining, however when you adjust...

When we opponent adjust the knockout times, though, the Buffalo Bills move past the Green Bay Packers, just barely. The Packers have played some Glass Joes and their average opponent has a negative knockout time of 5 minutes, 21 seconds. The Bills, meanwhile, have played a group of teams that have a positive average knockout time, at +1 minute, 54 seconds.
    Fun read.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Buffalo Bills Are NFL Knockout Kings

I love useless info and stats like this.

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

interesting read, for sure. some of the comments below have some good info too, like the corelation of W-L to +/- Knockout time, and what that may imply
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Hmm, what conclusions can we draw from this ? The Jets will suffer?

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

ha. that's hilarious, fun read. whoever wrote that has to be a Bills fan.

'A few plays in those games against Cincinnati and New York, and we might just see that the Bills have been floating like a butterfly while stinging like a bee.'

cause at the same time, we could have easily lost against the Raiders and Pats...so it's all a push.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• paranoid
              • Sep 2009

Mama said KNOCK THEM OUT!

a timeless song in the history of rap!from Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)subscribe to me and i will subscribe 2 u!!! :)And to the people that think this song...

Comment

Working...
              X