PDA

View Full Version : For those who wanted Kevin Kolb

BillsFever21
11-04-2011, 05:56 PM
For those who wanted to trade a 2nd round pick and/or multiple other picks/players to acquire Kevin Kolb this offseason I'm sure many should be happy we didn't make that trade.

He didn't prove anything in Philadelphia to warrant that compensation and contract and was injured a lot. Sure enough this season he hasn't been good at all and that's on a team with a dominant WR and good offensive minded coach/system.

Now sure enough he is injured once again and is doubtful for this weeks game. Thank god we didn't make this trade in the offseason like many wanted.

jamze132
11-04-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm glad things worked out like they have so far.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm not ready to write Kolb off as Rob Johnson Jr quite yet, but he sure has a very distinct resemblance to Robby J.

Figster
11-05-2011, 08:10 AM
For those who wanted to trade a 2nd round pick and/or multiple other picks/players to acquire Kevin Kolb this offseason I'm sure many should be happy we didn't make that trade.

He didn't prove anything in Philadelphia to warrant that compensation and contract and was injured a lot. Sure enough this season he hasn't been good at all and that's on a team with a dominant WR and good offensive minded coach/system.

Now sure enough he is injured once again and is doubtful for this weeks game. Thank god we didn't make this trade in the offseason like many wanted.

I'm guilty, as charged,

Myself personally, I still believe Chan Gailey could do good things with Kevin Kolb and was not expecting imediate success from Kolb in only his first season with a new regime/Offense in Arizona. Most QB's would take some time in a new system/new players before everything starts to click.

With that being said, theres no way I would want Kolb over Fitzpatrick now after seeing Fitz take the next step to becoming a succesful signal caller in the NFL. The relationship that has developed between 2nd year HC Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick has put the Buffalo Bills in a very good situation. Gailey is a brilliant HC, one of the best in the league in my opinion and a perfect fit for the Buffalo Bills. Chan Gailey loves his signal caller and Ryan Fitzpatrick realizes the trust/ faith Gailey has in him and is bound and determined not to let his HC/ football team down.

The Gailey/Fitzpatrick combination has teamed up two extremely intelligent and football savvy individuals, both willing to go to war for each other, and as a result the sky is the limits for the Buffalo Bills.

Note: Nov 27, 2005/ Fitzpatrick/comeback kid, in relief for injured veteran Jamie Martin, led the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win against the Texans, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns, completing 63.3% of his passes and 117.4 QB rating for the game. This made Fitzpatrick one of only six players in NFL history to pass for more 300 yards in their NFL Pro debut.

Extremebillsfan247
11-05-2011, 09:59 AM

I didn't want Kolb, but to assume that he would fail here because he presumably is failing with the Cardinals is to suggest the Bills are the same as the Cardinals. It's quite evident by record that the Bills are not. So, I don't get what your trying to prove here.

Just to play a little devils advocate, Ryan Fitzpatrick failed with the Rams, he also didn't do well enough in Cincinnati to take the job from Carson Palmer who eventually flaked out on the Bengals. He did find success here because the Bills are in a totally different situation than the Rams, or Bengals when Fitzpatrick was on those teams. It's not much different from what Kolb is going through. As Buddy Nix always says "Talent is only a part of what makes a player successful". JMO

stuckincincy
11-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I didn't want Kolb, but to assume that he would fail here because he presumably is failing with the Cardinals is to suggest the Bills are the same as the Cardinals. It's quite evident by record that the Bills are not. So, I don't get what your trying to prove here.

Just to play a little devils advocate, Ryan Fitzpatrick failed with the Rams, he also didn't do well enough in Cincinnati to take the job from Carson Palmer who eventually flaked out on the Bengals. He did find success here because the Bills are in a totally different situation than the Rams, or Bengals when Fitzpatrick was on those teams. It's not much different from what Kolb is going through. As Buddy Nix always says "Talent is only a part of what makes a player successful". JMO

Palmer did not "flake" out on the Bengals. Far from it. Take every utterance from owner Brown and HC Lewis with healthy grains of salt.

Fitz was not competing with Palmer - Palmer went out injured 5 games into the '08 season.

better days
11-05-2011, 12:34 PM

I never wanted Kolb. He may pan out or he may not. The fact is a thread was started today complaining about the contract the Bills gave Fitz.

Well, the Cardinals gave up a lot in the trade to get Kolb then gave him a huge contract before he did ANYTHING. Rob Johnson revisited.

Mahdi
11-05-2011, 04:09 PM

I'm happy we didn't get Kolb but only because I like how things turned out with Fitz.

I actually think Kolb is a good QB and would be a good fit in Chan's system. I don't think he is in the right offense for his skills in Arizona.

Put Kolb back in an Andy Reid offense or in Chan's offense and I think he would do great things.

YardRat
11-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Didn't want Kolb, or Shanahan, or McNabb, or Cowher. If we would've gotten any, or a combination of any two, we'd probably be 1-6 or 2-7 right now.

BillsFanCupp38
11-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Hahaha I am so glad someone made this thread. Bob Matthews would suck that guys you know what and I never saw the big deal. Fitz was always a better option IMO.

PromoTheRobot
11-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Too many people think the NFL is like Madden or trading cards. There is also a tendency to look at the end result of a play and think it's all because of one player.

PTR

casdhf
11-05-2011, 06:50 PM
RJ 2.0

imbondz
11-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I think Jake Locker backup for Hasselback at the Titans is going to be a great QB someday once he gets his shot.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Why do we always jump all over guys who people wanted and fail in other places? How do you know what would have happened in Chan got his hands on Kolb? These "I told you so" posts are always so stupid, but I get it, you guys will continue to post them.

PTI
11-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Fitz was the 22nd rated QB last year, he started 13 games,almost the whole season. Kolb is now starting on a new team and is 24th. It is crazy to shut the door on Kolb considering he is no different than Fitz from last year.

better days
11-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Fitz was the 22nd rated QB last year, he started 13 games,almost the whole season. Kolb is now starting on a new team and is 24th. It is crazy to shut the door on Kolb considering he is no different than Fitz from last year.

The difference between Kolb this year & Fitz last year is Kolb cost a whole lot more both in money & draft picks/players.

Jeff1220
11-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Fitz from last year didn't have a Larry Fitzgerald to throw to like Kolb does.