PDA

View Full Version : PSU AD indicted for perjury

stuckincincy
11-05-2011, 10:15 AM
"HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Penn State athletic director Tim Curley and another school administrator were charged with perjury and failure to report in an investigation into allegations that former football defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky sexually abused eight young men, authorities said Saturday."...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7192563/penn-state-nittany-lions-athletic-director-tim-curley-charged-perjury-sex-case

methos4ever
11-05-2011, 11:15 PM
As a coach and someone that has a little one on the way, this Sandusky situation stinks to high heaven. I cannot believe JoePa and PSU so willingly covered up for this man...disgusting...

Slim
11-05-2011, 11:52 PM
This report is so incredibly disturbing.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 06:57 AM
The media vultures are circling on this one...watch for more fallout. The reports are graphic in nature and heads are going to roll.

stuckincincy
11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Local CIN sports reporter quipped, "Penn State or State Pen?"

methos4ever
11-09-2011, 06:07 AM
The sad part is Mcqueary, a former capt of the team, wouldn't stop the kid from being assaulted. That he would go home and "call his daddy" as one victim's mom called it and then just fade into obscurity (and higher positions) the fact he let that kid continue to be assaulted.

DraftBoy
11-09-2011, 07:23 AM
The sad part is Mcqueary, a former capt of the team, wouldn't stop the kid from being assaulted. That he would go home and "call his daddy" as one victim's mom called it and then just fade into obscurity (and higher positions) the fact he let that kid continue to be assaulted.

Mcqueary has left the PSU program.

k-oneputt
11-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Mcqueary has left the PSU program.

They have to clean house. All the coaching and support staff has to go. And they are still going to take a huge hit rebuilding that school and football program. And rightfully so. What's going down is sickening.

psubills62
11-11-2011, 02:34 PM
They have to clean house. All the coaching and support staff has to go. And they are still going to take a huge hit rebuilding that school and football program. And rightfully so. What's going down is sickening.
I don't know that everyone will go, and I don't see why anyone outside of McQueary and Joe need to leave. Larry Johnson is probably the guy most likely to be kept on, and he had nothing to do with this.

I'm confident that no matter how good Tom Bradley does as HC, he'll be something of a last ditch option. They wanted new blood even before all this broke and they want some new blood now it seems. If they're going to hire within the PSU family, Golden will be the guy. Worse scandal or not, the guy bleeds blue and white and I don't see any way he turns down the PSU job if offered. That said, they're going to do a national search. They may need to get their own Youngstown State or San Diego State guy in the end without getting interest from big names, but I'm confident they'll find someone who can rebuild the program. We'll see if it needs as much rebuilding as you expect.

DraftBoy
11-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't know that everyone will go, and I don't see why anyone outside of McQueary and Joe need to leave. Larry Johnson is probably the guy most likely to be kept on, and he had nothing to do with this.

I'm confident that no matter how good Tom Bradley does as HC, he'll be something of a last ditch option. They wanted new blood even before all this broke and they want some new blood now it seems. If they're going to hire within the PSU family, Golden will be the guy. Worse scandal or not, the guy bleeds blue and white and I don't see any way he turns down the PSU job if offered. That said, they're going to do a national search. They may need to get their own Youngstown State or San Diego State guy in the end without getting interest from big names, but I'm confident they'll find someone who can rebuild the program. We'll see if it needs as much rebuilding as you expect.

Well they are going to aim high, early wish list is:
Urban Meyer
Mike London-UVA
Al Golden-Miami

Ive also heard:
Kevin Sumlin-Houston
Dan Mullen-Mississippi State
Chris Peterson-Boise State
Pat Fitzgerald-Northwestern
Kirk Ferentz-Iowa

A dark horse name who really isn't ready yet but will be in a couple of years is ECU offensive coordinator & qb coach Lincoln Riley. He's only 27 years old and came from Texas Tech with Ruffin McNeal when he got the ECU job.

He's turned Dominique Davis into a legitimate NFL prospect, has the #10 ranked passing offense in the country. Last year they had the 25th best offense in the country (437.62 ypg) and 16th highest scoring (36.77 ppg).

Just a name if the big guys say no.

psubills62
11-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Well they are going to aim high, early wish list is:
Urban Meyer
Mike London-UVA
Al Golden-Miami

Ive also heard:
Kevin Sumlin-Houston
Dan Mullen-Mississippi State
Chris Peterson-Boise State
Pat Fitzgerald-Northwestern
Kirk Ferentz-Iowa

A dark horse name who really isn't ready yet but will be in a couple of years is ECU offensive coordinator & qb coach Lincoln Riley. He's only 27 years old and came from Texas Tech with Ruffin McNeal when he got the ECU job.

He's turned Dominique Davis into a legitimate NFL prospect, has the #10 ranked passing offense in the country. Last year they had the 25th best offense in the country (437.62 ypg) and 16th highest scoring (36.77 ppg).

Just a name if the big guys say no.
Charlie Strong is another guy I've heard mentioned.

As far as the Big Ten coaches go (Fitzgerald and Ferentz, also Dantonio as another guy I've heard), someone mentioned a few months back that it was almost impossible for Big Ten head coaches to switch teams within the conference. They said it's only been done once in a long time (want to say a few decades), and there are just too many obstacles in place.

I've heard Kirby Smart discussed as well - but that was by ESPN, who I put no faith in.

London also has no interest - VA is his dream job.

psubills62
11-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I'd also like to add that everything I've heard says that Golden would crawl back to Happy Valley and beg for the chance to take the job. Anyone below him on the list of candidates can pretty much kiss it goodbye because I don't think there's any way he says no to PSU.

He's a guy I wouldn't mind. His success is something people can argue against, but I love his ability to recruit in addition to his on-field philosophy. There's guys I'd prefer ahead of him, but I wouldn't expect any of them to jump at the offer anymore.

Considering how PSU has done despite its limitations (offensive staff, lack of recruiting by several coaches including OC and HC, poor strength and conditioning program, etc.), I'm willing to give pretty much anyone a chance. Our offense can't get much worse.