View Full Version : Wait and see on Fitz

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:10 PM
No way he deserved this contract yet.

Last year after 7 games:
1645 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

This year
1739 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

We all know he finished OUTSIDE the top 20 QBs in the NFL last year too. He is completing more passes this year, which is good, but the screens and 2 yard passes and checkdowns that Holcomb and Edwards completed got killed and Fitz is praised? I just don't get it. Dude has done nothing to prove he is worth anything yet. Ihope he keeps it up, for the sake of this franchise.

better days
11-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Unlike Holcomb & Edwards, Fitz throws TD's & wins games. Neither Holcomb or Edwards threw 14 TD's in an entire season EVER, let alone after 7 games.

ddaryl
11-05-2011, 12:19 PM
seriously.. that argument is weak as hell.

Fitz sees the field and make good decisions and makes them quickly. How about the Bills red zone production with Fitz at the helm ??? How about the amount of points we've put up on the board compared to other Bills QB's over the last 10 years ??

His stats since he has been our starter put him in the upper half of average QB's in the NFL, and those QB's make about $10 mil a season.. Fitz got paid on par or a little less then other QB's who have similar stats.

the real question is PTI, who would you rather see at QB.. Would you rather see the Bills let Fitz walk and use that money on a drafted rookie QB who would be a complete crapshoot or a FA QB whose stats would be at best equal to what Fitz is doing.

Bottom line is Fitz and Chan are on the same page, Fitz does produce, and this team is much better with him at QB then not.

Add in the fact that essentially his contract is a 3 year deal with the Bills holding the options on years 4 5 and 6 his deal was a damn good one for this franchise.

AND if a solid can't miss QB prospect falls to the Bills they will still draft that QB and he can be groomed behind Fitz for few years...

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Edwards and Holcomb had stretches where the Bills won more than they lost too, it is a complete lie to say otherwise.

ddaryl
11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Edwards and Holcomb had stretches where the Bills won more than they lost too, it is a complete lie to say otherwise.

but neither were any-where's near as consistent and productive as Fitz has been.

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:23 PM
ddaryl, I said wait and see, can you read? I did not say replace Fitz now. I do think Shaun Hill would do just as well as Fitz has done though. Hope I am wrong, but there is nothing Fitz is doing that other backups around the NFL cannot do. I would still like the Bills to draft a QB next year, and there are several that could do just as well as Fitz within a year.

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
but neither were any-where's near as consistent and productive as Fitz has been.

Oxymoron, Fitz and consistent, what are you smoking? He is the definition of inconsistent and that has been the book on him, do you even watch the games and follow football?

Ed
11-05-2011, 12:27 PM
ddaryl, I said wait and see, can you read? I did not say replace Fitz now. I do think Shaun Hill would do just as well as Fitz has done though. Hope I am wrong, but there is nothing Fitz is doing that other backups around the NFL cannot do. I would still like the Bills to draft a QB next year, and there are several that could do just as well as Fitz within a year.
That's just a really stupid statement.

better days
11-05-2011, 12:29 PM

SHORT stretches against WEAK teams. NEITHER of them ever beat a good team like Fitz has this year.

G Wolly
11-05-2011, 12:29 PM
but there is nothing Fitz is doing that other backups around the NFL cannot do.

Still seeing Fitz as a back-up?

Watch a Rams game. See how ****ty Bradford is playing as a starter with a starter contract.

Sometimes people just need to find stuff to ***** about I guess.

alnilla
11-05-2011, 12:32 PM
****s weak

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2011, 12:32 PM
No way he deserved this contract yet.

Last year after 7 games:
1645 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

This year
1739 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

We all know he finished OUTSIDE the top 20 QBs in the NFL last year too. He is completing more passes this year, which is good, but the screens and 2 yard passes and checkdowns that Holcomb and Edwards completed got killed and Fitz is praised? I just don't get it. Dude has done nothing to prove he is worth anything yet. Ihope he keeps it up, for the sake of this franchise.
There are way worse QBs making more money than Fitz that would kill to have
3300 yards 28TDs and 14Ints in 14 games....

For you to think he is dinking and dunking like Holcomb and Johnson is laughable. He attempts deep balls quite often and certainly hits intermediate routes often.

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:36 PM
There are way worse QBs making more money than Fitz that would kill to have
3300 yards 28TDs and 14Ints in 14 games....

For you to think he is dinking and dunking like Holcomb and Johnson is laughable. He attempts deep balls quite often and certainly hits intermediate routes often.

All his deep balls are well underthrown. Do you watch the games, dude has the weakest arm of every QB in the NFL that starts.

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Watch a Rams game. See how ****ty Bradford is playing as a starter with a starter contract.

Hilarious, 2nd year versus 7th year. Alex Smith is playing every bit as good as Fitz is. Where is his big money contract and extension? Oh yeah, Niners are not as dumb to extend him until they wait and see.

better days
All his deep balls are well underthrown. Do you watch the games, dude has the weakest arm of every QB in the NFL that starts.

I don't remember Joe Montana having a big arm.

PTI

Hilarious, 2nd year versus 7th year. Alex Smith is playing every bit as good as Fitz is. Where is his big money contract and extension? Oh yeah, Niners are not as dumb to extend him until they wait and see.

THATHURMANATOR
By the way what list are you looking at that has Fitz outside the top 20?

He is currently:
6th in QB rating
5th in TD passes
3rd in completion percentage

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't remember Joe Montana having a big arm.

There we are, it is pathetic to bring up Joe Montana in any conversation with Fitz.

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:42 PM
By the way what list are you looking at that has Fitz outside the top 20?

He is currently:
6th in QB rating
5th in TD passes
3rd in completion percentage

I did not say that he is outside the top 20 this year, more people that cannot read, I said he finished outside the top 20 last year with similar numbers after 7 games. By all accounts his numbers are really good, but not earth shattering, you do realize the rules have changed to make the QB and WR have big numbers.

better days
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
There we are, it is pathetic to bring up Joe Montana in any conversation with Fitz.

OK, how about Alex Smith. Tell us his arm is stronger than Fitz's so we can laugh at you again.

PTI
11-05-2011, 12:48 PM
OK, how about Alex Smith. Tell us his arm is stronger than Fitz's so we can laugh at you again.

You just helped make my point, he has no big money contract, they are waiting. The Bills should have too. Fitz has proven nothing.

Philagape
11-05-2011, 01:01 PM

It's more pathetic to bring up backups in comparison. And stupid.

Just because you watch the games doesn't mean you understand what you're watching. Like a chimpanzee watching chess.

G Wolly
11-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Would you rather look at guys like Kolb or Cassel who were offered big contracts to come to another team to do jack **** for them?

PTI
11-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Would you rather look at guys like Kolb or Cassel who were offered big contracts to come to another team to do jack **** for them?
Same, really. I felt Kolb was worth the risk for Cardinals to try. They will draft a QB still next year though, they made the trade but are not married to Kolb. He has played significantly less games then Fitz with a much higher upside. I would rather have Kolb then Fitz, yes. RIght now Fitz is playing better and is benefiting huge under Gailey,I really don't believe Fitz is much more than average. Kolb may never be either, time will tell.

Cassel has already made the playoffs. No comparison, Matt Cassel thus far is more successful NFL QB and it is not close compared to Fitz.

malvado78
11-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Cassel has already made the playoffs. No comparison, Matt Cassel thus far is more successful NFL QB and it is not close compared to Fitz.
Wow. Just wow.

End thread. This man is delerious.

There is no point in any further discussion with him.

EricStratton
11-05-2011, 01:41 PM
The Niner's have paid Alex Smith close to 50 million since he was drafted, haven't they?

MikeInRoch
11-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I did not say that he is outside the top 20 this year, more people that cannot read, I said he finished outside the top 20 last year with similar numbers after 7 games. By all accounts his numbers are really good, but not earth shattering, you do realize the rules have changed to make the QB and WR have big numbers.

And those rules didn't change for everyone else. Which is why he's highly ranked. Right?

Luisito23
11-05-2011, 01:44 PM
I wasn't in favor of the contract that Fitz got, but this PTI character is as clueless as they come, and he questions others about their football knowledge. :laughing:

Maybin's Revenge
11-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't think this was a bad deal. Once a quarterback "gets it" at the NFL level, as Fitzpatrick has, it's a fair bet that he'll continue to produce and perhaps even improve.

Besides, even if the Bills find someone better, there's always a handsome trade market for quarterbacks.

SpillerThrills
11-05-2011, 02:37 PM
When was the last time Buffalo beat New England???? News flash, Trent, JP, Holcomb... NONE of them did. to sit here and b1tch about Fitz's deal is moronic. Fitz is winning games and that's what matters.

Novacane
11-05-2011, 02:42 PM

You are full of ****

Novacane
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Same, really. I felt Kolb was worth the risk for Cardinals to try. They will draft a QB still next year though, they made the trade but are not married to Kolb. He has played significantly less games then Fitz with a much higher upside. I would rather have Kolb then Fitz, yes. RIght now Fitz is playing better and is benefiting huge under Gailey,I really don't believe Fitz is much more than average. Kolb may never be either, time will tell.

The more I read in this thread the more I know you have no idea what the heck you are talking about.

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Did he though? I will admit to not being able to find out for sure but he has very similar stats both seasons. How is he in the top 5 to 7 this year and out of the top 20 last year??? Makes no sense. Where are all those great QBs? Did they disappear?

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2011, 02:47 PM
The more I read in this thread the more I know you have no idea what the heck you are talking about.
Seriously!!! Kolb has looked TERRIBLY bad is not a whole lot younger and has never proven a thing ever.

Maybin's Revenge
11-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't say that Cassel is a better quarterback right now. They're probably about equal, a slight going to Fitzpatrick. As regards Kolb, it's not close. Fitzpatrick is the better player right now.

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2011, 02:57 PM
No I have never watched a game ever....

These balls didn't look underthrown... Get a life already. You exposed yourself as a fraud with this thread. No one claims Fitz is top tier but he is certainly in the next tier and his contract is exactly what the next tier gets.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ue4NdiIEkcE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ue4NdiIEkcE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxCWzyUtFbY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxCWzyUtFbY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E47ijcEhFxE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E47ijcEhFxE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ddaryl
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Oxymoron, Fitz and consistent, what are you smoking? He is the definition of inconsistent and that has been the book on him, do you even watch the games and follow football?

... yeah he has had a few off moments and a off game but for the most part he is very consistent

You don't crack multiple top 10 QB stats categories without some consistency

You are grasping at straws IMO. Not many QB's in this league playing better then Fitz, and those that are are being paid considerably more for the most part

Maybin's Revenge
11-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Arm strength is overrated. If the quarterback is smart and makes good decisions, he can excel with average arm strength or even less.

Jeff1220
11-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow. One thing is certain...somebody ODed on some Haterade today, that's for sure.

SquishDaFish
11-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Your on some good crack

BertSquirtgum
11-05-2011, 04:19 PM
this thread is dumb

djjimkelly
11-05-2011, 05:59 PM
fitzs contract is not a bank breaker

in fact it pays him in the middle of the pack of starting qbs

plus from what ive read this is basically a 3 year deal

i still expect the bills to draft a qb in the next couple years

however when we do draft a qb it will be because of value and not because we are desperate for a savior but because he is the BPA and we cant pass him up

im actually very happy with how the bills have handled fitzs contract and the qb position in general since gailey/nix have taken over

better days
11-05-2011, 10:01 PM
You just helped make my point, he has no big money contract, they are waiting. The Bills should have too. Fitz has proven nothing.

Fitz has proven to Chan & Buddy he can take this team to where it has not been in the last decade or they would not have paid him.

PTI
11-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Fitz has proven to Chan & Buddy he can take this team to where it has not been in the last decade or they would not have paid him.

Bills were 5-2 just 3 years ago, what in the heck are you talking about? Are people really that far up Fitz's butt that they just simply ignore this fact?

BidsJr
11-06-2011, 08:45 AM
this thread is dumb

The sentence directly below his username tells me all I need to know.

PTI
11-06-2011, 08:48 AM
The sentence directly below his username tells me all I need to know.

I didn't put that there, someone used Zonebux and hijacked my user comment, don't believe everything you see, you will learn that as you grow up.

MikeInRoch
11-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Bills were 5-2 just 3 years ago, what in the heck are you talking about? Are people really that far up Fitz's butt that they just simply ignore this fact?

Do you REALLY think that team was on the same level as this team?

better days
11-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Are you really that stupid to think this team is anything like the Jauron/Edwards team? The fact is DIFFERENT teams TOTALLY.

YardRat
11-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Not that I'm comparing Fitz to Jim Kelly in any way, but Jimbo had exactly one season where his TD-INT ratio was 2-1 or better. He hovered around 4-3 most of the time, roughly.

Stats aren't the end all-be all.

PTI
11-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Do you REALLY think that team was on the same level as this team?

Go back and look, you are what your record is, the Bills were easily ranked in every top poll that year too, I am not making this stuff up. The defense was better, the offense was worse.

PTI
11-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Not that I'm comparing Fitz to Jim Kelly in any way, but Jimbo had exactly one season where his TD-INT ratio was 2-1 or better. He hovered around 4-3 most of the time, roughly.

Stats aren't the end all-be all.
How many times can I say this, the rules are different now, comparing Kelly to Fitz is stupid, 9 starters have have at least 2-1 TD/INT right now, and besides that Brees is 19/10, Hassleback is 11/6 and McCoy is 9/5. That is about 38% of the starters right there at the 2:1 you speak of, 12 of them.

I want Fitz to flourish, but don't make him sound like anything we have seen from him thus far as special, it is not.

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
bump....

Borosai
11-06-2011, 03:01 PM
When the season started, I wanted to give Fitzpatrick the entire season to see what kind of performance he could deliver over 16 games.

He started off really well. And although he had his WTF moments, he did way more good than bad and the Bills were 3-0. Since then he has been an efficient game manager at best, while increasing the number of head-scratchers. That might work with a great defense to cover for you, but that's not the case right now.

If he and Chan can revert back to the way they were playing at the start of the season, great: he'll earn his contract and the Bills will have a chance. If they continue performing like they have recently (2-3), we as fans are in for more years of the same garbage.

5-3 isn't the end of the season or anything, but expectations are higher now, and we've all seen this film before.

PTI
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Alex Smith, Sanchez, I mean, these guys are better than Fitz.

Matt Moore looked as good today then at any point Fitz ever did.

Fitz never will be a playoff QB. Great competitor, tons of heart, likeable player and teammate and person, just not a good enough QB to where he is a long term starter.

MikeInRoch
11-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Go back and look, you are what your record is, the Bills were easily ranked in every top poll that year too, I am not making this stuff up. The defense was better, the offense was worse.

Polls don't mean anything. If you watched the games, you'd have known it was an illusion.

MikeInRoch
11-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Alex Smith, Sanchez, I mean, these guys are better than Fitz.

Matt Moore looked as good today then at any point Fitz ever did.

Fitz never will be a playoff QB. Great competitor, tons of heart, likeable player and teammate and person, just not a good enough QB to where he is a long term starter.

Sanchez is not a better QB than Fitz. Period.

PTI
11-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Sanchez is not a better QB than Fitz. Period.

Period, that is a wonderful argument.

Sanchez now has a QB rating of 85.7. His 2nd lowest game is higher than QB rating because his one game was that bad. He has 1775 yards, 13 TDs, 6 INTs. Sanchez has 7 games over his QB rating.

Fitz is now 92.3, 1930 yards, 15 TDs and 9 INTs. Fitz has 4 games under is QB rating average, and 4 games over his average.

Their numbers are not much different. Sanchez shows a lot more promise though.

Not to mention, um, he has been really good in the playoffs 2 years in a row. It is silly to suggest Fitz is better, he has done nothing yet in the NFL.

Novacane
11-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Put Fitz behind that line and with that defense and put Sanchez with what we have. Sanchez would suck. I would not want him as the Bills QB

PTI
11-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Put Fitz behind that line and with that defense and put Sanchez with what we have. Sanchez would suck. I would not want him as the Bills QB

Fitz is on the Bills and Sanchez is on the Jets, why don't people just realize this will not change and this little swap is silly to discuss?

Crisis
11-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Fitz is on the Bills and Sanchez is on the Jets, why don't people just realize this will not change and this little swap is silly to discuss?

Because comparing two players surrounded by different level of talents is completely stupid.

Novacane
11-06-2011, 03:43 PM

Thank God it will not change. I'll take Fitz over Sanchez every day.

Philagape
11-06-2011, 04:08 PM

Sanchez now has a QB rating of 85.7. His 2nd lowest game is higher than QB rating because his one game was that bad. He has 1775 yards, 13 TDs, 6 INTs. Sanchez has 7 games over his QB rating.

Fitz is now 92.3, 1930 yards, 15 TDs and 9 INTs. Fitz has 4 games under is QB rating average, and 4 games over his average.

Not to mention, um, he has been really good in the playoffs 2 years in a row. It is silly to suggest Fitz is better, he has done nothing yet in the NFL.

To quote, well, you ... watch the games.

But first learn how to watch football.

Then watch the games.

MikeInRoch
11-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Fitz has slightly better numbers on a MUCH less talented team. The defense rests.

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:11 PM
To quote, well, you ... watch the games.

But first learn how to watch football.

Then watch the games.

I do, Fitz does not have the ability that Sanchez does. Everyone except some Bills fans know it.

Philagape
11-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I do, Fitz does not have the ability that Sanchez does. Everyone except some Bills fans know it.

You don't speak for anyone else. And you don't know what ability is.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Sanchez is a game manager type of QB who still makes dumb mistakes from time to time.

So tell me what ability does Sanchez have that Fitz doesn't?

psubills62
11-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Since when is having a very good surrounding team an "ability"?

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Sanchez is a game manager type of QB who still makes dumb mistakes from time to time.

So tell me what ability does Sanchez have that Fitz doesn't?

You think Fitz is more than a game manager? Wow!

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Since when is having a very good surrounding team an "ability"?

You really wanted to penalize a guy because he has some good players on his team? Troy Aikman just resigned from the Hall of Fame.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2011, 04:21 PM

You said Sanchez has more ability. I'm waiting to see what more ability that is.

If anything physically they're the same dude with a nod to Fitz on football acumen.

That and where Sanchez was drafted he was supposed to be more than a Trent Dilfer clone.

Philagape
11-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Strong case there!

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:25 PM
You said Sanchez has more ability. I'm waiting to see what more ability that is.

If anything physically they're the same dude with a nod to Fitz on football acumen.

That and where Sanchez was drafted he was supposed to be more than a Trent Dilfer clone.

You did not see Sanchez throwing the ball downfield, he does every game. I will take the guy with the better arm, the better athletic ability, the better upside, who has played well in the playoffs then a guy tossed around the NFL who lost out twice to Edwards as a starter. When asked to throw, Sanchez has. He needs to fumble less, but this is his 3rd year. Not too bad really.

Philagape
11-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I will take the guy with the better arm, the better athletic ability, the better upside

JaMarcus Russell has an awesome arm. You'd love him. And he's available!

Fans are only as smart as the QBs they like.

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
You don't speak for anyone else. And you don't know what ability is.

Hilarious Fitz homers thanking each other, how lovely, the type of guys who go to the bathroom together I would bet.

You are funny, have yet to see anyone say anything to really defend Fitz except to berate Sanchez, very poor attempt.

Philagape
11-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Hilarious Fitz homers thanking each other, how lovely, the type of guys who go to the bathroom together I would bet.

You are funny, have yet to see anyone say anything to really defend Fitz except to berate Sanchez, very poor attempt.

I didn't have to, you've made the best case for Fitz. He's performed better.
Because Fitz is WAY smarter and does a much better job of making others around him look better.

After all the million-dollar arms and ten-cent heads that have gone through Buffalo, it's astounding that people still think being a good QB is about how far he can throw the ball. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I didn't have to, you've made the best case for Fitz. He's performed better.
Because Fitz is WAY smarter and does a much better job of making others around him look better.

After all the million-dollar arms and ten-cent heads that have gone through Buffalo, it's astounding that people still think being a good QB is about how far he can throw the ball. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Don't make it sound like that, so intellectually dishonest. It would be different if his only fault was he can't throw the deep ball, he has many others. He didn't make Lee Evans better. JP Losman did. He didn't make Lynch better. Has be made Spiller better? Every team has guys with stats, seriously, you must not watch other games. Gailey has made Fitz better, there is nothing else too it, but Fitz is very limited.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2011, 04:37 PM

I told you they're both basically the same QB with a nod to Fitz on football acumen.

Your argument was that Sanchez throws downfield, so does Fitz. As evidenced by the fact that Fitzpatricks' YPA is almost a full yard better than Sanchez this year.

Better athletic ability? What are you using to judge athletic ability? Fitzpatrick averages a yard and a half more per rushing attempt over his career.

Higher completion percentage? Fitz.

Higher QB rating? Fitz.

Waiting to see how Sanchez is so much better.

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I told you they're both basically the same QB with a nod to Fitz on football acumen.

Your argument was that Sanchez throws downfield, so does Fitz. As evidenced by the fact that Fitzpatricks' YPA is almost a full yard better than Sanchez this year.

Better athletic ability? What are you using to judge athletic ability? Fitzpatrick averages a yard and a half more per rushing attempt over his career.

Higher completion percentage? Fitz.

Higher QB rating? Fitz.

Waiting to see how Sanchez is so much better.
You can't say just because his Y/PAis higher he throws and completes downfield passes more, Fitz is the lowest rated QB in the league in passes thrown over 15 yards, his guys break tackles and make YAC on screens and crap plays, more evidence you don't really watch the games. Who are the Jets YAC guys? Old man LT and stone hands Green? Bills WRs are just as good as the Jets.

Their freaking TE averages over 15 yards a catch.

psubills62
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
You really wanted to penalize a guy because he has some good players on his team? Troy Aikman just resigned from the Hall of Fame.
What the heck argument is this? Sanchez looks average at best with a great team. That's completely unlike guys who look like HOF's with a great team. Just ridiculous.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
You can't say just because his Y/PAis higher he throws and completes downfield passes more, Fitz is the lowest rated QB in the league in passes thrown over 15 yards, his guys break tackles and make YAC on screens and crap plays, more evidence you don't really watch the games. Who are the Jets YAC guys? Old man LT and stone hands Green? Bills WRs are just as good as the Jets.

Their freaking TE averages over 15 yards a catch.

Hell, you saw it today, Stevie Johnson caught 2 deep balls...both he might have gotten 10 combined YAC yards out of. Both of those completions were for longer than the Jets longest pass play of the day.

Speaking of TEs...Dustin Keller had the longest reception of the day for the Jets..24 yards. Want to know what he averages on the year? 15 yards a catch.

Next?

Philagape
11-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Don't make it sound like that, so intellectually dishonest. It would be different if his only fault was he can't throw the deep ball, he has many others. He didn't make Lee Evans better. JP Losman did. He didn't make Lynch better. Has be made Spiller better? Every team has guys with stats, seriously, you must not watch other games. Gailey has made Fitz better, there is nothing else too it, but Fitz is very limited.

You watch, but you do not understand what you're watching. You are incapable of analyzing the game. The JP comment just says all there is to know about you.
Like I said, you're only as smart as the QBs you like.
Welcome to ignore.

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Hell, you saw it today, Stevie Johnson caught 2 deep balls...both he might have gotten 10 combined YAC yards out of. Both of those completions were for longer than the Jets longest pass play of the day.

Speaking of TEs...Dustin Keller had the longest reception of the day for the Jets..24 yards. Want to know what he averages on the year? 15 yards a catch.

Next?
The Johnson completion was nice, and it had about 25 YAC on it. Go to NFL.com and watch the highlight, ball was on the 25, caught it just after the 50.

Fitz has single coverage deep all day long, he is not good enough to change defensive formations at all. Bills play sooo off the ball, they just don't allow for the deep balls to happen.

G Wolly
11-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Placing all the blame on Fitz for this one is just stupid.

PTI
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Placing all the blame on Fitz for this one is just stupid.

Who has, the thread originated with saying wait and see about paying Fitz and Fitz lovers make the change?!? Fitz sucked, at least we can all say that, right? Some bad play calling, and the Bills were really flat. The defense was good enough to win until they got tired from being on the field all day long.

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Fitz is an above average back up and we are stuck with him as a starter for at least 3 years. Hell yeah.

kingJofNYC
11-06-2011, 11:33 PM
HurkeyNuts is a below average poster, and we're stuck with him forever!

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2011, 12:09 AM
stop hurting my e-feelings. i think i'm going to lose about an hour of sleep tonight while i think about why people think i'm a bad poster on a Bills message board.

ZEUS
11-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Anyone with "I love Michelle and Barrack Obama" in their avatar has got to be an idiot. Nice thread PTI. You are way off.

PTI
11-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Anyone with "I love Michelle and Barrack Obama" in their avatar has got to be an idiot. Nice thread PTI. You are way off.

Wish I knew how to change it, some one put that there who has a bunch of zonebucks. Pretty silly to just comment on that. Just shows there is really only blind hope in Fitz, he just is not that good.

Oaf
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
All,

"Wait and see on Fitz" is not such an egregious statement, is it?